Mack to Congress: Iran plans missile sites in Venezuela

1 post / 0 new
SteveW's picture
SteveW
Mack to Congress: Iran plans missile sites in Venezuela

http://www.news-press.com/article/20101210/SS15/101210018/1075/Mack-to-Congress--Iran-plans-missile-sites-in-Venezuela

Quote:

12:40 P.M. — WASHINGTON — In a letter to his colleagues late Thursday, U.S. Rep. Connie Mack, R-Fort Myers, the Ranking Republican of the House Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, renewed his calls for Venezuela to be designated as a state sponsor of terrorism after news reports surfaced that Iran is planning to place medium-range missiles on Venezuelan soil.

According to the Nov. 25 edition of the German daily, Die Welt, Venezuela has agreed to allow Iran to establish a military base manned by Iranian missile officers, soldiers of the Iranian Revolutionary Guard, and Venezuelan missile officers. The article states that the previously undisclosed contract provides for the establishment of a jointly-operated military base in Venezuela and the joint development of ground-to-ground missiles. If proven factual, this would be just the latest example of an increasingly dangerous partnership between Iran and Venezuela

Frankly I don't know what to make of this. It's all over the web today but the story is old as it derives from a single report in Die Welt in late November. As part of global realignment Venezuela, Iran, Russia and China are forging agreeements with each other but a bilateral Iran-Venezuela agreement to install a missile base in S. America just doesn't make any sense. That has to be so provocative to the US that I can't believe even Ahmadinejad is that stupid.

So I wonder whether this is some disinformation from a planted false source or false document being laid as groundwork for an invasion and takeover of Venezuelan oil. Where's Logan's Run these days anyway?

Login or Register to post comments