Marc Faber interview on August 26th - "Are you joking? Faith in the U.S. Administration?!!"

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
rowmat's picture
rowmat
Marc Faber interview on August 26th - "Are you joking? Faith in the U.S. Administration?!!"

cat233's picture
cat233
Re: Marc Faber interview on August 26th - "Are you joking? ...

Thank you rowmat for posting this.

Cat

strabes's picture
strabes
Re: Marc Faber interview on August 26th - "Are you joking? ...

random factoid:  Faber has a place in Thailand.  I've thought about moving there...will benefit from the rise of Asia, no downward mobility, the dollar currently would go a LONG way to preparing for the depression, a lot of undeveloped areas with no heavy-handed law enforcement, climate for sustainable life.  But I don't have a family to take with me...don't want to go by myself.

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Australian ABC TV 'Lateline Business'

Although the above Faber interview took place on the ABC (Australian Broadcasting Commission) Lateline Business TV program, many U.S. citizens may find they get more real information from 'Lateline' about their own economic situation than from the MSM in the United States.

Granted while most stories concern local Australian issues, many do cover international events especially the ongoing GFC.

Reknown economist Stephen Keen is a regular on Lateline Business.

Incidently the ABC is a taxpayer funded non-commercial TV station, otherwise known as Australia's national broadcaster.

Being taxpayer funded has both positive and negative attributes.

On the positive side the ABC is more immune from the 'influences'of corporate adverstising revenue than its commercial counterparts

The downside is that sometimes when the ABC is too critical of the government, the government begins to make 'noises' about cutting the ABC's funding. 

But that usually results iin a public backlash against the government at election time. Wink

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments