Is Jon Stewart a closet tea partier?

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
docmims's picture
docmims
Is Jon Stewart a closet tea partier?

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-may-13-2010/hoarders

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-may-10-2010/a-nightmare-on-wall-street

If I didn't know better, i might think Jon is coming around to the tea party view.

SteveS's picture
SteveS
Re: Is Jon Stewart a closet tea partier?

Those were great clips - I had thought about posting them as well.

Question though - what the heck is the Tea Party point of view?

I keep hearing they are made up of people from all parties and backgrounds, yet when I see news on their rallies, the speakers alwasy seem to be pretty devisive conservatives, like Palin.

It seems they are very upset about taxes. Ok. But I don't see them very upset with Wall Street.

docmims's picture
docmims

I think the base of the tea party is as upset with the banks and federal reserve in particular as it is with the goverment.  I think it started as an economic. small government movement, but it is being coopted by social conservatives trying to pull them to republican candidates.  But that is what wall street does.  It splits us on social issues while they are robbing us blind.

goes211's picture
goes211
docmims wrote:

I think the base of the tea party is as upset with the banks and federal reserve in particular as it is with the goverment.  I think it started as an economic. small government movement, but it is being coopted by social conservatives trying to pull them to republican candidates.  But that is what wall street does.  It splits us on social issues while they are robbing us blind.

+1

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments