Israel Attacks Iranian Nuclear Reactor(?)

36 posts / 0 new
Last post
FAlley's picture
FAlley
Israel Attacks Iranian Nuclear Reactor(?)

From Nov. 30,

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/world/a-second-iranian-nuclear-facility-has-exploded-as-diplomatic-tensions-rise-between-the-west-and-tehran/story-e6frg6so-1226209996774

Satellite imagery seen by The Times confirmed that a blast that rocked the city of Isfahan on Monday struck the uranium enrichment facility there, despite denials by Tehran.

The images clearly showed billowing smoke and destruction, negating Iranian claims yesterday that no such explosion had taken place. Israeli intelligence officials told The Times that there was "no doubt" that the blast struck the nuclear facilities at Isfahan and that it was "no accident".

A report from an Austrailan journalist 2 hours ago, quoted in ZeroHedge (I can't find more on it at the moment),

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/australian-reports-second-explosion-iranian-city-isfahan

While this story has not been caught by any of the major wires, The Australian's Jerusalem correspondent Sheera Frankel reports something quite disturbing: "All eyes on Israel after second Iranian blast. CLOUDS of smoke billowed above the city of Isfahan - evidence that the latest strike against Iran's alleged nuclear weapons program had hit its target." We will report more if this story is confirmed by any other news agencies because if true it means that at this point things behind the scenes are no longer happening in the shadows.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
No doubt Israel & US are trying desperately to provoke Iran

Assasinating nuclear scientists, mysterious explosions at nuclear development related sites, harsh sanctions on Iran, wild terrorist accusations and false flag terror, threats against their oil import and export business, etc...

Netanyahu wants to attack Iran. The Obama administration and the hawkish war-mongering neocons (false conservatives) want war and regime change, the military industrial complex is all for it of course, the globalist elites have planned and pushed for a long time and all the seeds are currently beng planted.

War all over the Middle East and North Africa is inevitable. The big problem comes when these escalations and regime changes create glaring and imminent strategic threats to Russia and China. Provokes these two and that puts the US, UK and much of Western Europe squarely in conflict and in the cross-hairs of two emerging or remerging super powers who have been quietly arming themselves, stealing advanced weapons technologies, supporting enemies of the West and preparing themselves for larger scale military conflict now for years.

Nothing is by accident or surprise here. Many of the these plans and storylines have been in the works and building up for years and simply waiting for the right time, crisis or excuse to present itself.

No doubt the US is heading for much more war over the next decade and if some of these parties have their way we are looking at WW III as a not only probable but likely outcome within the next decade or two at most.

I wish people would listen to Ron Paul's message more and see all the other the war-mongering corrupt US politicians for what they really are.  Puppets of a global elite with some truly evil intentions and nefarious agendas. 

JG

RON PAUL 2012 

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: No doubt Israel & US are trying desperately to provoke Iran

For the past year I have wondered what would be the trigger for the US/Israel to attack Iran.

Now I think there really won't be any trigger they will just do it.

We are at a point where the US simply uses its military whenever and where ever it wants. Since there is no push back either from the US population or other western countries then there is no reason to have a reason.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Very true Johnny...

They are simply getting away with mass murder on epic proportions and stealing more money than you can shake a stick at. Nobody does anything about it but whine and complain.

TPTB are arrogant and it's justified. They are getting away with whatever they want with no recourse but maybe some limited bad press. Pathetic!

The US is in full war-mongering and regime change mode and people do not have a clue. They won't even bother to do anything significant until gas is at $150-200/gallon, their civil rights are even more stripped, basic food & energy becomes 35-40%+ of the average middle-class household's income expenses, the stock market crashes by 40-60%+ in real value and massive inflation robs them of their purchasing power and seriously decreases their standard of living/quality of life.

Right now the economy is only seriously affecting the worst off 20% of the population. Once it starts affecting the middle 40-60%+ including infringing upon the "upper middle class yuppies" then we'll really start to hear some yelps.

It's only the beginning. The real pain has not set in yet.

Stay alert and keep frosty my friend. We're in for one wild ride over the next several years and extending through at least the balance of this decade.

JG

No_Fiat's picture
No_Fiat
I have not seen or heard

I have not seen or heard anything on the news about the attack on Iran. Where did this information come from.

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Source

No_Fiat, please check the 2 links in my first post for yourself. ZeroHedge, an alternative information site, posted a link to an Austrailan reporter posting a report that there had been an explosion outside the Iranian city where Iran has it's nuclear reactor. I've seen nothing more on mainstream sources either. But the evidence that something has happened is evident in sattelite photos from Google Earth; it can be clearly seen that the nuclear facility has experienced destruction (link: http://www.zerohedge.com/news/australian-reports-second-explosion-iranian-city-isfahan). This was a first explosion, dated November 22.
Iran explains this as an accident, which cannot be disporven. However, the event I have tried to drawn attention to was a second reported explosion, but I have seen nothing more on it save the initial report that caused me to create this thread. I'm not remotely an expert- I was hoping someone else on this forum might know more. So far, seen nuthin.

No telling.

My personal opinion interjected: I would greatly prefer that another war not be started. A shadow war, however, may very well be going on anyway.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
An explosion was reported at an Iranian Nuclear facility...

This was likely under-reported in US mainstream media but just google it. I think infowars.com has something on it.  

Iran tried to deny it at first and then blamed it on some accident but it seems clear it was not. Israel and US intelligence, special ops and covert agents and spies have been are conducting a covert war against Iran's regime for quite some time and are now trying to provoke it to a broader war. They Moosad agents, it is said, have killed several of Iran's nuclear scientists, bombed or set off explosions at some of their nulcear facilities and engaged in all sorts of covert activities against Iran.

The US is just waiting for or looking to create an excuse for reasonable justification for a larger scale operation there leading to regime change.

This is pretty much SOP with US special/black ops in the region.

Again, it's pretty reasonable to expect much more war escalation in the Middle East and North Africa over the next several years. It's been planned for and lobbied on behalf of for quite some time.

Everyone except much of the dumb and ignorant US public knows this. Any gov't official denying it is simply corrupt and lying about it.

PEACE and RON PAUL 2012

JG

jumblies's picture
jumblies
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Iran Military Shoots Down US Drone, Threatens Response

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/iran-military-shoots-down-us-drone

A senior Iranian military official says Iran's Army has shot down a remote-controlled reconnaissance drone operated by the US military in the eastern part of the country.

The informed source said on Sunday that Iran Army's electronic warfare unit successfully targeted the American-built RQ-170 Sentinel stealth aircraft after it crossed into Iranian airspace over the border with neighboring Afghanistan.

He added that the US reconnaissance drone has been seized with minimum damage.

The RQ-170 is a stealth unmanned aircraft designed and developed by Lockheed Martin Company.

The US military and the CIA use the drone to launch missile strikes in Afghanistan and in Pakistan's northwestern tribal region.

The unnamed Iranian military official further added that “due to the clear border violation, the operational and electronic measures taken by the Islamic Republic of Iran's Armed Forces against invading aircraft will not remain limited to the Iran's borders.

The report comes as the United States has beefed up its military presence in and around the Persian Gulf region in recent months in the wake of popular uprising in Bahrain.

The US Department of Defense says Washington is closely monitoring the developments in Bahrain, which is the headquarters of the US Navy's Fifth Fleet and holds some 4,200 US service members.

Reuters and AP confirm.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Iran not taking bait yet, doing so would be suicide...

No surprise there. Imagine if Iran was doing any of the things highlighted in this string to the US. We'd declare war on them ASAP. Yet the Iranians do not bite. They obviously do not want war because that would be suicide. Their fate is the same as what has happened to Iraq and Libya if they pigeon-hole themselves and allow the US to obtain UN or support for anything beyond covert operations.

Iran's only plays are Russian and Chinese support and/or becoming nuclear armed. Outside of that, the West will eventually attack them and conduct a regime change.

Makes you think, though, if the last thing Iran wants is open war with an armed to the hilt nuclear and US-backed Israel and a dominant military power like the US then why are the US politicians so rabid about declaring war on Iran?

Like always, there's much more there than meets the eye.

PROSPERITY & GROWTH TAKES PLACE DURING TIMES OF PEACE. WAR ONLY DESTROYS AND THEY ARE FEW WINNERS! Typically only the corrupt and politically connected power elite and the military industrial complex stand to gain. Everyone else loses either through sacrifice during difficult economic times or directly by making the ultimate sacrifice by dying or getting injured fighting wars simply promoted to serve the nefarious agendas of a few. They are very few justifiable wars.

I'd like to see Obama and his administration, the Pentagon general staff and their cronies be so anxious to fight these wars if they had to directly suit up and/or send their chlildren and loved ones to the front line infantry battlegrounds. Lets see if they would be so ardent in their fervor for war if that were the case. 

That would really make them rethink how worthwhile these wars are. Heck, just make them give up part of their personal  income and wealth to finance these operations and that in itself would make them reconsider the value of those decisions.

It's very easy to go to war when other people are fighting it for you, it's not your kids dying in it, the tax payers and foreign creditors (borrowed money) are paying for it and you're directly becoming ridiculously wealthy as a function of it. What a scam! Always has been, always will be

PEACE & RON PAUL 2012

JG

plato1965's picture
plato1965
humour... the best defence.

and of course..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WlBiLNN1NhQ

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
suicide?
JuanGalt wrote:

No surprise there. Imagine if Iran was doing any of the things highlighted in this string to the US. We'd declare war on them ASAP. Yet the Iranians do not bite. They obviously do not want war because that would be suicide.

Make no mistake......  Iran is NOT a walk in the park like Iraq or Afghanistan.  The US would pay very very dearly, by losing the entire fifth fleet parked in the Persian Gulf just for starters.  Iran has 200 Russian supersonic cruise missiles purposely designed to sink aircraft carriers (but just as useful on any other kind of warship) that fly 6 feet above the sea.  They are unstoppable, even the US Navy has admitted this.  Then of course if they take out the Saudi oil fields....

Mike

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Of course they would inflict some damage but...

ultimately and by a large margin Iran would get wiped rather quickly. It's the consequent long drawn-out occupation and constant guerilla battle wagering by rebels and terrorist activities against an occupation force that would prove much more costly and burdensome over the long haul.

Iran's only chance is getting substantial, including direct, Russian and/or Chinese military support. That's where the real danger exists.

The US public are being dupped again. The real threats are the military of Russia and the imminent economic and ultimately military power of China.

At the moment, the Chinese are playing this game MUCH better than the Americans. In 5-10 years they'll be quite a challeneg militarily if ths pace keeps up.

JG

FAlley's picture
FAlley
Iran Moves Forces to War Alert

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/iran-moves-forces-war-alert

ZeroHedge:

Whether it is just posturing or this time Iran feels it has little to lose, following a spate of mysterious explosions and a downed US attack drone (for those who can put 2 and 2 together), it seems that the oil-rich country is increasingly seeing war as the probable endspiel. YNet reports that Iran is "moving missiles to secret sites, Western officials tell British paper; earlier, Tehran residents reported to stockpile goods, fearing imminent strike. The commander of Iran’s elite Revolutionary Guards has ordered his forces to raise their operational readiness ahead of a possible war or strike on the country’s nuclear facilities, the Telegraph reported late Monday." The move is for now precautionary: "The British newspaper quoted Western intelligence sources as saying that Iran is repositioning ballistic missiles, explosives and troops into defensive positions, in order to offer a quick response in the case of an attack by Israel or the United States." And while all this is happening, Iran is busy shipping of the downed US drone to the highest regional bidder (with substantial reverse engineering skills).

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
China and Iran

I thought China had already said it would defend Iran even if it started WWlll.  I may be mistaken, but it seems I read that recently.  Honestly, I think the Israelis should take out Iran's nuclear facilities. 

Doug's picture
Doug
Damnthematrix
Damnthematrix wrote:
JuanGalt wrote:

No surprise there. Imagine if Iran was doing any of the things highlighted in this string to the US. We'd declare war on them ASAP. Yet the Iranians do not bite. They obviously do not want war because that would be suicide.

Make no mistake......  Iran is NOT a walk in the park like Iraq or Afghanistan.  The US would pay very very dearly, by losing the entire fifth fleet parked in the Persian Gulf just for starters.  Iran has 200 Russian supersonic cruise missiles purposely designed to sink aircraft carriers (but just as useful on any other kind of warship) that fly 6 feet above the sea.  They are unstoppable, even the US Navy has admitted this.  Then of course if they take out the Saudi oil fields....

Mike

I wouldn't bet on the 5th fleet being wiped out.  The Navy these days has many layered highly sophisticated defenses against incoming threats of all kinds.  The public probably isn't aware of how potent these defenses are because we haven't had to use them yet.  There hasn't been a meaningful attack on an American fleet since WWII.  Of course, the highly technological defenses may not work as well as they hope, but I wouldn't bet against them.  Beside, even if you assume the worst, the 5th fleet will be able to launch many weapons on the aggressor and there are four other fleets including 11 carrier strike groups, at least one in the Indian Ocean, that can respond quickly and can leave the strategic targets in Iran smoldering ruins.

Let us all hope it doesn't come to that because at minimum oil supplies worldwide would be disrupted, plunging us all into depression.

Doug

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
The Sunburn - Iran's Awesome Nuclear Anti-Ship Missile

The Sunburn - Iran's Awesome
Nuclear Anti-Ship Missile

The Weapon That Could
Defeat The US In The Gulf

A word to the reader: The following paper is so shocking that, after preparing the initial draft, I didn't want to believe it myself, and resolved to disprove it with more research. However, I only succeeded in turning up more evidence in support of my thesis. And I repeated this cycle of discovery and denial several more times before finally deciding to go with the article. I believe that a serious writer must follow the trail of evidence, no matter where it leads, and report back. So here is my story. Don't be surprised if it causes you to squirm. Its purpose is not to make predictions history makes fools of those who claim to know the future but simply to describe the peril that awaits us in the Persian Gulf. By awakening to the extent of that danger, perhaps we can still find a way to save our nation and the world from disaster. If we are very lucky, we might even create an alternative future that holds some promise of resolving the monumental conflicts of our time. --MG The Sunburn can deliver a 200-kiloton nuclear payload, or: a 750-pound conventional warhead, within a range of 100 miles, more than twice the range of the Exocet. The Sunburn combines a Mach 2.1 speed (two times the speed of sound) with a flight pattern that hugs the deck and includes "violent end maneuvers" to elude enemy defenses. The missile was specifically designed to defeat the US Aegis radar defense system. Should a US Navy Phalanx point defense somehow manage to detect an incoming Sunburn missile, the system has only seconds to calculate a fire solution not enough time to take out the intruding missile. The US Phalanx defense employs a six-barreled gun that fires 3,000 depleted-uranium rounds a minute, but the gun must have precise coordinates to destroy an intruder "just in time."   The Sunburn's combined supersonic speed and payload size produce tremendous kinetic energy on impact, with devastating consequences for ship and crew. A single one of these missiles can sink a large warship, yet costs considerably less than a fighter jet. Although the Navy has been phasing out the older Phalanx defense system, its replacement, known as the Rolling Action Missile (RAM) has never been tested against the weapon it seems destined to one day face in combat. Implications For US Forces in the Gulf   The US Navy's only plausible defense against a robust weapon like the Sunburn missile is to detect the enemy's approach well ahead of time, whether destroyers, subs, or fighter-bombers, and defeat them before they can get in range and launch their deadly cargo. For this purpose US AWACs radar planes assigned to each naval battle group are kept aloft on a rotating schedule. The planes "see" everything within two hundred miles of the fleet, and are complemented with intelligence from orbiting satellites.   But US naval commanders operating in the Persian Gulf face serious challenges that are unique to the littoral, i.e., coastal, environment. A glance at a map shows why: The Gulf is nothing but a large lake, with one narrow outlet, and most of its northern shore, i.e., Iran, consists of mountainous terrain that affords a commanding tactical advantage over ships operating in Gulf waters. The rugged northern shore makes for easy concealment of coastal defenses, such as mobile missile launchers, and also makes their detection problematic. Although it was not widely reported, the US actually lost the battle of the Scuds in the first Gulf War termed "the great Scud hunt" and for similar reasons.   Saddam Hussein's mobile Scud launchers proved so difficult to detect and destroy over and over again the Iraqis fooled allied reconnaissance with decoys that during the course of Desert Storm the US was unable to confirm even a single kill. This proved such an embarrassment to the Pentagon, afterwards, that the unpleasant stats were buried in official reports. But the blunt fact is that the US failed to stop the Scud attacks. The launches continued until the last few days of the conflict. Luckily, the Scud's inaccuracy made it an almost useless weapon. At one point General Norman Schwarzkopf quipped dismissively to the press that his soldiers had a greater chance of being struck by lightning in Georgia than by a Scud in Kuwait.   But that was then, and it would be a grave error to allow the Scud's ineffectiveness to blur the facts concerning this other missile. The Sunburn's amazing accuracy was demonstrated not long ago in a live test staged at sea by the Chinese and observed by US spy planes. Not only did the Sunburn missile destroy the dummy target ship, it scored a perfect bull's eye, hitting the crosshairs of a large "X" mounted on the ship's bridge. The only word that does it justice, awesome, has become a cliché, hackneyed from hyperbolic excess.   The US Navy has never faced anything in combat as formidable as the Sunburn missile. But this will surely change if the US and Israel decide to wage a so-called preventive war against Iran to destroy its nuclear infrastructure. Storm clouds have been darkening over the Gulf for many months. In recent years Israel upgraded its air force with a new fleet of long-range F-15 fighter-bombers, and even more recently took delivery of 5,000 bunker-buster bombs from the US weapons that many observers think are intended for use against Iran. <MORE>

Doug's picture
Doug
Sunburn

That's sobering.  Well, I guess the US will do what it has done since WW1, rely on overwhelming fire power. 

Doug

ao's picture
ao
Doug wrote: That's
Doug wrote:

That's sobering.  Well, I guess the US will do what it has done since WW1, rely on overwhelming fire power. 

Doug

Including weaponry such as this:

It's very capable of being adapted to replace and far surpass the Phalanx system.

ao's picture
ao
Damnthematrix
Damnthematrix wrote:

The Sunburn - Iran's Awesome
Nuclear Anti-Ship Missile

The Weapon That Could
Defeat The US In The Gulf

A word to the reader: The following paper is so shocking that, after preparing the initial draft, I didn't want to believe it myself, and resolved to disprove it with more research. However, I only succeeded in turning up more evidence in support of my thesis. And I repeated this cycle of discovery and denial several more times before finally deciding to go with the article. I believe that a serious writer must follow the trail of evidence, no matter where it leads, and report back. So here is my story. Don't be surprised if it causes you to squirm. Its purpose is not to make predictions history makes fools of those who claim to know the future but simply to describe the peril that awaits us in the Persian Gulf. By awakening to the extent of that danger, perhaps we can still find a way to save our nation and the world from disaster. If we are very lucky, we might even create an alternative future that holds some promise of resolving the monumental conflicts of our time. --MG The Sunburn can deliver a 200-kiloton nuclear payload, or: a 750-pound conventional warhead, within a range of 100 miles, more than twice the range of the Exocet. The Sunburn combines a Mach 2.1 speed (two times the speed of sound) with a flight pattern that hugs the deck and includes "violent end maneuvers" to elude enemy defenses. The missile was specifically designed to defeat the US Aegis radar defense system. Should a US Navy Phalanx point defense somehow manage to detect an incoming Sunburn missile, the system has only seconds to calculate a fire solution not enough time to take out the intruding missile. The US Phalanx defense employs a six-barreled gun that fires 3,000 depleted-uranium rounds a minute, but the gun must have precise coordinates to destroy an intruder "just in time."   The Sunburn's combined supersonic speed and payload size produce tremendous kinetic energy on impact, with devastating consequences for ship and crew. A single one of these missiles can sink a large warship, yet costs considerably less than a fighter jet. Although the Navy has been phasing out the older Phalanx defense system, its replacement, known as the Rolling Action Missile (RAM) has never been tested against the weapon it seems destined to one day face in combat. Implications For US Forces in the Gulf   The US Navy's only plausible defense against a robust weapon like the Sunburn missile is to detect the enemy's approach well ahead of time, whether destroyers, subs, or fighter-bombers, and defeat them before they can get in range and launch their deadly cargo. For this purpose US AWACs radar planes assigned to each naval battle group are kept aloft on a rotating schedule. The planes "see" everything within two hundred miles of the fleet, and are complemented with intelligence from orbiting satellites.   But US naval commanders operating in the Persian Gulf face serious challenges that are unique to the littoral, i.e., coastal, environment. A glance at a map shows why: The Gulf is nothing but a large lake, with one narrow outlet, and most of its northern shore, i.e., Iran, consists of mountainous terrain that affords a commanding tactical advantage over ships operating in Gulf waters. The rugged northern shore makes for easy concealment of coastal defenses, such as mobile missile launchers, and also makes their detection problematic. Although it was not widely reported, the US actually lost the battle of the Scuds in the first Gulf War termed "the great Scud hunt" and for similar reasons.   Saddam Hussein's mobile Scud launchers proved so difficult to detect and destroy over and over again the Iraqis fooled allied reconnaissance with decoys that during the course of Desert Storm the US was unable to confirm even a single kill. This proved such an embarrassment to the Pentagon, afterwards, that the unpleasant stats were buried in official reports. But the blunt fact is that the US failed to stop the Scud attacks. The launches continued until the last few days of the conflict. Luckily, the Scud's inaccuracy made it an almost useless weapon. At one point General Norman Schwarzkopf quipped dismissively to the press that his soldiers had a greater chance of being struck by lightning in Georgia than by a Scud in Kuwait.   But that was then, and it would be a grave error to allow the Scud's ineffectiveness to blur the facts concerning this other missile. The Sunburn's amazing accuracy was demonstrated not long ago in a live test staged at sea by the Chinese and observed by US spy planes. Not only did the Sunburn missile destroy the dummy target ship, it scored a perfect bull's eye, hitting the crosshairs of a large "X" mounted on the ship's bridge. The only word that does it justice, awesome, has become a cliché, hackneyed from hyperbolic excess.   The US Navy has never faced anything in combat as formidable as the Sunburn missile. But this will surely change if the US and Israel decide to wage a so-called preventive war against Iran to destroy its nuclear infrastructure. Storm clouds have been darkening over the Gulf for many months. In recent years Israel upgraded its air force with a new fleet of long-range F-15 fighter-bombers, and even more recently took delivery of 5,000 bunker-buster bombs from the US weapons that many observers think are intended for use against Iran. <MORE>

Think Maine, Lusitania, etc.  I can see a ship or even several ships being sacrificed to create overwhelming public support for all out retaliation.  About a decade ago, there was talk of targeting every major Islamic population center in that area with nuclear weapons in a modern twist on MAD.  I don't see the response as being restrained if a carrier were taken out.

docmims's picture
docmims
I can see a US vs Iranian

I think AO's observation on the Lusitania and the Maine are spot on.

I can see a US vs Iranian strike coming.  The only question is whether it is before or after US elections.  I personally think it will be during the election campaign to whip up support for the wartime president, TOTUS.  One only has to witness all the vitriol against Iran on both conservative and liberal media in the US.  It appears both political parties are onboard.  The Central Banks are of course on board to divert attention away from the imploding European fiat monies.

I think the Russians and Chinese will be bought off with oil, and will be allowed some actions to "save face".

TOTUS btw is an acronym for Telepromter Of The US -- insert any president.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Re: I can see a US vs Iranian

I think you are on the mark.

r's picture
r
New Gingrich invades Iran

If cynicism was a perfect mirror of reality all this would have happened already.

And you can't buy off China with oil when you're taking oil away from them.  That sounds more like one of New Gingrich's ideas, which we'll see after the election.  My cynical two bits.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
r wrote:  If cynicism was a
r wrote:

If cynicism was a perfect mirror of reality all this would have happened already.

And you can't buy off China with oil when you're taking oil away from them.  That sounds more like one of New Gingrich's ideas, which we'll see after the election.  My cynical two bits.

On that note I would like to ask if anyone else thinks its strange that Gingrich wasn't a serious contender until he openly sided with the banks and put down the OWS folks. Then amazingly he is on the top of the list. Seems rather odd. I'd like to see the real poll stats.

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
MAD
docmims wrote:

I think AO's observation on the Lusitania and the Maine are spot on.

Except that the consequences will be totally different....  going to war against Vietnam is one thing, starting WWIII, with almost certain nuclear implications is quite another....

Mike

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Re: "R", yes, Newt Gingrich is the DEVIL

Think Dick Cheney II.

As bad as Obama is, and he's been epically bad (perhaps all-time worst), Gingrich could easily be worse with his war-mongering leading us to WWIII!

The US can't win in this bogus 2 party deception.

Gore or Bush, McCain or Obama, Gingrich or Obama? Are you kidding? Can it get any worse? It's sad that this great country can't come up with any better candidates than these corrupt and incompetent jokers.

I think Romney (and he's awful too) may still win the nomination on the Rep. side as Gingrich has waaay too many skeletons in his closets, serious issues and actions that clearly indict his nature. That will eventually be fleshed out.

I'm not voting for either Republican or Democrat and if I vote at all it will be for token support for Ron Paul running as a 3rd party Libertarian. Paul's the best of the bunch but no way TPTB, Federal Reserve and Wall Street let him even get an honest shot or decent media coverage.

On a level playing field I think he'd win most states minus the absolutely insane ones like California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey, Massachusetts, etc...

Best, 

JG

RON PAUL 2012

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
Yeas, they look like incompetent morons alright...

Iranian TV shows downed US drone

Updated December 09, 2011 08:51:13

Iranian military officials have shown off an advanced US spy drone which they say was brought down by electronic warfare near the Afghan border.

Images broadcast on Iranian TV showed Iranian military officials inspecting the radar-evading, wedge-shaped aircraft, which appeared to be undamaged.

US officials have acknowledged the loss of the unmanned RQ-170 Sentinel, saying it malfunctioned near the Afghan border during a reconnaissance flight in western Afghanistan last week.

But Iranian officials say an "electronic warfare unit" of the Revolutionary Guard electronically hijacked the drone and steered it to the ground.

Guard commander General Amir Ali Hajizadeh said Iran was now studying the technology in the captured drone.

"With God's assistance, we were able, through joint work by the military and the Revolutionary Guard corps, to catch one of the most advanced American planes, which has special features, in a trap of the Islamic Republic," he said.

"It fell into the trap of [the Guard's] electronic warfare unit who then managed to land it with minimum damage."

The RQ-170 Sentinel, built by Lockheed Martin, dubbed 'The Beast of Kandahar', was first acknowledged by the US Air Force in December 2009.

It has a full-motion video sensor that was used this year to monitor Osama bin Laden's compound in Pakistan ahead of the raid that killed him.

General Hajizadeh said the drone was about 26 metres in wingspan, 4.5 metres in length and 1.84 metres in height.

The United States has said that the aircraft simply suffered a malfunction, preventing it from returning to base, as programmed, when its data link was lost.

Iranian media reported that Russian and Chinese officials had already asked for permission to inspect the aircraft.

US media have reported fears in the US that Iran could access and make use of highly-advanced technology found in the drone.

But a US official said the US had doubts "the Iranians have the expertise" to exploit the technology found in the wrecked vehicle.

The incident comes at a time of rising tensions between Iran and the West over Tehran's nuclear program.

The US and other Western nations tightened sanctions on Iran last week and Britain withdrew its diplomatic staff from Tehran after hardline youths stormed two diplomatic compounds.

Washington has not ruled out military action against Iran's nuclear facilities if diplomacy fails to resolve a dispute over the program, which the US believes is aimed at developing atomic weapons.

ABC/BBC/wires

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
DTM, I was talking about our presidential candidates...

You got that, correct?

Who knowswhat actually happened with that "captured drone". I need to look into it further and check with my sources.

One thing is for sure, it's almost never the official story or what gets played out in the national media.

JG 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
ammo?
ao wrote:
Doug wrote:

Doug

It's very capable of being adapted to replace and far surpass the Phalanx system.

I'd like to know ho you could feed this monster its million rounds a minute!

I think that is the practical difficulty and explains why MST trades at 0.3 of a cent.

Mike

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
China will not hesitate to protect Iran

ao's picture
ao
Damnthematrix wrote: ao
Damnthematrix wrote:
ao wrote:
Doug wrote:

Doug

I'd like to know ho you could feed this monster its million rounds a minute!

I think that is the practical difficulty and explains why MST trades at 0.3 of a cent.

Mike

Mike,

C'mon, do you really think this thing is going to expend a million rounds?  All it has to do is fire a very brief pulse to put up a simultaneous and more widespread wall of metal than the one-at-a-time sequential firing of the Phalanx system that requires much more precise aiming.

P.S.  Also, you've obviously never made a killing on a penny stock.;-) 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments