Looking for a community and partner

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
phoenix900's picture
phoenix900
Looking for a community and partner

New to this site, but have seen this coming a long time. Don't know how soon things will fall apart, but looking to live where can get food, water etc also looking for possible partner (male) to share. Right now I'm in So California, but near an agricultural area. Any suggestions where and how to connect with others?

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: Looking for a community and partner

Hi Phoenix!

Welcome!

I'd be more than happy to share info but anything more and my wife might be a tad upset.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Johnny Oxygen wrote:

I'd be more than happy to share info but anything more and my wife might be a tad upset.

JO - I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.  Surprised

Phoenix - I have to ask......is this a real post or did you forget to insert the Spam link?   Apologies if it's the former, but having been around the site for awhile I have to say that yours is one of the oddest first posts anyone has ever hung up.

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

I on the other hand, have  a few  sons( mid-twenties)  who I  need to get married off .      Young, suvivalist ,virgins are hard to find .  Maybe their crazy mother  frightens the  young ,city gals off  ? ??    They would kill me for setting them up  Wink.

But seriously , Honey , be careful what you put on here . OH and good luck !

FM

Ready's picture
Ready
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

having been around the site for awhile I have to say that yours is one of the oddest first posts anyone has ever hung up.

Concur on that... interesting.

Perhaps a little more description about what you are trying to get at here? As it sits, Bob Ueker would say... "Juuuust a bit outside."

Ken C's picture
Ken C

I think that we should give her (?) the benefit of the doubt and assume that it is a genuine request for assistance until it is clear to be otherwise.

Phoenix,

Welcome to the site. You will find much useful information here so please tell us more about your situation and I am sure that there will be much advice/assistance forthcoming.

All the best

Ken

mradford's picture
mradford

Phoenix900 raises a good point.

How do we hook up with like minded individuals in our respective geographic areas? I'm not talking about romance or anything. I'm more interested in setting up co-ops or something with other people looking to survive. I can't do this on my own.

How about giving some thought to setting up some sort of networking utility on this site where we could find out if other members live near us?

Just a thought

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
mradford wrote:

Phoenix900 raises a good point.

How do we hook up with like minded individuals in our respective geographic areas? I'm not talking about romance or anything. I'm more interested in setting up co-ops or something with other people looking to survive. I can't do this on my own.

How about giving some thought to setting up some sort of networking utility on this site where we could find out if other members live near us?

Just a thought

m -

This has been done before but it will be up to you to start a thread for your specific geographic area. 

We did this back in Jan-Feb last year for the Virginia/Maryland/North Carolina area in front of the Lowesville Seminar and got a great response.  We ended up with 12 other families close to us in SE Virginia area and many others reasonably close.

IIRC, there is a Pac Northwest group, a SOCAL group, a Midwest group and a Northeast group, but I'm not sure how concentrated, active or organized they are.

Give it a shot - unless you live in SE VA, then give me a shout via PM and we can go from there.

BTW, you can do this by yourself......it's just a lot more fun doing it with like-minded people.

Saffron's picture
Saffron
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

IIRC, there is a Pac Northwest group, a SOCAL group, a Midwest group and a Northeast group, but I'm not sure how concentrated, active or organized they are.

I did a search for the SOCAL group, but cannot locate it. Are the groups in a certain thread?

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Saffron -

No the groups weren't in a central location, they just kind of popped up as people started them.  I only have the info for the Virginia groups.

With all the turnover and new people it might be a good idea to contact CM.com administrators and see if there is any support for starting up a thread section by geographic region??

Ken C's picture
Ken C
Saffron wrote:
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

I did a search for the SOCAL group, but cannot locate it. Are the groups in a certain thread

Hi Saffron,

I am in SoCal too and I could not find any group. Where about in SoCal are you located?

I am just on the north part of LA in the foothills.

Ken

phoenix900's picture
phoenix900

Well, I am legit tho maybe odd :)  . Not a troll or spammer, scammer, etc.   Yes, maybe a location thread for meetup type things, but I am not tied to S Cal necessarily if there are better places to be. Tho there is agriculture here. What is IIRC?  Too bad I'm too old for your sons, dang. I guess maybe I'm more straight to the point than is usual (or wise) in society.  After I check out the site more, I'll expand my info.

I see the train coming, but can't stop it.

Saffron's picture
Saffron
kenc wrote:

Hi Saffron,

I am in SoCal too and I could not find any group. Where about in SoCal are you located?

I am just on the north part of LA in the foothills.

hi Ken,

I'm in the North County Inland part of San Diego.

I think I will take DogsInAPile's suggestion to ask the administrators about setting up a thread. 

And Phoenix ... I can understand your candor ... with the train coming at us full bore there doesn't seem to be time for the formalities of "getting to know you. "

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Well I am excited  For  you all, to be able to get together !     Phoenix   all things happen for a reason and people here will like that you are straight forward .

The train wreak  brought  up the vision of  last year when the train my husband was running was hit by a Tornado .   What A Huge  mess that was  !    Wine and cheese everywhere.

phoenix900's picture
phoenix900

sounds yummy actually.

ljhaines's picture
ljhaines

I live in New Orleans and Houston (travel back and forth with houses in both places). I would be interested in talking with "like minded" people that have preparations underway for a worse case scenario but hope it doesn't come to that. I saw social unrest in New Orleans after Katrina and imagine how bad it might get if any major disruption took out food or banking or transportation for any length of time. If anyone is willing to discuss preparation plans, mutual aid, etc. let me know.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments