Last post
Alex Szczech's picture
Alex Szczech
At least one sector of the economy is experiencing prosperity

http://www.thestarpress.com/article/20091211/NEWS06/91211003/1002/rss

Why am I not suprised?

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: At least one sector of the economy is experiencing ...

What I think we can surmise is that "shovel ready" means shoveling loads of cash to your cronies.

Nacci's picture
Nacci

I am a Mason and Carpenter by trade.  I have also worked my my States Correctional system for eighteen years.  The collective view of this site seems to be that Federal, State and Municipal workers are bleeding this country dry.  I won't disagree.  What I will say is that I have no problem taking advantage of that opportunity.  From the look of my current work demographics this point of view is being shared by many professionals.  When I first started this job we were exclusively blue collar with high school and trade school education.  Today, all new Correction officers have a minimum of two years of college.  Most have four years.  Last week I was speaking with a middle age professional woman with her MBA who was grateful for being an entry level prison guard .  Imagine spending so much time and money educating yourself to be grateful for working in a prison.  With so many professionals applying for this job there is no opportunity for those who traditionally worked it.  Where they are finding work I do not know.

Ed Archer's picture
Ed Archer

@Nacci They arn't finging it, although military recruitment is way up.

For proof look at this story about unemployment in detroit. Link

27% under the offical rate, which means closer to 45% in the real world

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments