John Stewart Nails It.

13 posts / 0 new
Last post
castlewp's picture
castlewp
John Stewart Nails It.

John Stewart absolutely made my day with this.  Please watch!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220252&title=cnbc-...

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Re: John Stewart Nails It.

Anything that skewers those arrogant, pollyanna-ish, infinite growth jackasses at CNBC is a pure delight to me. Did I mention that I don't like CNBC.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

castlewp,

Great post - really made me laugh - so true, so true! Laughing

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
castlewp wrote:

John Stewart absolutely made my day with this.  Please watch!

http://www.thedailyshow.com/video/index.jhtml?videoId=220252&title=cnbc-...

Wow... John Stewart is f'n awesome!!! 

grl's picture
grl

Thank you Castlewp - that was hilarious and I really needed a laugh tonight!

GregSchleich's picture
GregSchleich
Re: Jon Stewart Nails CNBC

I don't see how anyone could do a routine like this any better than Jon Stewart, but I bet there are a lot of people on this site, including me, who wouldn't mind taking a shot at it! This was beautiful - well deserved. Thanks, Castlewp

Pandabonium's picture
Pandabonium

Thank you castlewp, that was great.  Unfortunately, I don't see John Stewart as I killed my TV many years ago.  The up side to that is that I also don't see all the mind numbing garbage that CNBC and the rest of corporate media puts out. ;^)

Davos's picture
Davos

Hello Pandabonium:

Glad to know I am not alone!

Stewart did a great piece, MaineCoonCat together we could do some damage to a blood pressure guage if we were forced to watch Cramer!

Take care 

caroline_culbert
Pandabonium wrote:

as I killed my TV many years ago. 

u r my new hero Laughing

caroline_culbert
Pandabonium wrote:

Thank you castlewp, that was great.  Unfortunately, I don't see John Stewart as I killed my TV many years ago.  The up side to that is that I also don't see all the mind numbing garbage that CNBC and the rest of corporate media puts out. ;^)

the tv in book 1984 may be diff in some ways but it does the same job, i.e, it still controls the masses

switters's picture
switters

According to Bloomberg, bailout funds have now reached $11.3 trillion.  90% of that is going directly to "rescue" the financial industry.  0.37% (less than one percent) is going towards revamping our energy infrastructure.

In short, this is the largest transfer of wealth (from the bottom 99% of the population to the top 1%) in the history of the world.

And it's being done right under our noses in the name of "saving the little guy".  Virtually none of the bailout money is going to do have any beneficial effect for the average person.  Instead, it is going directly to investment banks.

Politicians are telling us insurance companies like AIG need to be bailed out because of all the individual policyholders that would suffer if they failed.  However, it was revealed last week that AIG is a counterparty to investment banks like Goldman Sachs, and that the majority of the bailout funds that go to AIG are actually going to banks like that all over the world.  Bailing out AIG is nothing more than bailing out the financial industry.

We're being lied to.  Openly.  The media is either complicit or hopelessly negligent.  I'm not sure which is worse.

One journalist gets it, though.  Is it Thomas Friedman?  Fareed Zakaria? 

No.  It's Jon Stewart, of course.

Unfortunately the majority of the population won't see this and they'll go on believing that these bailouts are "necessary".

caroline_culbert
Chris Kresser wrote:

According to Bloomberg, bailout funds have now reached $11.3 trillion.  90% of that is going directly to "rescue" the financial industry.  0.37% (less than one percent) is going towards revamping our energy infrastructure.

In short, this is the largest transfer of wealth (from the bottom 99% of the population to the top 1%) in the history of the world.

And it's being done right under our noses in the name of "saving the little guy".  Virtually none of the bailout money is going to do have any beneficial effect for the average person.  Instead, it is going directly to investment banks.

Politicians are telling us insurance companies like AIG need to be bailed out because of all the individual policyholders that would suffer if they failed.  However, it was revealed last week that AIG is a counterparty to investment banks like Goldman Sachs, and that the majority of the bailout funds that go to AIG are actually going to banks like that all over the world.  Bailing out AIG is nothing more than bailing out the financial industry.

We're being lied to.  Openly.  The media is either complicit or hopelessly negligent.  I'm not sure which is worse.

One journalist gets it, though.  Is it Thomas Friedman?  Fareed Zakaria? 

No.  It's Jon Stewart, of course.

Unfortunately the majority of the population won't see this and they'll go on believing that these bailouts are "necessary".

i am so indecisive and scared b/c i've diagreed with the previous administration so much and now, i don't see extreme measures, but a sense of levelheadedness...but still have my reserves...

i dont want to paint the entire picture one color, you know?

i'm scared

britinbe's picture
britinbe

Loved it!!  Cool

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments