Massive blackbird and fish deaths in Arkansas, Louisiana...what's up?!!

102 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Massive blackbird and fish deaths in Arkansas, Louisiana...what's up?!!

Alright, so here are some pretty creepy stories that I first heard about yesterday or the day before.   First it was 1000s of blackbirds dying, falling out of the sky, in Arkansas.  Next I read about 1,000s of blackbirds and fish dying in Louisiana.  What's going on??  Did our 3rd "E" (Environment) just send us a major message?  Or are the explanations hypothesized by officials, like this potentially being due to severe weather (a hurricane that went through Arkansas), or the stress of "New Year's fireworks", adequate explanations? 

On the one hand, I don't want to be sensationalist in posting this if it does have a relatively benign, rationale explanation. But on the other hand, I also don't want to ignore what could potentially be a newsworthy story from our 3E perspective, given all the environmental stressors out there right now.  So apologies in advance if it does turn out to be the former rather than the latter!

A couple of the links I saw also talk about 100s of TONS of fish dying in Brazil.  But I haven't checked that story out enough yet to have a warm-fuzzy on whether it is a valid/current news story or not.  I.e., a couple of times I've seen stories reference other stories as if they were all happening "now", when in fact some of the referenced stories turned out to be from months or years before.  i'm not saying that;s the case here, but just giving a heads-up that story needs to be checked out better:

Anyway, here are a couple of links to stories on it.  What do you guys think?

Bemused U.S. officials are looking into why more than 1,000 blackbirds crashed from the sky in Arkansas on the final day of 2010.

In scenes reminiscent of the FlashForward drama series, state wildlife employees were searching the town of Beebe after scores of birds fell to the ground late on New Year's Eve, continuing into the early hours of the morning.

High winds and tornadoes swept through Arkansas on New Year's Eve, killing seven people, and state staff believe the bizarre incident could be down to the severe conditions

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1343605/1-000-blackbirds-fall-Arkansas-sky-New-Years-Eve.html#ixzz1A6YzSK8l

Bemused U.S. officials are looking into why more than 1,000 blackbirds crashed from the sky in Arkansas on the final day of 2010.

In scenes reminiscent of the FlashForward drama series, state wildlife employees were searching the town of Beebe after scores of birds fell to the ground late on New Year's Eve, continuing into the early hours of the morning.

High winds and tornadoes swept through Arkansas on New Year's Eve, killing seven people, and state staff believe the bizarre incident could be down to the severe conditions.

'It could be weather-related or possibly stress-related,' said Keith Stephens, a spokesman for the Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.

'There were some fireworks shot off at midnight and it is possible that the birds were on their roost and stressed so bad that it could have killed them.'

Next, from the NY Daily News, "Bizarre blackbird, fish deaths spread: 500 birds dead in Louisiana; 100 tons of fish die in Brazil", at http://www.nydailynews.com/news/2011/01/04/2011-01-04_bizarre_blackbird_fish_deaths_spread_500_birds_dead_in_louisana_100_tons_of_fish.html?r=news

It isn't 2012, but a rash of animal deaths is making this year look like the End of Days.

Following on the heels of thousands of red-winged blackbirds dying in a small Arkansas town, several hundred more mysteriously died farther south in Louisiana.

Officials are trying to determine what killed an estimated 500 of the small birds, who littered Louisiana Highway 1 near Pointe Coupee Parish when they fell out of the sky, according to Baton Rouge's The Advocate.

Among this new batch of dead birds were several starlings, the newspaper reported.

"We have sent bird carcasses to two individual labs to obtain toxicology reports," Bo Boehringer, spokesperson for the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries, told the Daily News.

He said it was not clear what had caused the birds to die off, despite random theories including fireworks or hail, as well as the wrath of God and government conspiracies. Boehringer downplayed any connection between the red-winged blackbird deaths in Louisiana to the ones in Arkansas, several hundred miles away.

"It's too early to connect the two scenarios," he said, noting that it could be a week or more before the results come back.

Meanwhile, as officials in Arkansas continue to investigate what may have killed nearly 100,000 fresh water drum in the Arkansas River, wildlife experts in Maryland are looking into their own massive fish kill in the Chesapeake Bay.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Massive blackbird and fish deaths in Arkansas, ...

I'm responsible for the fish but I don't have anything to do with those damn birds.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

I should have known!  "Damn raptors" is what my husband calls them!

Doug's picture
Doug

I heard an interview with some kind of expert in the Arkansas incident.  They had autopsied 17 of the birds at the time and every one was killed by blunt force trauma.  The birds were roosting in local trees and there were a lot of fireworks going off including some cannons as midnight approached.  The theory is that the noise scared the birds and they flew blindly into trees, buildings, etc.

Doug

ao's picture
ao
Doug wrote:

I heard an interview with some kind of expert in the Arkansas incident.  They had autopsied 17 of the birds at the time and every one was killed by blunt force trauma.  The birds were roosting in local trees and there were a lot of fireworks going off including some cannons as midnight approached.  The theory is that the noise scared the birds and they flew blindly into trees, buildings, etc.

Doug

If you look where a lot of them landed (e.g. in the middle of relatively open areas), it's fairly obvious those particularly birds didn't strike any trees or buildings.  Hail sounds like a more likely cause (if it occurred).  But then again, is the fish kill related or unrelated? 

Doug's picture
Doug
ao wrote:
Doug wrote:

Doug

If you look where a lot of them landed (e.g. in the middle of relatively open areas), it's fairly obvious those particularly birds didn't strike any trees or buildings.  Hail sounds like a more likely cause (if it occurred).  But then again, is the fish kill related or unrelated? 

I'm just repeating what I heard.  If they were disoriented enough, I suppose hitting the ground can cause blunt force trauma also.  I know nothing about the fish.

Doug

doorwarrior's picture
doorwarrior

I know this will sound alot like a conspiracy theroy and I have no idea if there is a connection or not. Could it be possible that HAARP in Alska could have something to do with this? New Years eve was an odd time of the year for a tornado and many parts of the country/world are experiencing extremely unusual weather. HAARP was designed to control the weather and this may be an unintended side effect of a test run.

I have tried to find out if they were running any experiments during this time but all I could find was a statement that they are constantly running tests year round. They say its not a classified facility but information sure is hard to find.

Rich

thomasjjason's picture
thomasjjason
Doug wrote:

Doug

It's unfortunate that's the best lie they came up with.  It doesn't explain the birds found in Louisana, Kentucky, and Sweden along with the millions of fish turning up all over the world.  Next up watch for the swarm of locusts. 

Huffington Post- Dead Birds Fall From Sky in Sweden, Millions of Dead Fish Found in Maryland, Brazil, New Zealand

tom.'s picture
tom.
Very large' fish kill reported in Chesapeake bay

BALTIMORE SUN LINK

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

Rich,

I'll eat my hat if HAARP can control weather - and that's a bold statement, because I love my hat.
They may have tried at one point, but if they'd succeeded, I wouldn't have a job. 

Any atmospheric phenomenon would be a stretch, IMHO - hail and thunderstorms have been occurring for a long time, and I can't recall any cases of birds being killed all around the country. In fact, from my observation, birds know enough to fly away from low pressure. Birds descending from the mountains is often a sign that the thermal updrafts are too strong... on even terrain, you can often see birds flying away from well developed storms or complexes.

My inclination is that it's a disease, but the timing and incident with the fish makes it tough to justify.
Going to have to keep our eyes on this, it's truly puzzling.Cheers,

Aaron

Doug's picture
Doug

Aaron

Quote:

My inclination is that it's a disease,

If the report I heard, and cited above, is correct, how do you explain the blunt force trauma to all the birds they examined?  I've found that usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

I don't know how to explain the fish kills, except to note that large fish kills happen with some frequency just about everywhere.

Doug

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

The impact from them hitting the ground, was my thought...

Could be wrong though. 

Cheers,

Aaron

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Doug wrote:
Aaron wrote:

My inclination is that it's a disease,

If the report I heard, and cited above, is correct, how do you explain the blunt force trauma to all the birds they examined?  I've found that usually the simplest explanation is the correct one.

I don't know how to explain the fish kills, except to note that large fish kills happen with some frequency just about everywhere.

Doug

Dead spot have been washing up for weeks here in Va Beach, just not in the large numbers reported elsewhere.  The B Sun link Tom provided talked about spot having sensitivity to cold water - that is a well known impact here in the Tidewater area.  Given the vast majority of the fish being spot, I'm inclined to think the fish kill is a cold water event.

As for the redwing blackbirds......maybe they are GMO Monsanto blackbirds?  Cool

nickbert's picture
nickbert

doorwarrior-

For what it's worth, I regularly drive by the HAARP facility (about 8 times a month) and work about 100 miles or so from it, and the only dead birds I've seen dropping from the sky are the ones that have been shot by the locals  Laughing

- Nickbert

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Ok, I have another question to throw out on this: why just redwinged blackbirds (in Arkansas)?  If it was weather or fireworks, wouldn't you expect to find a variety of birds?  I think I may have heard/read of some starlings, too, but that's the extent of what I remember hearing/reading in terms of other types of birds.  It makes me wonder what causal agent (whatever that means) would selectively pick one or so types of birds, kill them all at once, and not affect other types.  Disease, as Aaron suggests, seems plausible in addressing why just one or so types of bird would have been affected.  But would they all die at once like that, vs over a span of time?  I'd expect Arkansas to still be having the occassional blackbird dropping out of the sky for a couple days afterwards if it was disease.

It almost seems more like a poisoning kind of a thing, or a selective sensitivity of blackbirds to something in the enviroment that other species are still tolerating.  Maybe the canary in the coal mine this time is a red-winged blackbird?

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Here's another, more recent article on this that hypothesizes what may have happened in Arkansas and other places (inclusing Sweden now).  It is "First blackbirds in Arkansas. Now jackdaws drop in Sweden. A common cause?" at  http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Europe/2011/0105/First-blackbirds-in-Arkansas.-Now-jackdaws-drop-in-Sweden.-A-common-cause .  Here's an excerpt:

Dennis Kraft, chairman of the Swedish Ornithological Society, says that the most likely explanation for the mass death is that the jackdaws, which sleep in flocks, were disturbed during the night by some noise, potentially firecrackers. They probably got confused and flew into objects and each other, he says.

The affected bird species in Arkansas and Louisiana – mostly blackbirds and starlings – also sleep in large groups.

Five of the dead jackdaws in Falköping have been given to the Swedish National Veterinary Institute for autopsies. Olov Andersson, head of communication at the institute, told the Swedish news agency TT that bacterial and virological tests would be performed. They will also be tested for bird flu.

Mr. Kraft stressed that while mass death among flocks of migrating birds is not uncommon, the recent events in Sweden and in the US are unusual.

"Migrating birds often come across bad weather, lose their sense of orientation, hit cable lines or run out of energy. What's strange about these cases is that the birds were not out flying, but were sleeping. Something must have happened to make them leave their resting place," he says.

The harsh winter in the west of Sweden, with freezing temperatures, heavy snowfall, and a lack of food for birds, could also have contributed to weakening the jackdaws' immune systems, making them more susceptible to stress, added Kraft.

According to the rescue services, fireworks were fired in the area Tuesday night, which could potentially have scared the birds. But a new theory emerged today after a professional truck driver claimed that he drove over a large flock of jackdaws in Falköping on Tuesday night.

ao's picture
ao

If the blunt force trauma finding is true, the birds would either have to fly into something or the ground or fall down to the ground.  The likelihood of birds out in open areas running into something is nil.  The likelihood of flying straight down into the ground is also slim to none.  If they hit the ground flying, they would hit it a glancing blow and most would survive.  There was no hail that night so that rules out hail.  There was also no lightening that night ruling out that cause.  Disease would cause them to die along a normal distribution and not suddenly all begin dropping out of the sky at once.  Fireworks could spook them but they would not simply all die from stress.  They might fly into something but again, that brings us to the argument above concerning what they would fly into.  That argument tends to rule out the fireworks.  What can't be ruled out is something that killed them in the air causing them to fall to the ground sustaining blunt force trauma.  But wat that is, is a certainly a mystery and also raises the question of why they'd be flying at night rather than roosting..

The fish kill could be coincidental but is certainly suspicious being in geographical proximity.  The other fish kills and other bird deaths are even more suspicious but could reflect hypervigilance and overreporting related to the bird and fish death issue.

My theory.  The birds and fish are all part of global suicide pact among animals letting humans know they've finally had it with us and wish to vacate their earthly existence.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M

ao,

Call me crazy, but cellular apoptosis is pre-programmed into each cell in the body...
If you apply a little "self-similarity" ala Mandelbrot, and use some biologically tainted interpolation, your theory isn't really all that unreasonable.
That said, I think that the populations affected were in no inordinate amount of danger - which sort of challenges this theory. It's not as if they were in some untenable struggle for survival, is it? I'm no avian expert.

It doesn't seem like the most likely thing, but this thing has been puzzling me all day.
I secretly check here every 10 minutes or so to see if anyone has replied =)

Even if this plays out to be an immense coincidence, it's still really challenging to understand.

Cheers,

Aaron 

Rojelio's picture
Rojelio

Don't forget the 40,000 crabs:

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/916503--40-000-crabs-join-slew...

and the thousands of dead fish in Florida:

http://www.wftv.com/news/26367953/detail.html

and bird deaths in Louisana, Kentucky, Texas and Sweden.

And maybe not so noticeable, but 40% of the phytoplankton in the oceans are gone. Freaky.

Is this coming right out of the Old Testament? What's up?

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Ok, here's some pure speculation I'll throw out there for consideration/discussion/assessment.  It may be a totally wrong idea, but it is intriguing (ok, and scary).  Could this have something to do woth all the corexit used on the Gulf of Mexico oil spill?  I've seen a few articles and comments on different sites speculating about that.

Here's  comment from Huffington Post article at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/social/ObjectiveRealist/birds-fall-from-sky-louisiana_n_804196_72817075.html:

ObjectiveRealist   14 hours ago (4:11 PM)
I'm no ornitholog­ist, but I do know about their behavior that birds (1) flock and (2) migrate as flocks. Louisiana to Arkansas is not the common-kno­wledge north-sout­h flocking of geese & ducks, but as far as I know, a flock of red-winged blackbirds could have migrated from LA to AR in this time. I wouldn't rule it out. I would very much like their necropsies to include tests for Corexit, as well as petroleum.

And here's an article speculating on the potential relationship, "Dead birds and BP oil spill: Is there a connection?", at http://www.examiner.com/political-spin-in-national/dead-birds-and-bp-oil-spill-is-there-a-connection .

I don't know this source, so I can't speak for how reliable and objective it is.  It sounds balanced to me, though.  Here's an excerpt:
While some may consider it an unfounded speculation, one must consider the long term effects of the massive about of chemicals used in the Gulf oil spill as a possible cause for the bird deaths. Enough time has elapsed since the April 20, 2010 disaster to allow the chemicals to work their way through the environment.
During the height of the oil spill disaster, nearly 2 million gallons of Corexit was poured into the Gulf of Mexico. Corexit goes through a molecular change when it comes into contact with warm water; it changes from a liquid to a gas and evaporates into clouds. Corexit is toxic at only 2.61 PPM.

“Corexit is one of the most environmentally enduring,toxic chemical dispersants ever created to battle an oil spill.” Furthermore, “A report prepared for President Medvedev by Russia’s Ministry of Natural Resources  warned that the BP oil spill would be the worst environmental catastrophe in all of human history, threatening the entire eastern half of the North American continent.

The Russian study warned of years of toxic oil rain, resulting in profound changes in the ecosystem.
Could nine months of toxic oil rain have somehow concentrated in these two areas, causing the death of the birds, and more than 100,000 fish in the same area at the same time? Could the birds have ingested contaminated prey?

Since no one has ever used such a massive amount of toxic chemical dispersant on an oil spill before, there is no data to use as a guide for long term environmental damage.

Chemically transformed Corexit may have nothing to do with the death of 5,500 birds, 381 miles apart, within 24 hour of each other. It may have nothing to do with the death of 100,000 fish in the Arkansas River. But then again, it might. The implications of a molecular invasion of Corexit in the Southeastern United States on a microbiological level are unimaginable, both ecologically and financially.

The question is, if there were scientific evidence to support widespread damage from the BP oil spill, and that it was the cause of thousands of fish and birds suddenly dropping dead, would anyone admit it?

Thoughts?

Doug's picture
Doug

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/wildlife-experts-probe-mass-death-blackb#

Quote:

"They died from massive trauma," said Game and Fish Commission spokesman Keith Stephens, citing a report from the state poultry lab where the birds were examined.

Residents heard loud fireworks just before the birds started hitting the ground.

"They started going crazy, flying into one another," Stephens said.

The area where the birds fell is too large to determine if any specific blast rousted the birds, Police Chief Wayne Ballew said.

"It was New Year's Eve night. Everybody and their brother was shooting fireworks," the chief said. The city allows fireworks only on New Year's Eve and Independence Day.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
pinecarr wrote:

Thoughts?

pinecarr -

I'm not trying to dismiss your concerns, but I really think you are jumping at shadows.  3000 blackbirds out of an estimated population of 100-200 million is not a large amount (unless you are one of the birds).  If this was related to the dispersant used in the Gulf, why just the birds in Beebe?  Why only 3000?  There are numerous articles out there that talk about large bird concentrations in the surrounding area that were unaffected.  I think far more redwings,  in a far wider geographic aea would have been affected if it was related to dispersant.

The Examiner article is laughable - every other word is "may" or "could" and it is woefully short on any objective, measurable and controlled data samples.  What it does have in spades is hyperbole. 

The vast majority of the articles coming out all talk about blunt force trauma - yeah, yeah, I know, we can't trust anything that's in the MSM (which would include the Huffington and Examiner articles).  Well, I suppose people can float speculative articles because they can always backpedal and say "I was only asking."  Let's let real science rule the day, and everything to date points to a relatively small flock of birds being startled and flying into trees, buildings, each other, Al Sharpton's hair and the ground.  Laughing

But it is a hot button topic and certain to generate hits on one's blog or website post.  Especially when connected with flights of fancy.

As to the fish kills......spot die up here in the Chesapeake Bay every winter.  For anyone to try and connect the Chesapeake Bay fish kill with the same cause of death of redwing blackbirds in Arkansas is a reach.

I'm pretty sure you can put this one to bed.  But I am pretty sure more articles like the ones you cited won't let you. 

Maybe you can PM joe2baba?  Cool  I think he's down in that neck of the woods.

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown

Why isn't more attention being given to the massive cold front that dipped well below the usual latitudes over those days? I happened to be in Louisiana between Dec 26 and Jan 2 and the mercury got to zero overnight two nights in a row. Now of course I am not from Louisiana, but even I kow that's not common.

Maybe birds suffering near-energy depletion who are then also scared out of their wits by fireworks tend to croak.

As for the fish, I have no idea, Cold be cold water currents as well. Also, mass fish die offs could happen every winter (as apparently it does in the Chesapeake according to Dogs) but we are only now hearing about them because the media, in their infinite wisdom, love piling stories on top of each other when they know they have a good one.

David.a.Isaksson's picture
David.a.Isaksson

In Sweden the same thing happened, a large amount of a raven like bird (but smaller) maybe what you in the US call the blackbird, I don't know, have died, most around new years eve. Any other country who have seen the same?

joemanc's picture
joemanc

I was walking from my office last night to the train right at the time it was getting dark outside and there were hundreds of blackbirds swirling in the air and through the trees. I've seen birds numerous times traveling in packs before but for some reason, it just didn't look or sound right. last night. Several people nearby made some remarks about something not sounding right about the birds. I know animals in the past have been known to "predict" earthquakes or tsunami's...maybe something's coming? Or maybe it's just nothing, which I hope it is.

Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater

I'm in SC - if it was fireworks we'd be up to our ankles in dead birds - because that's how they celebrate the new year hearabouts.

thomasjjason's picture
thomasjjason

National Post has a full list of where we are at with the mass animal kills. I've posted the account below.  The one with the snapper fish is creepy.  As far as theories, I think it is climate change.  In the next several years, the Arctic is supposed to be loosing a considerable amount of ice.  That has to be wreaking havoc on the ocean currents and weather jet streams.   I also wonder what climate change does to air pressure and temperature at the level these birds fly.  Blunt trauma seems like the biggest crock if I've heard one in a while.  So what happened proceeding years when fireworks went off in the Southeast?  Why only one species of birds?  How did the birds in Louisana and Kentucky die when there were no fireworks in the area?  Or how about the Jackdaws in Sweden?

From birds dropping out of the sky, to marine life floating to the surface, mysterious animal deaths are becoming a global phenomenon.

- Beebe, Ark. Dec. 31, 2010: Thousands of redwing blackbirds and at least one duck fall to Earth dead.

- Arkansas Jan. 3, 2011: 100,000 dead drum fish found along the banks of the Arkansas River.

- Point Coupee Parish, La. Jan. 4, 2011: 500 dead redwing blackbirds fall from the sky and are found scattered along a quarter-mile portion of highway.

- Chesapeake Bay, Md. Jan. 5, 2011: "Cold-water stress" kills an estimated 2-million fish.

- Sarnia, Ont. Jan. 4, 2011: Officials say hundreds of dead fish that washed up on shore in the north end of the St. Clair River were killed by temperature shock and such die-offs are not unusual.

- Rio De Janeiro, Brazil: 100 tons of Sardines, Croaker and Catfish have washed ashore dead since Dec. 30, 2010.

- Falkoeping, West Sweden, Jan. 5, 2011: 50 to 100 jackdaws, a type of crow, found dead in a snow-covered street.

- Kent, England Jan. 5, 2011: 40,000 velvet swimming crabs (also known as devil crabs) wash up on the Kent coast after dying from hypothermia in freezing sea.

- Coromandel Peninsula, New Zealand, Jan. 5, 2011: Hundreds of snapper fish, many of them missing eyes, wash up on local beaches.

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/world/Week+Dead+Animals/4068629/story.html#ixzz1AGftgg7g

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

I'm sorry I don't know how to attach the link to the site, but go to zerohedge.com and click on the tyler durden article posted today called "the birds".  He has a map that shows all of the areas with sudden animal deaths.  I'm with you Aaron, I keep checking back hoping someone can explain.  I agree that the numbers are small in comparison to the flocks/amount of fish etc. and yet it just feels wrong and ominous.

Doug's picture
Doug

Here's a pure speculation for you that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere yet.  The "New Madrid" earthquake zone is centered in Missouri near the Ark stateline and I heard recently that it has been more active lately, leading to speculation they could be in for a big one.  The New Madrid has caused some of the largest and most devastating earthquakes in US history, but most of us haven't heard of it because the last big one was in 1811 when the area was sparsely settled.  Tremors were felt all the way up in Buffalo, NY.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/states/arkansas/history.php

Quote:

This sequence of three very large earthquakes is usually referred to as the New Madrid earthquakes, after the Missouri town that was the largest settlement on the Mississippi River between St. Louis, Missouri and Natchez, Mississippi. On the basis of the large area of damage (600,000 square kilometers), the widespread area of perceptibility (5,000,000 square kilometers), and the complex physiographic changes that occurred, the New Madrid earthquakes of 1811-1812 rank as some of the largest in the United States since its settlement by Europeans. They were by far the largest east of the Rocky Mountains in the U.S. and Canada. The area of strong shaking associated with these shocks is two to three times as large as that of the 1964 Alaska earthquake and 10 times as large as that of the 1906 San Francisco earthquake. Because there were no seismographs in North America at that time, and very few people in the New Madrid region, the estimated magnitudes of this series of earthquakes vary considerably and depend on modern researchers' interpretations of journals, newspaper reports, and other accounts of the ground shaking and damage. The magnitudes of the three principal earthquakes of 1811-1812 described below are the preferred values taken from research involved with producing the 2008 USGS National Seismic Hazard Map (http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2008/1128/).

Given many animals' sensitivity to earthquakes, I wonder if there might be a tie in.  Just speculating.

Doug

gregroberts's picture
gregroberts

Come on guys, this all can be explained, just ask certain people here, humans are the cause.

Shasta County Fish & Game dumped game fish into Shasta Lake, somehow they didn't notice the temperture differential between the tank and the lake water so many of the fish died, seems a fairly obvious thing to check, but hey, they get paid regardless. human error. Fish are sensitive to slight changes in temperture so this might explain why fish are dropping (floating?) dead in places where unusual cold weather is taking place, don't forget this is because of ACC, humans again.

http://www.redding.com/news/2010/aug/02/i-really-want-to-emphasize-that-there-was-no-no/

During a t-storm about 5 years ago, hundreds of birds flew down our unscreened neighbors chimneys and many were injured and killed in the process, of course humans build chimneys and don't sceen them so who's to blame?

Marine mammals beach themselves,

"Mass strandings of dolphins, whales, and other marine mammals date back to the time of Aristotle :-O, but some environmental activists have suggested that human impacts of pollution, shipping noise and, in some cases, military sonar have led to a rise in such frequency and severity of such events."

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=why-do-whales-beach-themselves

Permian–Triassic (P–Tr) extinction event, informally known as the Great Dying,[1] was an extinction event that occurred 251.4 million years ago,[

I'm guessing that whatever species became extinct knew that humans were going to show up sooner or later so they decided to off themselves before having to be killed in some horrible manner by humans.

Maybe the dreaded Solar Maximum is to blame, if it wasn't for humans it really wouldn't matter much

http://thecosmicheart.blogspot.com/2007/10/unlike-earths-magnetic-field-which.html

Chill out folks, there's nothing you can do about any of it anyway, you only die once so enjoy it. Buy a mcmansion with no money down, max out all credit cards, eat fast food, try base jumping, unprotected sex, fight the IRS, and remember, you are to blame for everything!

kennyq's picture
kennyq

In movie "Ice Age", rats seems very capable  and last forever, right?  But recently many Chinese peasant farmers noticed in their regions that rats were dispearing, especially the bigger rats. It seems the rats are become extinct in many places in China. It was unheard of in human history.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments