Last post
Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin
Letters to the editor

For those of you that are interested.

aggrivated's picture
aggrivated
Re: Letters to the editor

I can think of no quicker way to destroy the dollar's value than to turn its managment over to politicians.  Spending is their  capital and political power under any system, monarchy to democratic.  At least right now there is some constraint with debt.  Political will is no constraint, debt is some constraint and gold is serious constraint.   An excellent book on the issue of money creation and how it affects the core values of a society in many hidden ways in the "Ethics of Money Production'.  This is a well researched historical look at money creation and a scholarly reflection on the ethical aspects of it.   http://mises.org/store/Ethics-of-Money-Production-P536.aspx

jturbo68's picture
jturbo68

Many want to end the fed, but it seems like congress would then need to be in charge of issuing money, were that to happen.  I have heard people say that the FED is unconstitutional and that the money creating powers belong to the congress per the constitution.

I dont expect congress is what the End the Fed people are wanting.  What are the alternatives?

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

jturbo68,

I wish I could answer your question here but I cannot.  Please email me directly at [email protected]

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments