Main Stream Messages

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
land2341's picture
land2341
Main Stream Messages

What newspaper or magazine article in the mainstream media called the truth most clearly to you so far?  There have been one or two that made my jaw drop that big names were saying the truth outright and no one was listening to them.

So give me your favorite!

Davos's picture
Davos
Re: Main Stream Messages

LINK

link

saxplayer00o1's picture
saxplayer00o1

Not from a newspaper or magazine:

Brian Williams on Wall Street's Free Fall

Davos's picture
Davos
saxplayer00o1 wrote:

Amazing, has to go on Letterman to pee his pants. Between that and Jon Stewart - comedy has become what CNBBS should be.

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

My son commented on the link poasted by Davos. "There is no corn, all the farmers have chopped the stunted earless stalks for haylage."

robie

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I guess    Our corn ought to bring a very good price then ?   Although I am not convinced supply and demand works here and  am suspicious that "somebody "  manipulates these things .      And what is wrong with Haulage ?    We do not eat corn . If people would figure out how to rotate their crops it would help some .

I have it figured that it  would cost us $ 1.30  per pound to raise beef  if we had to buy feed  and $.90  to raise pork .  But the place is paid for and we  sell half the hay  so  now it is just pennies ..... around  $.15 cents . Is this what you have figured Robie ?  I guess there are to many variables . But this is one great haying year  !   

I have not heard lately what the market is going for .

The Good news is it is a  VERY  good wheat  and oats year ! 

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

The grain is worth more than the haylage,esp. if the haylage is deaf(has no ears). We ensile all our oats and wheat,forage varietys. My beef costs are a bit more than yours,yes we grass finish, because of the equip. costs for ensiling and opportunity costs for land etc. Our OP corn has produced in the drought (sadly only 12 acres) whereas the GM RR corn (sadly 80 acres) was sold for 200$/ton as silage to a suffering dairyman.

robie (i expect 80-100bushell OP corn during a severe drought) the variety of OP corn is Wapsie Valley, and makes wonderful corn meal for human,swine,sheep,chicken etc.

V's picture
V

Full Moon and robie

I have no idea why this is on this thread but I suggest you check out Joel Salatin and Polyface Farm.

Two really good books by him are You Can Farm and Salad Bar Beef. He makes around $3k per acre at Polyface. He has been featured in the movies Fresh and Food Inc.

Other than that the MSM is a waste of time and quit years ago. BTW this includes NPR

V

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
saxplayer00o1 wrote:

LoL at the end when Letterman says "I gotta call a guy."

robie robinson's picture
robie robinson

V

I know Joel and have been reading acres usa books for many years.

Thanks, robie

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

V.    thanks for the farming advice . ... I think .       I watched the  Polyface videos   , he  now has his place  for everyone to see.    Not  enough OPSEC  for me .   But he did have some great practices .

Johnny   ,   LoL at the end when Letterman says "I gotta call a guy."      really cracked me up too .        Do you suppose he really listened ?   DR. CM  is getting more and more publicity ... Maybe Letterman lurks here even now.

FM .

land2341's picture
land2341
saxplayer00o1 wrote:

"But that happened back in May!  They figured it out and I am sure they fixed it.  Everything stabilized and the doomsayers are wrong again!"

I don't talk to the deaf,  but I am looking to fatten my mainstream has too been saying this portfolio.  I have some decent pieces from Newsweek,  but I am looking for more.   

Davos,  I have been hearing about totally fudged numbers from Dept of Agriculture since last fall,  where is the product coming from since we are not producing it here?  None of our corn based grocery products have been shooting up,  actually cereals have been dropping.

I remember seeing things in WSJ (surprise) that were pretty bald,  but I cannot find them now.  Any others?  TV shows are fine like the 20/20 piece on aspartame.....

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments