Iran on the Brink of Nuclear Weapons

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Iran on the Brink of Nuclear Weapons

Ah. More propaganda.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/iaea-says-foreign-...

The International Atomic Energy Agency has a bombshell report on the state of Iran’s nuclear program: the nation is on the brink of nuclear capability. The Washington Post reports that secret intelligence given to U.N. nuclear officials shows that Iran has the ability to create atomic weapons, having mastered the “critical steps” involved in the process. The revealing documents reportedly present evidence that a Soviet scientist helped teach Iran about detonation reactions, and experts in Pakistan and North Korea also tutored the nation over the years. Officials believe that Iran did not stop its program in 2003. Instead, money for research was funneled through seemingly innocuous civilian institutions. While Israel continues to flirt with the idea of attacking Iran’s nuclear facilities, the U.S. maintains that Iran has the skills to create a bomb quicklybut that doesn’t mean it has already done so.

dshields's picture
dshields
nope - not going to be allowed

Israel is not going to allow Iran to get nucs.  They can't allow it.  For them it is self preservation.  They have been preparing for years.

You would think the Iranians would have better things to do with their time and money but I guess not.

Aaron M's picture
Aaron M
Whatever it is...

I want nothing to do with it.

SteveW's picture
SteveW
Alpha Mike wrote: I want
Alpha Mike wrote:

I want nothing to do with it.

The fuse for WWIII.

SPAM_medbird's picture
SPAM_medbird
Iran

It seems to me we need to get at the real problem dishonest, immoral, and incompetent politicians and a USA government that is too big such that the left hand does not know what the right is doing. Socrates had this down 2500 years ago. So Iran gets Nukes if they use them we Nuke them and it seems many of our problems are over then. Let it be! Low and behold I bet Iran wants too live as well. The USA needs to pull back and rebuild and also read the Art of War that again is about 3000 years old and warned about breaking the state  by moving your army too far away for too long ....hmmmmm. How does a simple Pharmacist know this and not a big president or ten of them?

Wake up and realize the Ponzi debt scheme between the fed reserve (publicly traded company owned by the banks) and the Treasury was hatched in 1971. it lasted so long in part because of the gigantic baby boomer parallel and relative honesty with the fiat approach. It started with the banks before hand with their  learning and getting away with (behind closed doors) with fractional reserve lending. (the money multiplier effect in economics 101). Thomas Jefferson warned about corporations if not watched ursurping the power and money of the people. but in essence it is thievery disguised at the highest level. (printing money and controlling interest rates does not equal free markets) especially when controlled by the banks. Kinda like letting a fox run a chicken farm or a team of foxes own a fleet of chicken farms. (we are the chickens).

just my simple view of it all! 

Chris thank you for your work in informing the chickens!

God bless us as we truly need him and he is the ultimate power. thank you Lord for you bible and your holy spirit that indwells and seals us all who have faith in your son's work on earth and his reseurrection and victory over death.

In your service and standing taller knowing that you my lord have my and my fellow "true" Christian's back and soul in the days to come!

Amen,

Robin Small  (call me what you want as the bible is a wonderful book to have in days like this)

[Moderator's note: Hi medbird, and welcome to the site.  Travlin is quite correct in his post below.  Please listen to him.]

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Welcome

Medbird

Welcome to the forums. It is always nice to hear from new members, and you will find many who share your thoughts. There are many members here with strong religious faiths but we don’t discuss them in the forums. You should review the forum guidelines for clarification in the sections on controversial and off-limit topics. http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/forum-guidelines-and-rules/9545 Other than these restrictions we discuss a wide variety of topics and debate them vigorously.

Again, welcome.

Travlin 

jneo's picture
jneo
    Iran wanting a nuke,

Iran wanting a nuke, all War Propaganda to me.  The crazy right/ and israel loves throwing that card into the media to keep up the FEAR tactic on our own people.  

[Moderator's note: This comment adds little without more facts.  If you don't wish to debate whether or not Iran's nuclear issue is war propaganda, then you can always make a hypothetical where you ask your readers to assume that it is propaganda, then go on to offer specific facts to support the issue that you are interested in discussing.]

tictac1's picture
tictac1
couple of thoughts

If Iran is truly developing nukes, it would logically be to protect itself from known aggressors.  Iran, for all its unsavory aspects, has been under economic and ideological attack for a long time.  Recent history shows that Iran has not attacked any country in a good while, but has been attacked by Israel, Iraq, and the US.  While Iran cannot hope to win an engagement with Israel or the US, it could concievably create a "balance of terror", like North Korea has done, to prevent aggressions toward itself.

On the other hand, maybe the nuke news is purely pre-war hype to assure the "pawn holds a grudge".  I figure you need a good 12 months of pre-war propaganda to sufficiently innocculate the general public to the idea that a "preemptive strike" is needed.  I seem to remember a certain country was deemed to have weapons of mass destruction, thus making a preemptive strike "the right thing to do". 

I doubt we've learned much since then.

dshields's picture
dshields
I worry about it
tictac1 wrote:

If Iran is truly developing nukes, it would logically be to protect itself from known aggressors.  Iran, for all its unsavory aspects, has been under economic and ideological attack for a long time.  Recent history shows that Iran has not attacked any country in a good while, but has been attacked by Israel, Iraq, and the US.  While Iran cannot hope to win an engagement with Israel or the US, it could concievably create a "balance of terror", like North Korea has done, to prevent aggressions toward itself.

On the other hand, maybe the nuke news is purely pre-war hype to assure the "pawn holds a grudge".  I figure you need a good 12 months of pre-war propaganda to sufficiently innocculate the general public to the idea that a "preemptive strike" is needed.  I seem to remember a certain country was deemed to have weapons of mass destruction, thus making a preemptive strike "the right thing to do". 

I doubt we've learned much since then.

I worry about this.  You are right - the politicians already pulled this trick on us once in recent history - Iraq.  The newest IAEA report is pretty shocking and you have stuff like the following:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2059462/UN-report-Iran-IS-trying-build-nuclear-bomb-warns-William-Hague.html

Looks like something is going to happen.  Not sure how that translates into WW3 though.  Iran can not take down the world.  The people of iran have not spoken yet either.  The gov there does not allow it.  I would guess that the people of iran do not want a war with the rest of the world.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments