JPM under investigation of the silver market?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
JPM under investigation of the silver market?

Department of Justice looks into possible manipulation of Silver markets.

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/5/1_Te...

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/5/1_Ji...

John99's picture
John99
Re: JPM under investigation of the silver market?

So now we have the Department of Justice on top of the CFTC. Fingers are crossed it will be a real investigation.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

And Eric King just had to stretch the basic message "DOJ has acknowledged intent to investigate JPM Silver Manipulation allegations" into 10 minutes of ridiculous sensationalism, leaving Ted Butler no time to even report this week's COT figures.

The more I realize how many conspiracy-obsessed nutcases are in the market, the more I question my own analysis of the fundamentals.

Erik

docmims's picture
docmims

Read Strabes Godfather article.  I doubt the govt wil take down JPM and Goldman Sachs.  Just one or the other.  My vote is with GS, since that is where the propaganda war is.  JPM price fixing will be pushed under the rug with a manageable fine.

mliu_01's picture
mliu_01

ET, you just lost all crediblity.  

King said nothing besides ask questions. So what Butler said does not shock you?  Butler called it is a crime of two decades. He surely believe there is something going on. Are you going to call him "conspiracy-obsessed nutcases". If so why you even care about his weekly COT figures.

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Erik T. wrote:

And Eric King just had to stretch the basic message "DOJ has acknowledged intent to investigate JPM Silver Manipulation allegations" into 10 minutes of ridiculous sensationalism, leaving Ted Butler no time to even report this week's COT figures.

The more I realize how many conspiracy-obsessed nutcases are in the market, the more I question my own analysis of the fundamentals.

Erik

I'm weary of King too. But he still has some great interviews Erik. Fleckenstein is pretty good this week. Last interview with Robert Prechter was a charm. He does allow opposing views, I will give him that. 

Yeah, he wouldn't let Butler talk about anything but the JPMC issue. I'm skeptical that anything will be done about that. 

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Looks like we got some action here!

http://www.gata.org/files/NYPost-MorganProbe-05-09-2010.jpg

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Erik T. wrote:

Erik

Erik. All white collar crimes are conspiracy theories unless there is a white collar crime of passion that I am not aware of. Wink

I saw the King thing here but waited for confirmation buy some other entity. Then saw the NY Post article, through ZH, forgot about this thread and double threaded this topic. Mods, you can merge if you want to please. 

Everyone. Please note that this is a criminal probe, and not a formal charge. 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments