Mass Delusion - American style

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Mass Delusion - American style

“Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.” – Charles Mackay

http://theburningplatform.com/blog/2010/08/14/mass-delusion-american-sty...

“Most ignorance is vincible ignorance. We don’t know because we don’t want to know.” - Aldous Huxley

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Mass Delusion - American style

Hey thanks investorzzo.

That was a good read.

ffshack165's picture
ffshack165

I second J.O.

Thanks investorzzo...I liked the inclusion of the Pink Floyd lyrics at the end of it as well.

Shack

ao's picture
ao

I third.  Good article.  The "buy stocks for the long run" delusion is dying a particularly hard death.

deggleton's picture
deggleton

Does anyone else question the diagnosis?  Delusional suggests that many people are paying enough attention to see what's obvious.  Of course, it also suggests there is something wrong with them, which is fun for the diagnoser, it seems.

I tend to think people are too distracted, by design of the TPTB, to be delusional.  I tend to think people less distracted can be leaders who begin by calling the more distracted folks away from the local edge.  Because of the mass part, which I do not question, opportunities are everywhere!

David

ao's picture
ao
deggleton wrote:

Does anyone else question the diagnosis?  Delusional suggests that many people are paying enough attention to see what's obvious.  Of course, it also suggests there is something wrong with them, which is fun for the diagnoser, it seems.

I tend to think people are too distracted, by design of the TPTB, to be delusional.  I tend to think people less distracted can be leaders who begin by calling the more distracted folks away from the local edge.  Because of the mass part, which I do not question, opportunities are everywhere!

David

It's not a diagnosis in this context, it's just a description.

As for the rest ... huh?

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

But mankind is first of all a herd animal and fears nothing more than not being part of the herd.”      from the above article .

I was talking to a lady in her 60 's about the economy collapsing  and she says to me " What are you so worried about really ?  We will all be going down together !"       

Most of the time it is safer in a  herd....  The weak ones are picked off if not in a herd .     But to be so herd bound and barn sour sometimes leads to captivity .   The wide path is Not a safe one . .. it leads to  destruction .

FM

ffshack165's picture
ffshack165

Okay how about this David? 

The delusional are distracted by their delusions.  The diagnoser has identified the delusions which distracted and therefore the diagnoser can more accurately predict the destruction of the delusionally distracted!

wha...?Undecided

Shack

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false."  -- William Casey, CIA Director (from first staff meeting, 1981)

The individual is handicapped by coming face to face with a Conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists. The American mind simply has not come to a realization of the evil which has been introduced into our midst.  -- J.Edgar Hoover

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments