Jim Rickards - Economics and National Security.

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
plato1965's picture
plato1965
Jim Rickards - Economics and National Security.

Came across this interesting recent lecture by Jim Rickards at John Hopkins Univ.. his thoughts on how the economic endgame will play out.

Amazed at how similar his views are to my own.

Quite interesting to see the reactions / awareness of the audience too.

http://outerdnn.outer.jhuapl.edu/rethinking/VideoArchives.aspx#rickards

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: Jim Rickards - Economics and National Security.

I'm always impressed by Mr. Rickards and this was no exception. A long presentation (1:54:00) but well worth the time, very illuminative.

Thanks Plato, a great dig.

SailAway's picture
SailAway

Thanks Plato for the post, I really liked Mr Rickards presentation, very impressive guy.

nickbert's picture
nickbert

If anyone has an interest in Mideast and Asian geopolitical issues, the Dr. Kemp lecture (right below the links for Jim Rickards) was pretty interesting too.

- Nickbert

spacetuna's picture
spacetuna

I thought that the audience were current military but from the looks of the people shown at the end of the video they must be former military LOL.   I found this on another forum and posted this a couple of places myself, I learned a thing or two which after reading doom and gloom for years is rare. 

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

Hi Plato-

I've been meaning to thank you for posting this link.  I finally had the time to watch it a few days ago, and it was worth the watch.  I have heard Rickards speak on a couple of podcasts before, but it was interesting to actually get to watch him speak.  It was also a treat to listen to someone as intelligent as he is, who is open to the ideas we discuss here, and who has digested and assimilated so much of the same information we are interested in, speak so fluently about it from his place of understanding.  Thanks! 

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Its so nice to hear a lucid rational understanding of what is going on.

Thanks for the post.

rhare's picture
rhare

Wow!  I finally got to watch this today - yes too many things going on.. Laughing

It was really interesting hearing how the US may play the nuclear option and just go back on a gold standard.  Guess we may find out if we really still have the gold.......  I also really liked his explanation of what Bernanke should have done.

Thanks for posting this video.

Travlin's picture
Travlin

He impresses me more on audio as he speaks more quickly and confidently.  He is a regular on King World News which also has other good guests, but Rickards is the most impressive to me.

Scroll down to the icon to listen to Rickards.  http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2010/12/22_...

List of recent guests.  http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/King_World_News.html

Travlin

dude08's picture
dude08
This was extremely

This was extremely interesting and informative. Required watching. Newfound respect for Jim Rickards.

Anne101's picture
Anne101
Thanks for the post.  Great

Thanks for the post.  Great article. 

plato1965's picture
plato1965
Rickards and Grant.

Brief but interesting interview on Bloomberg, with Jim Rickards and James Grant.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWyNAwDjs8o

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments