To me Ron Paul audit the Fed maybe a bad idea.

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
kennyq's picture
kennyq
To me Ron Paul audit the Fed maybe a bad idea.

If we found anything bad within the Fed, will it hurt the "confidence" of the economy? Will it trigger the collapes of the economy instantly?

I am not ready yet. I need time to prepare as what Dr. Martenson did for the future. What will it happen if we found something in Fed's books? Stocks

go up since a bad news is a good news from CNBC, or Fox news these days?

jneo's picture
jneo
Re: To me Ron Paul audit the Fed maybe a bad idea.

It's better to deal with it now instead of later.  If this country would of done this a few years after 1913 we would not be in the position we have today.  Remember we can vote out the politicians but not the central bankers.  

1. Sound money

2. Consumption tax 

3. Dramatic change in foreign Policy

4. 3rd party 

jpitre's picture
jpitre

Like taking bad tasting medicine that one needs to swallow to survive, the best way is to just do it. I believe that putting the facts on the table for all to see may be the only way to move past the corrupt and stagnant mess we are in. Reality has to be better than pretending that everything is fine, all the while knowing that something isn't right. Time to face the music.

Jim

goes211's picture
goes211

Sometimes what is good for you personally diverges from what would be good for society as a whole.  For example I have worked in the financial industry for the past 15 years.  As long as I have a job, I am sure that current system works for me far better than it does for the average person.  That is not stopping me from being at my local "End the Fed" protest.

Sometimes you just have to do what is right!

Tycer's picture
Tycer

How long will the wheels of bureaucracy take to pass, form a task force, gain complete access, analyze the findings, present the findings to congress, debate whether to tell the public, and tell the public?

IMO there's a better chanced that Ron Paul will be president before that happens. 

Quit worrying.

JAG's picture
JAG

You've got plenty of time to prepare Kenny. The most time intensive thing is making a plan of attack. Knowing what to do will put you light years ahead of the crowd, and thats all that really matters in a crisis.

plantguy90's picture
plantguy90

"Enactment of the bill would tend to undermine public and investor confidence in monetary policy by raising concerns that monetary policy judgments in pursuit of our legislated objectives would become subject to political considerations," Fed General Counsel Scott Alvarez told the House of Representatives Financial Services Committee.

"These are not audits in the sense that a CPA or accountant would conduct an audit. They are really policy reviews, they are reviews that often times are involving interviews or depositions of participants, looking at records and coming to an independent policy judgment," Alvarez said, adding that the Fed's decisions could be seen as reacting to GAO findings and congressional criticism.

full article - http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTRE58N5Q020090925?feedType=RSS&feedName=politicsNews

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: Pat Buchanan throws in with Ron Pauls' FED audit.

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=34794

A1B2C3D4's picture
A1B2C3D4
www.campaignforliberty.com

I joined C4L just over a year ago when the membership was 6,000 and it has grown exponentially standing at 224,573 today. That is it doubled and redoubled over five times in one year!

I tell people I meet about it daily and wish everyone involved so far would do the same so the exponential growth would continue. It does grow at about an additional 100 members daily more or less. But that isn't fast enough to suit me. If only everyone would keep telling others we could double and redouble until we were in the millions and then tens of millions. Then we could replace the misguided politicians with those who would respect the Constitution, keep their oath to preserve it, and reduce the government to its proper functions and restore sound money.

I would rather we had a rational government than this madness masquerading as responsible and caring while eating out our substance, spreading us too thin, sacrificing our young and antagonizing decent but ignorant peoples around the world.

www.campaignforliberty.com

Join us! No cost, just pass the torch and read the books on the site or at www.mises.org

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Ron Paul gaining respect as FED audit movement gains ground

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/6774366.html

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments