Iran Petition: Official assessment on IRAN by Chris

39 posts / 0 new
Last post
fritzroy15's picture
fritzroy15
Iran Petition: Official assessment on IRAN by Chris

I recently saw a post for enrolled members only concerning the threat of a war with Iran. I would like to request a full analysis be made as a stand-alone article for everyone, since in the grand scheme of things, there is little else that would have such a direct and devastating immediate effect on the entire modern world.

Anyone else care to sign the "petition"?

Fully warned is fully armed.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Re: Iran Petition: Official assessment on IRAN by Chris
fritzroy15 wrote:

I recently saw a post for enrolled members only concerning the threat of a war with Iran. I would like to request a full analysis be made as a stand-alone article for everyone, since in the grand scheme of things, there is little else that would have such a direct and devastating immediate effect on the entire modern world.

I'd like to start a different petition.

My petition calls for whining self-righteous crybabies on this site who expect everything for free to grow the f*ck up and support Chris with a paid enrolled membership subscription if they want to benefit from his insights.

Care to sign my petition, fitzroy? Didn't think so...

Erik

[Moderator's note: This is a violation of the forum posting guidelines.  Personal insults are not acceptable.]

back40's picture
back40

"I'd like to start a different petition.

My petition calls for whining self-righteous crybabies on this site who expect everything for free to grow the f*ck up and support Chris with a paid enrolled membership subscription if they want to benefit from his insights.

Erik"

Dude!  Do you think there is a better way to express that opinion?

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
Erik T. wrote:
fritzroy15 wrote:

Erik

+1!

Signed,

Farmer Brown

barrt's picture
barrt

Fight for peace, fight for love and fight for freedom

"......there is no spoon"

M.E.'s picture
M.E.

Fritzroy15,

Haven't we been down this road recently with another poster?  You must have missed it when he was verbally drawn and quartered.

My paid membership on this site is part of my personal insurance about what's going on in the world.  An added bonus is that I'm helping Chris' mission in my own tiny way.  He deserves to be paid (and paid more) for his incredible work that has enlightened so many people.  To ask for it to be free is insulting.  You are implying that it isn't worth paying for and/or that you are so important that you deserve to have it for free.

Perhaps you might find it helpful to think through the situation like this:  Gee, that article on possible war with Iran is so compelling to me, I think I'll go ahead and pay for a membership for 3 months.  Heck, it's only 80 bucks.  My/my family's safety and preparation are worth it.  And, I'll be helping out the cause a little, too.

I stand fully behind Erik T.'s outburst.  This topic is getting tiresome.  The rules are that you have to pay to play, children.

JAG's picture
JAG

I also would like to propose a petition for my A/C repair man to work for free. I really can't afford to pay what he charges for his services so I think I should get it for free. After all, my family could die of heat stroke in this 98 degree heat! 

Will you guys sign my petition? Wink

Doug's picture
Doug

JAG

Quote:

No, but I'll send you real estate listings from far north of where you are sweltering. Innocent

Doug

V's picture
V

Fitzroy

Here is what is going to happen. We are going to war with Iran. Israel in all likelihood will lead the charge. This will disrupt the flow of oil. YOu can figure out the consequences without reading anyone's article. We will ultimately establish complete hegemony over the Middle East and its oil . We will maintain this hegemony through the military industrial complex. This is the microcosm.

The macrocosm can be found by reading about the fall of any empire. Kuntsler's book the Long Emergency is as good as any.

This is free. Which is exactly what it is worth

V

PS This has all been planned long ago by Kissinger, Brezenski and the good folks at the CFR who have your best interests at heart.

Davos's picture
Davos
fritzroy15 wrote:

Farmer Brown's picture
Farmer Brown
V wrote:

Fitzroy

Here is what is going to happen. We are going to war with Iran. Israel in all likelihood will lead the charge. This will disrupt the flow of oil. YOu can figure out the consequences without reading anyone's article. We will ultimately establish complete hegemony over the Middle East and its oil . We will maintain this hegemony through the military industrial complex. This is the microcosm.

The macrocosm can be found by reading about the fall of any empire. Kuntsler's book the Long Emergency is as good as any.

This is free. Which is exactly what it is worth

V

PS This has all been planned long ago by Kissinger, Brezenski and the good folks at the CFR who have your best interests at heart.

I think this is more a summary of what appears in some of the member discussions, but I do not believe it accurately represents what CM wrote.  In any case, I do not want to start a discussion on what was written and what wasn't.  That would just provide more "free content" to people who do not wish to support the site and thereby reward that lack of support.  If you really want to know, then pay $20 for a month-long membership, for exponential-jimminy-crickets-sake!

JAG's picture
JAG
Doug wrote:

JAG

Quote:

No, but I'll send you real estate listings from far north of where you are sweltering. Innocent

Doug

LOL....don't think I hadn't thought of that, but I figured the ability to grow food year round (without a greenhouse) was worth the hellish summers. 

Ruhh's picture
Ruhh

Petetion to remove Erik as a Martenson Brigade Member.

The attitude frequently spewing from you should not be tolerated as a representative of this site. Absolutely unwelcoming.

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Welcome back!  Have you ever thought of anger management therapy?Tongue out

No really, I agree with what you're saying, not the way you've chosen to say it.  Not shocking, as it seems to be a pattern.  But kind of sad that someone so smart, can't seem to control their anger. 

Erik T. wrote:
fritzroy15 wrote:

Erik

[Ed. note: This is a violation of the forum posting guidelines.  Personal insults are not acceptable.]

land2341's picture
land2341

I was going to leave this alone,  but I cannot.  It was Chris' choice to provide most of his content for free.  It remains his choice what of his wisdom he wishes to share for free.  The OP may have been wrong in the manner in which he asked the question.  Perhaps a request could have been far more appropriate than a petition (which implies a right and no one has a right to Chris' ideas but Chris).

But, Chris tells us all that he gave away his ideas because he wanted the most people to be able to get it.  There are stock brokers and attorneys on here.  But there are also garbage collectors and homemakers.  And there are many people who are being very badly financially effected by the miserable economy right now.  For them,  $20 a month is a huge investment.  Wether or not they should make that investment is their choice.  But, I don't think the enrolled members' role is to disdain the non-enrolled members,  nor to humiliate them.  That seems to fly in the face of what Chris started here in the first place.

agitating prop's picture
agitating prop
Erik T. wrote:
fritzroy15 wrote:

Erik

[Ed. note: This is a violation of the forum posting guidelines.  Personal insults are not acceptable.]

Erik, Have you ever considered a career in sales? No? That's good!Laughing

goes211's picture
goes211

Erik,

Your fuse does seem incredibly short lately.  I actually agree with LR.  It's not what you say but how you say it.

isjrb029's picture
isjrb029

I am with you on this Land. Wwe read every day where there are more people out of work, homelessness is going through the roof. There are a lot of educated individuals at home and they are coming to this site for information and understanding. Not everyone has the resources to join. The folks on this site are great and I appreciate Chris and his crew for all that they do.

Erik I enjoy reading your information but am taken aback sometimes by what you say and the way you say it. Perhap young grasshopper one should look inside for some compassion.

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Doug wrote:

JAG

Quote:

Doug

FWIW, New Paltz, NY is faaar north of good ol' Houston.  And we're doing just capitally on the swelter front...Cool

capesurvivor's picture
capesurvivor

I'm two miles from the beach in MA and it has been sweltering here with a free bonus..ozone and car-polluted air, the dirty little secret of Cape Cod.

I think you should loosen up, Erik. Uncivility is uncalled for in any context.

As for posters without funds...every website has parameters and you live with them. You'll all survive without  the posts.

SG

fritzroy15's picture
fritzroy15

Just want to clear things up. Perhaps it's the times we live that lead people to choose the worst interpretation of any message.

I wrote asking for Chris' take on the situation in the idea that the previous mention of it was just one of several bulllet points in one of his articles, and he realeases full articles (available to everyone for free) from time to time. My goal was to simply ask if possible that one of the next articles target this issue in depth.

Without wanting to offend I am dissapointed of how people got stuck on the $20 monthly fee issue. I have (and know some other people who) always considered that membership to be more for people seeking Chris' investment advise rather then his geo-political views.

I have followed Chris and recommended his teachings to as many people I could believe would understand it for as long as I can remember.

Nothing but admiration for everything you have done and continue to do Chris.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo

Is War On The Horizon In Iran? Many Signs Point That Way

Jim Sinclair’s Commentary

The key here is Israel makes a serious miscalculation.

Dear CIGAs,

Although many have predicted over the past five years that Iran would be at war with the west or Israel, such an outcome has not developed.  We seldom comment on war preparation activities and have not done so recently, and although it is not our normal modus operandi, we would like to point out that currently many signs point to the potential for hostility with Iran to develop.  Please note the following points.

1.  Iran is becoming more isolated. 
2.  Russia has stated that they believe Iran may be close having a nuclear weapon.  Many believe that they may already have developed nuclear weapons.  It appears that Russia is starting to moderate their view on Iran to a view more similar to that of the western powers. 
3.  Iran’s friends in the Arab world, who have helped them in many ways, are starting to move a way from them. 
4.  Iran has sold much of the oil they had stored in tankers offshore.  It occurs to us that they maybe raising cash for an expected war. 
5.  We have noticed several countries buying gold, and a few are selling gold and/or borrowing against their gold holdings.  We do not know if Iran is engaged in this activity but if they are expecting war, they are undoubtedly trying to raise cash in order to support that effort. 
6.  We notice that Prime Minister Netanyahu and President Obama had a cordial conversation at the White House and Obama has recently expressed more support for Israel.

Could it be that we are approaching a war between Iran and Israel and/or the west, with the U.S. supporting Israel and Russia demanding concessions for not intervening?  Although we are not political analysts,  and we do not know that war is in any way an eventuality, we believe that it is a possibility.

Should a war develop in this oil producing region, fears that it could spread would likely send oil and gold prices much higher.  Should a war develop, the stocks of oil companies that produce oil in Canada and other politically safe locations would be in demand.

http://jsmineset.com/2010/07/15/is-war-on-the-horizon-in-iran-many-signs...

Denny Johnson's picture
Denny Johnson
fritzroy15 wrote:

Without wanting to offend I am dissapointed of how people got stuck on the $20 monthly fee issue. I have (and know some other people who) always considered that membership to be more for people seeking Chris' investment advise rather then his geo-political views.

On the other hand, there are probably many who consider membership as a way to support Chris's noble efforts.

fritzroy15's picture
fritzroy15

Thanks for the link and short resume, another site to my "Education" bookmark folder :)

sofistek's picture
sofistek

I'm surprised Erik's post wasn't pulled, rather than simply given a wrist slap with a moderator comment, but that is the moderator's perogative. [Moderator's note: Perhaps you did not notice that the offending user's posting privileges were suspended as well.]

I got similar treatment, from that poster, but that kind of post just tells me that the poster has a very weak argument, so I take little notice. I have (several times) spent $30 on prep stuff that is more useful than much of the paid for analysis on this site though Chris's work is great and much of it spot on. It's interesting but not necessarily critical, though if the enrolment situation doesn't change, I'd recommend people take a dip for a month and judge from that, or from perhaps a two or three month period (not necessarily contiguous).

It seems to me that a number of people are not thinking critically, given their reponses to the opening post. Many great thinkers, about the problems, or predicament, we face, offer their advice and analysis in various forms at various rates, from free access through inexpensive books to site subscriptions that vary a lot. I guess most people would have to pick and choose among them, whilst some could afford to partake in all of them. Don't assume that any particular price is the right price or that the price accurately reflects the value (which varies from individual to individual).

Tony

JAG's picture
JAG

I think we need to give the Erik bashing a break here. When you are a long time poster here, it gets mighty frustrating to deal with the same old issues over and over again, especially  if you have put forth a great deal of time and energy on this subject in the past. The longer you have been posting here, the more baggage you bring into each new conversation.

In full disclosure, I have been suspended here before for personal attacks using foul language. And when this happens it's almost always the result of a misunderstanding that was created by previous baggage. 

And personally, I have learned a great deal from Erik over the years, so I want him in the conversation. Some of the newer members might not realize that Erik contributed a significant amount of assistance to Dr. M in the development of this site and community. I don't think this should be overlooked. 

In the absence of any relevant news, the summer time is always hard on this community, as divisions occur over the most irrelevant topics. When things get hairy in the near future, we as a community, need to put our personal baggage and misunderstandings aside and come together to act as a collective support system for each one of us here. We are really going to need each other to make it through the marathon of hell that awaits us.

Best...Jeff

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
JAG wrote:

In the absence of any relevant news, the summer time is always hard on this community, as divisions occur over the most irrelevant topics. When things get hairy in the near future, we as a community, need to put our personal baggage and misunderstandings aside and come together to act as a collective support system for each one of us here. We are really going to need each other to make it through the marathon of hell that awaits us.

"Hear hear!!"

roamingpoke's picture
roamingpoke
JAG wrote:

I think we need to give the Erik bashing a break here. When you are a long time poster here, it gets mighty frustrating to deal with the same old issues over and over again, especially  if you have put forth a great deal of time and energy on this subject in the past. The longer you have been posting here, the more baggage you bring into each new conversation.

Best...Jeff

Thank you for the comment, sir.  I followed and read this forum for 2-3 years before I joined as a full time member.  It is during that assessment period that I learned that ideas, like water, flow freely here.  It is also important to note that just a casual read through the blogosphere and the information available on the web could have brought a lot of us to the same conclusion vis a vis IRAN.  Dr. Martenson just makes it so exceptionally easy as he often signs his salutations "your faithful scout."  That, in itself, speaks volumes.

This forum is exceptional with exceptional people who do good things.  To me, the price is well worth the ticket for the journey.  I appreciate what Erik does and his candor as much as I value the opinions of others here who don't always mimic what my own core beliefs are.

That is where the learning comes in!  Thanks. +1

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun
JAG wrote:

In full disclosure, I have been suspended here before for personal attacks using foul language. And when this happens it's almost always the result of a misunderstanding that was created by previous baggage. 

And personally, I have learned a great deal from Erik over the years, so I want him in the conversation. Some of the newer members might not realize that Erik contributed a significant amount of assistance to Dr. M in the development of this site and community. I don't think this should be overlooked. 

Best...Jeff

So because someone contributes more than others, they're allowed to continuously bash people for their beliefs, opinions, etc..?  Bull!   I'll give someone the benefit of the doubt once or maybe twice, but there's a long history of abuse that's come from Erik, especially in the past 6 months!  I think you (Jeff) need to stop looking at this site (as well as many other longtime posters) as their own!  It's not!  It's Dr. M's site, and we've been allowed to play on it with a couple things in mind.......common courtesy being one of the most important! 

Some people need to get off their F in' highhorses here, and realize not EVERYONE is like themselves!  And civility to posters, whether they be new/old/ancient, should be given in the exact same amounts!   Ugh!Yell

rickets's picture
rickets

I think one thing said is deal on there Logan - Calling people morons, stupid, etc has got to stop.  I have been attacked one too many times in this community.  Many here have done a ton of research and therefore have passionate opinions that dont sway easily (or ever in many cases).  But, that said, thats no reason to degrade people.

You can make passionate statements of opinion.  If your statement includes facts, back em.  If you disagree with people, do so respectfully. 

V's picture
V

Amen LR

V

PS Seniority should be given the same weight as senility. LOL

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments