IOWA CAUCUS UPDATE: Ron Paul leading but virtual three-way tie so far...

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
IOWA CAUCUS UPDATE: Ron Paul leading but virtual three-way tie so far...

According to AP and POLITICO Staff...

Depending on update Paul, Romney and Santorum exchanging lead as precincts report but it's a virtual dead heat so far. Paul has had a slight edge on a couple of the updates.

Where'd Santorum come from? That war-mongering airhead is yet another example of Neocon desperate attempts to manipulate a lead candidate. All have failed to sustain thus far. First Perry, then Cain, then Gingrich and now Santorum.

Paul and Romney have been the only steady candidates throughout the process. Quite an accomplishment for Paul given the widespread media blackout, negative press and now agressive Neocon attacks. He's held firm and in fact slowly gained strength while others have withered away.

09:29 PM - Iowa caucus results: A three-way tie

POLITICO's Bill Nichols reports:

Mitt Romney, Ron Paul and Rick Santorum were in a virtual dead heat as results began coming in from the Iowa caucuses Tuesday night – the crucial opening act of the 2012 presidential race.

12 PM - Iowa Caucus Results:15.9% precincts in.

Paul 24.1%, Romney 23.0%, Santorum 22.9% via AP at 9:09 p.m. ET. 15.9% precincts in.

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
LATEST UPDATE: Slight lead for Romney, Paul on his tail in 3rd

09:56 PM - Iowa Caucus Results: 30.9% precincts in

Romney 23.4%, Santorum 23.0%, Paul 22.8% via AP at 9:41 p.m. ET.

Top 3 finish seems virtually assured for Paul. 2nd place probable and 1st is still very possible.

Don't know what kind of BS manipulation has all of sudden out of nowhere propelled such a lousy candfidate like Santorum, who has not been relevant thus far, to now battle in a three-way statistical tie.

Paul's not doing too shabby for a guy who has been largely ignored and said to have no chance and not be a real candidate. Those phony Republican Neocons are running scared now and desperate to do anything to stop the Ron Paul Revolution.

It will be an interesting night

PEACE

JG

RON PAUL 2012 

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
FINAL IOWA CAUCUS RESULTS: Paul finishes in close 3rd...

STATEWIDE RESULTS

Name Votes % Won  

Others

6,414 5.3%  

Mitt Romney

30,015 24.6% Winner

Rick Santorum

30,007 24.5%  

Ron Paul

26,219 21.5%  

Newt Gingrich

16,251 13.3%  

Rick Perry

12,604 10.3%  

Jon Huntsman

745 0.6%  

Nice strong finish by Paul. A little disappointed he did not finish in 2nd. That last minute mercurial rise by Santorum (out of nowhere) despite being completely irrelevant until just recently smells extremely fishy. I seriously doubt Santorum can sustain this performance or can obtain such support in other states, including next week's New Hampshire primaries.

I think it's fairly obvious that it's going to come down to Romney or Paul. Choose between those two and give Paul a fair look by inquiring beyond the overwhelming mainstream media bias, which is pretty much all negative when they are not ignoring Paul even exists.

Thanks!

JG

RON PAUL 2012 

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon
?

Why do you say that about Santorum ?    Not that he is my first choice  but I am not surprised by the out come.  I think he will get a lot of backing from the conservative /right wing people .    In the end I do not see him pick up any disgruntled Obama supporters or independant votes  but  the Republicans will back him instead of swinging left when it comes down to it .   Plus sad to say  people vote for the best looking guy and the red tie.

This is going to be a loooonnnngggg year .

FM

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Santorum's support is artificial and limited...

He exclusively focused on Iowa plus I'm pretty convinced voter intimidation, fraud and vote rigging was involved.

Santorum does not have the type of funding, organization or appeal to make an impact beyond Iowa. He'll fall apart quickly just like the others. His numbers were superficially boosted and will not last just like the rest.

Remember, first Perry, then Cain, next Gingrich and now Santorum. Bachman just dropped out and I doubt much of a lasting case can be made for Huntsman in the eyes of most Republicans.

It'll be Romney vs. Obama with Ron Paul as the 3rd Pary Libertarian candidate.

I think in an honest election Paul would win but TPTB will rig it on behalf of an Obama/Hilary ticket. 4 more years of that mess and down the tube goes the country.

I'm still voting and supporting Ron Paul no matter what because a vote for the others is a complete waste, getting Paul's message out is important and building momentum for another Ron Paul type candidate (like his son or Gary Johnson) in 2016 will be worth it. The country will be an even bigger mess then.

Best,

JG

RON PAUL 2012

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
My Take...

I agree with JG that Santorum will not likely go far. He is severely limited by lack of organization and funds, as JG mentioned. His appeal is also largely limited to the evangelical crowd. That will hamper him in NH, but may help him somewhat in SC; still, I don't believe that's a sufficient base to be a long-term contender. Also, and this may be most important, but due to his late rise, he has not been fully vetted by the media and voters, as were all the others. Bachman, Perry, Cain, Gingrich; all rose and fell. Santorum seems likely to be next. Romney has held steady, but not grown. Only Paul has shown gradual, but consistent, growth.

I suspect Gingrich will have a fair showing in NH, and possibly in SC (a sister state to GA), but he has similar concerns with regard to funding and organization. Still, I think Gingrich has a greater chance of lasting than Santorum.

I'm not sure if RP would go third party. That might create some backlash within the GOP with regard to Rand Paul's political future. RP might be content to continue the lay the groundwork, for all of us, and for his son. Still, if things looked promising for a third party bid, he might make the plunge.

I heard last night from someone "with connections" that there has been talk of Biden and Clintion changing places prior to 2012. Had you heard something about this, JG? I saw that you typed "Obama/Hilary ticket" above...

JuanGalt's picture
JuanGalt
Yes Doc, one of the many tricks Obama has up his sleeves...

Obama will run with "HITLARY" (LOL).

Biden is a total doofus and a pure liability for Obama. I don't know what he was thinking running with him. Capture the old white vote? They have basically locked up Biden because everytime he says anything it's ridiculous and hurts Obama.

Hillary still is in favor with many Democrats and leveraging the popular Clinton name makes sense. It also sets up Hillary to run in 2016.

Obama will also do anything necessary to manipulate gov't statistics (please refer to John Williams'"Shadow Stats" for real numbers) and hide the true weakness of the economy. Obama will of course continue to carry on this farce and facade of "a recovery", push inflation to hide other problems, weaken the dollar to boost exports and somewhat temporarily stall worse unemployment figures, push the class warfare angle, try to dupe every poor, uneducated and/or ignorant voter to see him as a better option than painted perception of a "rich vanilla elitist" Romney or "crazy Paul" and do everything possible to distract people from economic issues (like start wars in Syria & Iran and promote more fear driven terrorism hype).

Now I can't stand Obama but his handlers are not totally incompetent. They are good enough poke major holes in the mess that is the Republican party right now.

I'm a lifelong Republican but can't stand them now either. Both parties are awful and it pains me to even see Dr. Paul associated with this breed Neocon but I understand the need for it. Simply a smart strategic move.

We should all do our best to support Ron Paul's message and ideas and struggle for positive change but I'm afraid we need to be realistic and prepare for something aproaching the worst because that's where Obama and the ruling Neocons in the Republican party are going to take us.

I'm afraid it's going to have to get MUCH worse before a true revolution takes place and a system reset is executed.

Keep in touch buddy and best wishes!

JG

RON PAUL 2012

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments