Leaked CIA Report: "Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters" In Waging Endless Wars

24 posts / 0 new
Last post
DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv
Leaked CIA Report: "Public Apathy Enables Leaders To Ignore Voters" In Waging Endless Wars

A leaked CIA report says:    - link to complete Washington's Blog article

Public apathy enables leaders to ignore voters.

The report is discussing apathy among the French and German people to their countries' involvement in the war in Afghanistan, but the same is true to the apathy of Americans towards the Iraq and other wars as well.

Leaked CIA document

For a little background on the manipulation of public opinion, see:

Herding the Sheep

Financial insider and commentator Yves Smith wrote an essay last week entitled "MSM Reporting as Propaganda" arguing that the government has been using propaganda to make people think that things are getting better, no one is angry, and - therefore - no one should get upset:

• The message, quite overtly, is: if you are pissed, you are in a minority. The country has moved on. Things are getting better, get with the program...
  • Per the social psychology research, this “you are in a minority, you are wrong” message DOES dissuade a lot of people. It is remarkably poisonous. And it discourages people from taking concrete action.  - complete article link

5 Reasons that Corporate Media Coverage is Pro-War

2. Censorship by Higher-Ups...Dan Rather has slammed media consolidation:

Likening media consolidation to that of the banking industry, Rather claimed that “roughly 80 percent” of the media is controlled by no more than six, and possibly as few as four, corporations.

This image gives a sense of the decline in diversity in media ownership over the last couple of decades:

- complete article link

The sad part is that I think the polls cited in the CIA report are accurate...people don't care.  Or maybe, people accept that representative government no longer exists (replaced by rulers) and the best they can do is to hunker down or watch TV.  Are we too selfish to worry about morality or the going concern of humanity?    

I don't mean to be a wise guy, I'm really interested if anyone can tell me why over a million dead Iraqis just don't show up on our collective radar screen.  And, we may be on the verge of inciting WW3 via Iran, China or North Korea.  I just don't get it and am beginning to wonder if we are losing consciousness.

Larry

V's picture
V
Re: Leaked CIA Report: "Public Apathy Enables Leaders To ...

Larry 

THe Obots are drunk on koolaid and celebrating healthcare "reform" do not discount the number of people still hoodwinked by Obama.

Also do not discount the number of people who still believe if only their party was in control things would be better. It takes a long time for the critical mass to get that the old paradigm is over. You and I know it has been over for a hundred years but we are in a very minute minority. 50% of the population still think Saddam Hussein was responsible for 9/11.

Just look at the number of topics and threads on this site that are in the basement. THEY  are a hundred moves ahead of us on the chessboard and I think it is mate. 

The real question for most Americans is will Elin give Tiger back his 9 iron for the Masters.

BTW keep an eye on Tennesee in the tourney any team that could be valued participants on the definitive firearms thread is a team  to be watched.

V

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Larry,

I'm with V on this one.  I sent out Damon's video/lesson to my whole rolodex of email participants and while many wrote back saying they loved it and continued to send it around, quite a few sent the message the V just spoke about.  In other words...."If we could get Obama out of the WH" or "This is what happens when Dem's get power".  I even sent out a note that said something like:  "This is NOT a L vs R issue/problem!  That Paradigm has been pushed on us by the Banking Elite to keep us focused on issues that in the overall scheme of things, means nothing!".

And I still got those types of messages!

I think V is right.  If we were playing chess it would be 1 move to "Check Mate" and the only way for us to win is to upend the board and start over.  What that "upending of the board" means, is still to be determined.  

John99's picture
John99

ao's picture
ao

Some excellent comments here.  I've spent a good percentage of my time in the last few years trying to alert family, friends, colleagues, business associates, and acquaintances to what is happening.  Some get it, most don't.  The degree of ignorance of the American public, in general, is stunning.  Their minds are anesthetized by the MSM and the Madison Avenue saturated, Edward Bernays manipulated culture.  They rarely read anything longer than a page or two but if they hear it on the radio, see it on TV, or read it on the Internet, it must be true.  They haven't picked up and read a sizeable book of substance in years.  They have lost the ability to think, question, research, use deductive reasoning, and blend logical thought processes with intuitive insights.  They are more concerned with illusion than reality, appearances than substance, happiness than enlightenment, and self rather than what is right.  They are blown hither and thither by the winds of change with no foundation to their beliefs and values and character.  

Indeed, far too often, they are not simply ignorant but downright stupid.  Then there are the Pollyanna's, the Dale Carnegie apologists,  who blame the problem on negative thinking.  If only we would be positive, things would get better they say.  Others don't want to talk about it ... it gets them too depressed they say.  Others are apathetic.  There's nothing I can do about it anyway they say.  Others are arrogant.  I have everything that I need, the hell with those other people they say.  Then there are those that recognize that change is needed and they can personally have a part in effecting that change but they're stuck on the party system.  We just need to get rid of Bush or Obama or ... they say.

The number who actually have a handle on what is going on is small but fortunately, it is growing and my sense is that the growth is accelerating.  We have to persist in educating others and encouraging them to action and keep the momentum going.

Unfortunately, when I look at the situation and I look at historical parallels, I have a hard time envisioning anything but a very messy (to say the least) and increasingly chaotic future.  Like no other time that I've seen in history has the Biblical adage of "Wrong will be right, and right will be wrong" been more true.  Right now, the pressure cooker is hitting boiling but the lid is still on.  The longer the deception and the repression continues, however, the bigger will be the explosion when it lets loose.  What THEY're trying to do now is let the steam out slowly but pretty soon the water will be all gone and serious, if not irreparable damage will occur to the pot.  Whether we go out with a bang or with a whimper, it won't be pretty either way. 

We are the dupes in a con game of epic proportions.  We know the game is rigged and the table needs to be upended and the sharpers put away.  The problem is how to do it swiftly, decisively, justly, wisely, and legally without totally destabilizing society.    

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
ao wrote:

Some excellent comments here.  I've spent a good percentage of my time in the last few years trying to alert family, friends, colleagues, business associates, and acquaintances to what is happening.  Some get it, most don't.  The degree of ignorance of the American public, in general, is stunning.  Their minds are anesthetized by the MSM and the Madison Avenue saturated, Edward Bernays manipulated culture.  They rarely read anything longer than a page or two but if they hear it on the radio, see it on TV, or read it on the Internet, it must be true.  They haven't picked up and read a sizeable book of substance in years.  They have lost the ability to think, question, research, use deductive reasoning, and blend logical thought processes with intuitive insights.  They are more concerned with illusion than reality, appearances than substance, happiness than enlightenment, and self rather than what is right.  They are blown hither and thither by the winds of change with no foundation to their beliefs and values and character.  

Indeed, far too often, they are not simply ignorant but downright stupid.  Then there are the Pollyanna's, the Dale Carnegie apologists,  who blame the problem on negative thinking.  If only we would be positive, things would get better they say.  Others don't want to talk about it ... it gets them too depressed they say.  Others are apathetic.  There's nothing I can do about it anyway they say.  Others are arrogant.  I have everything that I need, the hell with those other people they say.  Then there are those that recognize that change is needed and they can personally have a part in effecting that change but they're stuck on the party system.  We just need to get rid of Bush or Obama or ... they say.

The number who actually have a handle on what is going on is small but fortunately, it is growing and my sense is that the growth is accelerating.  We have to persist in educating others and encouraging them to action and keep the momentum going.

Unfortunately, when I look at the situation and I look at historical parallels, I have a hard time envisioning anything but a very messy (to say the least) and increasingly chaotic future.  Like no other time that I've seen in history has the Biblical adage of "Wrong will be right, and right will be wrong" been more true.  Right now, the pressure cooker is hitting boiling but the lid is still on.  The longer the deception and the repression continues, however, the bigger will be the explosion when it lets loose.  What THEY're trying to do now is let the steam out slowly but pretty soon the water will be all gone and serious, if not irreparable damage will occur to the pot.  Whether we go out with a bang or with a whimper, it won't be pretty either way. 

We are the dupes in a con game of epic proportions.  We know the game is rigged and the table needs to be upended and the sharpers put away.  The problem is how to do it swiftly, decisively, justly, wisely, and legally without totally destabilizing society.    

ao,

Every word you've written here is everything I believe true, with not a word out of place or a paragraph mislaid. I am so very sorry I came down on you so hard on an earlier thread. I fear I'm becoming jaded and bitter living in such times in the world where there is so much apathy and ignorance; even at this very forum I dedicate so much of my time to. I am proud of what you've written and hope my apology is deserving enough ...

In appreciation,

Paul

ao's picture
ao

Paul,

Accepted, forgiven, done and over with and on to new matters. 

Tall's picture
Tall

LogansRun,

What is the Damon video you refer to?

John99's picture
John99

A step in the right direction?

"For the first time ever, Canadians are spending more time surfing the web than they are watching television, a new poll shows.

Canadians are now spending more than 18 hours each week online, and 16.9 hours watching television, the Ipsos Reid study shows. That's up from last year, when we were spending 14.9 hours on the Internet and 15.8 hours watching TV.

Article: http://www.ottawasun.com/news/canada/2010/03/22/13314206-qmi.html

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD

Thank God for the internet blogs. I wonder how much more time we have to freely gain access to information. Watching MSM makes me sick sick sick. All MSM does is parrots government propoganda. If Labor dept says "X is up", media says "X is up". When is the last time any MSM outlet EVER did a critique on the birth death model for unemployment? When will the media ever talk about CPI being cooked? How about GDP adjustments? As long as CNN is owned by Time Warner and FOX by News Corp, NBC by GE/COM, it will never happen.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
ao wrote:

Now you all know why I'm here................nice to hear from my brothers and sisters...........let these words go out far and wide............Amen

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

ao - thanks for the incredible post..every word you wrote squarely hits the mark.  You made my day, I feel liberated in a way I can't describe.

VanityFox - In another thread you brought up the classic Fahrenheit 451, sad to say but it appears the "firemen" are no longer needed as people have turned away from books.  Books clearly explain how we got here politically, socially and spiritually.  There is an excellent free resource on the internet for older historical books - http://yamaguchy.netfirms.com/

I was blown away when I read Mary E. Hobart's "A Scientific Exposure of the Errors in Our Monetary System."  In it, she offers "A reward of $500 will be given to the first person who demonstrates this formula to be mathematically false."

The formula is for the exponential growth of debt...and she published it in 1891!  

investorzzo - Agreed! 

Larry

plato1965's picture
plato1965

Loved this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4lLzSJhEPA

DaytonMegan's picture
DaytonMegan

Thanks for posting this DrK.  And ao, I appreciate your comments.

Unfortunately, there is nothing really new in this CIA report.  The ruling elite have know this since David Hume discussed, 300 or so years ago, how to get the "consent of the governed".  How do you get the masses to accept policies and law that favor the wealthy few over the majority.  Public policy most often does not reflect the will of the people but the whims of the powerful. In a dictatorship, the government can use violence to control the masses.  In a "democracy", they must turn to PR.

The idea that the wealthy few, who supposedly are wiser than the rest of us, should govern goes back to the birth of the US. James Madison said that the main function of government is "to protect the minority of the opulent against the majority."

Edward Bernays, who served on Woodrow Wilson's Committee on Public Information, wrote, ". . .the conscious and intelligent manipulation of the organized habits and opinions of the masses is an important element in democratic society."

The Trilateral Commission's (founded in 1973) first study of the "crisis of democracy" was really a study on how to curb the "excesses of democracy" and promote "moderation in democracy" similar to when Truman was "able to govern the country with the cooperation of a relatively small number of Wall Street lawyers and bankers. . ."

These things are also very cyclical.  When inequality and suffering among the ignorant masses grows enough, the sheeple revolt.  We've seen that throughout our history and the world.  How did we get the 8-hour work day, safety regulations, minimum wage laws, etc.?  What about the civil rights movement?  Or women's suffrage? (And in all those victories of the masses, the government did resort to violence when other tactics failed) Though Obama is a disappointment to many, the run up to his election is still cause for optimism.  Large numbers of the apathetic public started paying attention and even participating.  It's scaring the pants off the Republicans (and Dems too) -- why else would they go after ACORN so savagely, for example. 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Larry,

Firstly, thankyou for the thoughtful links, I'm just reading Niall Ferguson's 'Empire - How Britain Made The Modern World', plus a series of other referenceables and "halfway-through-must-finish". More is never enough!!! 

These are some of the thoughts that have been free flowing in my mind over the last couple of weeks of writing at cm.com that I wanted to share with you ...

'Fahrenheit 451' is a metaphor; a levelled finger pointing at the present, or of the future. An accusation that merrits fiction over fact through the promotive substance of war media and the disinformation that is spread as trusted information like wild fire across the United States, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

As a callous example to disinformation, there are, in the United States at this time, a large proportion of the population that fear the substance of this book as the work of the devil: -

On Origin Of The Species - by Charles Darwin

http://embryology.med.unsw.edu.au/pdf/Origin_of_Species.pdf

Four generations since the Scopes trial of 1925 who are brainwashed by an obsure and damning apraisal of the book by organisations in America that pay no tax to support the dilusion's they create whatsover.

Should we give praise to William Jennings Bryan for the force fed delusion, or the perpetuation of it by the present Republican elected creationist Don McLeroy that, from Texas, has been a central figure in organising much of the reading material in 48 of the 50 states of all US public school's for the next 10 years; an education violation upon 4.7 million American children?

Are the spoutings of the actor Peter Finch in the film 'Network' from 1976 that was used as a clip in a certain set of film's going viral around the world true, when he said that "less than 3% of Americans read books" and "less than 15% of Americans read newspapers". Could we really be "in a lot of trouble!!"

For me, I think the move away from books is a truth, yes. The medium today that replaces them as propoganda now sits in the corner of every American livingroom. It is the alter by which there is no defense from when simply acting on the benine task of switching the damn thing on.

David Frost once said of television, "... it is a medium by which you invite people into your homes that you don't even like", and has become part of the culture; become a tool of manipulation that is hidden in plain sight.

Now to the internet and the bloggosphere - how much longer before the information within it is piled so high with opposing disinformation that we don't have a clear view of which direction is up. Does it feel almost that it has already begun?

Ask yourselves, all of you now, do you know your neighbour 5 doors down? 10 doors down? What happened to conversation with a stranger within just one generation; does he fear you, and do you him?

Why are we communicating with each other in virtual communities and not local communities? I'm writing from 5000 miles away from the nearest shore of the United States. DamnTheMatrix nearer 8000?

Our communities have been stulified, seperated, typecast through rich and poor and black and white; through racial tension, religious tension and political tension to decimate the glue that could hold community together. Media has smashed millions of people into seperate smaller groups that are hopelessly outnumbered and unable to effect change without agreement.

Just look at what they make you do ...

~ VF ~

Set's picture
Set
plato1965 wrote:

Loved this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4lLzSJhEPA

It was really refreshing to watch the Robert Steele video.  For those who might not know, He is the number one non-fiction book reviewer on Amazon and just retired from the CIA last month.  His “Public Intelligence Blog” - http://www.phibetaiota.net/ even has a link to the Crash Course under the “Righteous Sites” section.  It’s people like this man that give me hope and I appreciate Plato posting the video.  Check out his site if you get a chance.  This man is a true leader and given his background, I believe he’s a man of integrity, which is a rare commodity in the world today.  

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Plato,

I don't know why in hell I missed this man from my Radar. Thankyou for posting him!!!

~ VF ~

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
ao wrote:

Paul,

Accepted, forgiven, done and over with and on to new matters. 

The thing is......  most posters here are thinking people, who will always take the data/info available and interpret it one way or another.  We are all different, and so the interpretations and conclusions will be different.  So we will not always agree, and if we did, this whole site would get very boring vey fast!

I too have crossed swords with ao many times, but he is bang on the mo0ney this time, 100%!

Mike

V's picture
V

Paul

You didn't. He just showed up now,

V

JAG's picture
JAG

Add me to the list... that was a great chain of thought.....thanks ao.

PS: what does ao stand for and/or is the fact it is in lower case significant?

SteveW's picture
SteveW
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

I just don't get it and am beginning to wonder if we are losing consciousness.

Larry,

I'm not sure if it was you I responded to by pointing out that the Western world population learned a lesson after the 2002/2003 protests against the Iraq war. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Protests_against_the_Iraq_War

The lesson was protest is of no effect and the people don't matter. Nevertheless the level of apathy is, as you point out, surprising. I guess the propaganda is just working really well these days.

LogansRun wrote:

Larry

I think V is right.  If we were playing chess it would be 1 move to "Check Mate" and the only way for us to win is to upend the board and start over.  What that "upending of the board" means, is still to be determined.  

Upending the board could be sovereign currency. The problem is implementation, perhaps piecemeal using States rights as Ellen Brown keeps pushing.

ao's picture
ao
JAG wrote:

Add me to the list... that was a great chain of thought.....thanks ao.

PS: what does ao stand for and/or is the fact it is in lower case significant?

Thanks to all for the positive feedback.  I appreciate it.

Jeff,

Alpha Omega ... to remind me who's really in control and in lower case in imitation of old e.e. to remind me that I'm small potatoes (and also to dispense with the need to hit caps key). ;-)

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Tall,

Renaissance 2.0

http://www.youtube.com/user/councilonsper#p/a/u/1/l37RhdFGVsM

It's an excellent watch!

Tall wrote:

LogansRun,

What is the Damon video you refer to?

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

plato1965 wrote:

Loved this...

6:24 -  "The bottom line here is that central banking is an evil cancer.  These people are selling us credit they don't have so they can take profits that they don't deserve out of our pockets.  That's nuts!

The United States Government is constitutionally chartered to print money on the good faith and credit of all of us and NOT pay interest.  Why are we being such fools?

Well unfortunately if you fight them you get assassinated.  Lincoln and Kennedy were both about to print money and not borrow from the banks.  I can't connect those two dots but I can tell you they are side by side."

7:50 - "There is no lack of solution and there is no lack of money."

9:30 - "I am absolutely certain that central banks are an evil.  Central banks are screwing us all, Orwell had it right, we are pigs being harvested for profits."

Larry

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments