joe2baba
Madoff and the Foxes Guarding the Chicken House

chris cox moves to the head of the hit list

http://apnews.excite.com/article/20090204/D964VBQ80.html

GregSchleich's picture
GregSchleich
Re: True American Hero

Joe

Harry Markopolos in front of Congress today was one of the most amazing things I've seen in a long time. I guess I've become so conditioned to the meaninglessness of almost everything that comes out of the mouths of authorities and pundits on television, I found this quite stunning. Markopolos not only exposed Madoff's scheme to the light of day, but he exposed the government (SEC and other agencies), and much of the Wallstreet establishment. He just dropped bombshell after bombshell.

To paraphrase a few: It took him only "5 minutes" to figure it out - But there's no one at the senior or junior level at the SEC, even capable of understanding the math. - He repeatedly gave them everything they needed, as far back as 2000 - The SEC feared Madoff, and they avoid any big cases. - The SEC is busy protecting the big financial predators from investors, that's their M.O. - NASD and FINRA exist to assist industry in avoiding regulation - People on Wall Street didn't want to know. On Wall Street, there is a code of silence, and when you live in a glass house, you don't throw stones - He went to the Wall Street Journal, but senior management suppressed the story - etc, etc, etc...

Markopolos said he often feared for his life. And I don't blame him. I could not believe my ears. This was riveting stuff. Here's a little of what's up on Youtube so far

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4cDOX7ooW4 

Meanwhile, Madoff remains under ($7 million) penthouse arrest.

Greg 

tom.'s picture
tom.
Re: Madoff and the Foxes Guarding the Chicken House

Harry Markopolos wants to be left alone

NOT A 'HERO'

While Markopolos has drawn praise for spotting the massive fraud, according to media reports he is not so proud of his unsuccessful nine-year campaign with the SEC against Madoff.

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
the postman always rings twice

i just found out ---remember you heard it here first.

the postman who picked up the mail at the madoff penthouse prison

noticed something funny one day when he picked up the mail several envelopes had some heavy metallic objects in them. on closer examination he figured out that they contained rings and other jewelry. being a quasi government employee he recognized an opportunity when he saw one. all the mail ended up in his basement. this went on for two weeks. there is no accounting for how much of the madoff millions ended up in his basement but frankie the fence said it was the biggest haul he has ever dealt with ( he says he worked some of the gems stolen from the museum of natural history by murf the surf) he even hinted at some cash in the envelopes.

the postman is unavailable for comment uh.... he seems to have disappeared. he told his supervisor he needed some time off to visit some sick relatives. on questioning his neighbors it was found that he seemed to be in great spirits and was asking the immigrants from south america in his neighborhood about beaches and haciendas. the last thing anyone remembers him saying was " i hear the bush's bought a big spread in paraguay........must be a nice place"

tom.'s picture
tom.
What?

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: What?

that is hilarious tom i wish you lived here. we could always use a great artist ..............with a sense of humor

cat233's picture
cat233
Re: Madoff and the Foxes Guarding the Chicken House

tom...  that was great, hope we see more of your work!

joe... i am glad you are back!

cat

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments