Lets get it over with....

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jager06's picture
Jager06
Lets get it over with....

OK, so we got the good news out of the way, you know, The Hindenburg Omen, A bunch of Forward looking indicators I have never heard of (cause I am new probably) and this...

Click to View

So, now that we know where we are heaeded, lets get it on and get about the business of rebuilding. I am looking for a baker, cobbler, tanner, and dairy farmer to add to my community. No incentives other than guaranteed livable business within the next 12 months. Unless Gerald Celente and Marc Faber are right about war breaking out, and it happens here in Cali. Than all bets are off. But I will buy you a beer for your effort.

Please send resume with ability to relocate and pictures of your shoes,buns, hide and cows to this post. Response not guaranteed due to imminence of "Crash and Burn" economic flammability. No naked udders please.

Smile! We are all gonna be poor together!

Jager

V's picture
V
Re: Lets get it over with....

No need of carpenters?

V

ps What about my dogs and cats?

Jager06's picture
Jager06

Sorry, too many unemployed carpenters on the books already. Unless you can build a boat....(I listened to Dmitry Orlav too)...forgot the boat builders. Cats are good for varmint control....Just hard to herd em to the varmints.

What can the dogs hunt?

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Are you the butcher or the candlestick maker ?

FM

machinehead's picture
machinehead
Jager06 wrote:

OK, so we got the good news out of the way, you know, The Hindenburg Omen, A bunch of Forward looking indicators I have never heard of (cause I am new probably) and this..

Wow -- that CMI index not only leads GDP -- it leads the S&P too! 

Dude -- you just put 10,000 gov't statisticians out of work! Surprised

But thanks for the timely tip!

sammy's picture
sammy

I am not ready. Lets ride this thing out for another 2 weeks so I can get my back up well pump installed. Needless to say I have been losing sleep worring that this country is going to crumble before I get this done. Call me selfish but without water getting by is not a possibility in my area. This has been beat to death but if I were a betting man the feeling I get is this can't go on more than another 3 months. What do you all think?

Jager06's picture
Jager06

Full Moon-

I am the Community Organizer! Duh....Hope for Change or hang out here with some skills or the ability to learn!

Machine Head-

The Chart was picked at random from ReaLLYrandomchartsforthefutureoftheworld.com Glad I could help with that....but I did nothing to deserve any admiration.

Sam....get the pump. You recognize the Rule of 3's (3 minutes without Air, 3 DAYS WITHOUT WATER, 3 weeks without food) so act apropriately. I will continue to help out as much as I can, all kidding aside.

I also wanted to thank you Sam, here on CM for your generous contributions to the Teams here locally, and especially to Team 2 most recently. You have fulfilled a need we had, and done so admirably. I look forward to seeing you at the next Team (Community) meeting.

Jager

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Jager06 wrote:

Smile! We are all gonna be poor together!

Laughing

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

But I will buy you a beer for your effort.

Heck lets just brew it.

Any other brewers out there?

bklement's picture
bklement

You betcha the hops is just about ready.... and I make a little wine to boot.  I planted 12 vines of some University of Minnesota hybrids in the back 5 years ago.  Last year was the first year of wine (48 bottles).  The grapes should be ready for picking this weekend, it was a poor year with storms and bugs but I should end up with about the same.  In theory on a good year the 12 vines should yield about 100 bottles or so.  Although I think I may add another 8 vines (I've been hearing good things about Marquette, one of the newer varieties).

Romans12.2's picture
Romans12.2

bklement-  My grapes are half black and shrivled up, half perfect...what did i do wrong?

bklement's picture
bklement

Are the half that are shriveled up on the same bunches as good ones or are they on seperate ones?  Is there any damage to the leaves?  What part of the country are you located in?

Nate's picture
Nate

Decisions, decisions.

Do I plant grapes or barley and hops?

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

I make saki

You can get an 18% to 20% alchohol content. Next best thing to distilling.

sammy's picture
sammy

Thanks Jager,

I am so glad that they are going to such good people looking forward to a better future. The pump came in today and the well cap is getting installed tomorrow. The pump should be finished this weekend, a new thread and picts will be posted after it is done. Work hours are crazy but I will do my best to make the next meeting even if it means getting only a few hours of sleep. The one thing we can thank the fed for is they are buying us time. It feels like packing for a camping trip that will never end. What to bring?  Triage is the closest thing I can compare it to. Start with the big stuff (water, food) and work your way down (lamps, blankets, medical supplies ect..) and hope you have not forgot anything critical. My family and I am grateful to be a small part of the team!! Sammy

Jager06's picture
Jager06

Great Work! Once you have all this stuff, and have practiced using it, no one can take it from you. I don't know if that makes sense or not to you right now. You have purchased time, engineered self reliance....I dont know how else to put it. You have done the right thing, and that means you only have to do it once. "Dig your well before your thirsty" is what Nicole Foss says.

As for triage, excellent analogy. Especially since we are all so late to the game. No matter when you started prepping, you always feel like your too late, there isnt quite enough time. Just do whats right, follow your triage steps, or Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs....whatever you want to do to make it logical, consistent and progressive.

There will be another team forming early next month. More resilience, more community, better networking. I am looking forward to seeing everyone get caught up and ready to work together.

Jager

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments