Man, I'm glad that peak oil scare is over!

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
MarkM's picture
MarkM
Man, I'm glad that peak oil scare is over!

http://money.cnn.com/2009/12/03/news/economy/cheap_oil/index.htm

"The energy intensity of the U.S. economy has actually dropped by about 2% a year every year since the early 1980s. In the next couple of years Deutsche Bank expects it to decline by around 3% as people buy more fuel efficient cars and respond in other ways to the high prices of 2004-2008 and as government conservation measures kick in.

With economic growth expected to remain at a sluggish 2.5% or so over the next couple of years, that translates into an actual drop in U.S. oil consumption.

"US oil demand may have already peaked," the note said."

Tim_P's picture
Tim_P
Re: Man, I'm glad that peak oil scare is over!

Who would have thought that laying off so many people would save so much gas.  Maybe the current adminstration can somehow spin this as a 'Green' alternative to commuting and present high unemployment levels as low carbon levels.  Heck, they could even push the off shoring of tech work so our industries can operate by using another countries resources.  Let them burn their fuel and waste their energy.  It takes very little oil to stand in line at a soup kitchen.Smile

Tim

EndGamePlayer's picture
EndGamePlayer

Yeah - and I just saw a commercial on regular tv about how we have enough natural gas here in the US for 25 million homes and cars for 25 years . . . to most people that sounds like good news . . .but makes me wonder what the other 350 million will have.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix

"US oil demand may have already peaked," the note said."

Oh I see, so in good times demand can overtake supply?

Mike

Gungnir's picture
Gungnir
EndGamePlayer wrote:

Yeah - and I just saw a commercial on regular tv about how we have enough natural gas here in the US for 25 million homes and cars for 25 years . . . to most people that sounds like good news . . .but makes me wonder what the other 350 million will have.

Hey it's fine that's about 1 year 8 months for everyone, what's to worry about Wink

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

This old butt will not like riding a bicycle ..... Up hill both ways out of here.  

Oh Boy  Frown.   I had  better get that young pony trained for harness.  GEEE and HAW  , it does not like either  with out spurs .  

Can somebody put some good news on here for a change ? 

britinbe's picture
britinbe
Full Moon wrote:

Can somebody put some good news on here for a change ? 

If you mean from MSM or the blogsphere, I can't help.  However, on a personal note, my daugther has her tap dance class Christmas show this afternoon and I've got the afternoon off to go and watch.... she is very excited and looking forward to it Smile

These are difficult times my friend and happiness and good news often comes from sources close to home

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

So  happy to hear you get to call it a Christmas program .    We are all grateful to come through the blizzard  and we did not loose power ! It will be days before everyone is dug out  but  with all our storage we can stay in and bake  Christmas Cookies .   Fudge is next on the list . 

Sometimes it helps to do little things to keep our sanity .  15 inches of Winter wonderland  snow and some happy kiddos getting out the boogie boards .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments