LDS Preparation Manual

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
LDS Preparation Manual

Hi All-

I was checking out survivalcache.com (a good prep website itself!), and they had a link to a LDS (Church of Latter Day Saints) Preparadeness Manual that can be downloaded.  See  http://survivalcache.com/book-review-lds-preparedness-manual/.  The manual covers the gamut of prep topics! 

As survivalcache says when posting the link to this manual, they do not promote any religious views, but at the same time, they don't care where good information comes from, either, if it is good quality info that can help their readers prepare.  This looks like it potentially has a LOT of valuable info.  If nothing else, they have a well organized "master checklist" that goes from pages 159-171!

Per survivalcache.com:

Overview

The LDS Preparedness Manual is a monster at 222 pages of information and they cover a lot of topics.  This is not a Wilderness Survival Guide and I would never keep this in my Bug Out Bag (way too big), this is more of a preparedness bible of sorts and it is geared more towards “Bugging In” and being ready for anything.  However, there is a small section on setting up a bug out bag which they called the “Deluxe 96 Hour Kit”.  They give you two pages of ideas for your kit and they cover about everything you would need to survive for 96 hours or longer.  The rest of this manual provides an excellent overview on food storage, emergency cooking, basic food lists, money, clothing, emergency shelter, water purification, emergency toilets, terrorism, money, quarantining for epidemics,  fuel storage, (NBC) Nuclear Biological Chemical attacks, and much much more.

Pro’s

The first big pro is that this manual is free and it is awesome.  At 222 pages, this manual is information overload.  That is why I printed it off, put it in a binder and just read small sections at a time.  I love the many checklists through out the manual, for example you could just take pages 124 to 127 with you to the grocery store and use it as a guide/checklist for all of the food that you would need to be prepared (except for the MREs listed on those pages as well).

Con’s

There are about 10 to 12 pages of religious text in this manual.  Did it bother me?  No.  It might bother some people but the bottom line is that this is free from LDS church members and beggars can’t be choosers.

Hat-tip to survivalcache.com for such a good find!

aarondenal's picture
aarondenal
Re: LDS Preparation Manual

pinecarr,

Thanks so much for this, and also for survivalcache.com

Always appreciate new resources.

PetraViolet's picture
PetraViolet

Wow - that book is full of great ideas! Thank you for sharing the link!

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

You're welcomed aarondenal and PetraViolet;  I felt the same way when I saw the manual on the survivalcache.com website!

And PetraViolet, back atcha!  That "When There Is No Doctor" series of downloads you pointed us to is fantastic!! 

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile

Great find pinecarr!!  Tons of great info in both the manual and on the survivalcache.com site.

Many thanks!

I added the direct link for the manual to the Consolidated List of Links to Existing Preparations Threads

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/consolidated-list-links-existing-preparation-threads/27912?page=0#comments

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Great find pinecarr!!  Tons of great info in both the manual and on the survivalcache.com site.

Many thanks!

I added the direct link for the manual to the Consolidated List of Links to Existing Preparations Threads

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/consolidated-list-links-existing-preparation-threads/27912?page=0#comments 

Cool; thanks DIAP!  

P.S.  DIAP, PetraViolet's recent link at http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/free-downloads-where-there-no-doctor-book-series/52733. also has an excellent link to a number of valuable downloadable books:  It is all very practical info, e.g., on what to do when there is no doctor, no dentist, when you need a midwife, how to maintain community health, etc.  Maybe another rich resource worth including in your consolidated preparedness thread?

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
pinecarr wrote:

Cool; thanks DIAP!  

P.S.  DIAP, PetraViolet's recent link at http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/free-downloads-where-there-no-doctor-book-series/52733. also has an excellent link to a number of valuable downloadable books:  It is all very practical info, e.g., on what to do when there is no doctor, no dentist, when you need a midwife, how to maintain community health, etc.  Maybe another rich resource worth including in your consolidated preparedness thread?

Point of order pinecarr -

It's not my consolidated preparedness thread.....it's OUR consolidated preparedness thread!!  Laughing

Feel free to add PetraViolet's link Cool

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
DIAP wrote:
pinecarr wrote:

Cool; thanks DIAP!  

Point of order pinecarr -

It's not my consolidated preparedness thread.....it's OUR consolidated preparedness thread!!  Laughing

Feel free to add PetraViolet's link Cool

Well said!  Thanks DIAP; will do!

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

Many thanks!

Second that!  

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments