Septimus's picture
Septimus
Kerosene Fueled Equipment

I would like to know others' thoughts on the use of kerosene equipment for
emergency purposes.

Here are some starter questions:

1. I have heard kerosene can be stored safely for 10+ years. I would like to
know more about this and also what are the best types of containers (keeping
economy in mind) for long term storage of kerosene and where to buy them.

2. Kerosene fueled stoves, ovens, heaters, lamps, etc. What are qualities to
look for and where can wicks and mantles be bought that last a long time?

3. What are others' experiences actually using kerosene stoves, lamps, ovens
and other equipment?

All I know about kerosene is the occasional use of kerosene space
heaters and lamps by my Grandmother back in the 1960s and early 1970s.

Thanks!

- Bruce

stpaulmercantile's picture
stpaulmercantile
Re: Kerosene Fueled Equipment

Bruce, there is an excellent website that discusses kerosene stoves, heaters, lanterns, fuel storage, etc.  It is written by Miles Stair, a survivalist who has been living with these products for decades.  Here is the link:

http://www.endtimesreport.com/kerosene.html

I sell a full line of kerosene heaters, and I also have a Family Emergency Kit (pictured below) that puts many products together and incorporates a discount of about 30%, so it's a great way to to get started on a survival plan.  Some would argue that kerosene, being a fuel, is subject to peak oil, which it is.  But kerosene won't just disappear in 6 months - it will get more expensive over time, like other fuels.  And yes, it can be stored for many years.  Here is the kit:

10% of any sales on my website, to people who are referred from Chris's site, go back to Chris to help support this website.  You will notice that my links include Ref=ChrisM, so my website tracks sales that come from Chris.

http://www.stpaulmercantile.com/index.php?action=store&page=FamilyPreparedness&Ref=ChrisM

If you have any specific questions, feel free to email me at [email protected]

I've also added a kit of high-quality Kosmos solid brass oil lamps for home lighting.  Here is the kit:

This kit is valued at $297.75, but I sell it as a kit for $237.75.  For people on tighter budgets, you can just buy oil lamps for $10 at Walmart.  These Kosmos lamps have been made in France since 1869 and will last a lifetime.  And I include a dozen extra wicks and an extra glass chimney so you'll get many years use out of these.

http://www.stpaulmercantile.com/index.php?action=store&item=KosmosKit&ref=ChrisM

Septimus's picture
Septimus
Re: Kerosene Fueled Equipment

Thanks St Paul Mercantile!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments