Introduction Post; Think Tank; Ron Paul Revolution Blog

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
AquariusLuck1's picture
AquariusLuck1
Introduction Post; Think Tank; Ron Paul Revolution Blog

Hello All,

I was referred to this website by a poster on my blog, and I am seeing a lot of information that I am discussing as well.  I am a 22 year old who believes there is a Revolution going on, and it will be one that changes humanity forever.  While Chris seems to be focused on how the physical world will change (which is very important obviously), I also believe there will be a great deal of psychological changes in the world.

I will be looking through the amount of information that has been compiled here, but for now I will reference my about me section on my website.

My name is Scott Johnson and I am a 22 year old recent graduate from the University of Illinois with a degree in Actuarial Science.  For those who don’t know, Actuarial Science is financial statistics.  I have been researching public policy, economics, politics, and philosophy for the previous 8 years of my life.  I have always enjoyed mathematics and philosophy, and have been wanting to be apart of a think tank that can help change policy reform.  I see peoples’ insecurities as excuses and/or roadblocks to reaching one’s full potential.

I may come off as cocky or arrogant at first glance, but my intentions are always positively aligned.  I spent the first 15 years of my life listening to others and speaking few words.  While it may be because of my two older brothers always hogged the attention,  I now see it as a blessing because speaking without full awareness on a subject is only talking.  When I write on specific subjects, you can be assured that I am writing based on my current train of thought.  I write what I think, and that means that I will be wrong very often.  If you are to look at my short-term predictions and judge with harsh criticism, you will surely miss the bigger picture of what I am trying to explain.

In my life I have been labeled by many overgeneralized stereotypes.  I have learned from countless years of not being able to stand up for myself, largely through my college experience within my fraternity Phi Kappa Psi.  While I look back and picture the four years that I spent in Champaign-Urbana “furthering my education,” I realize my experiences allowed me to develop into the person I am today.  While I am by no means perfect, I reject the notion that we should not strive for tolerance through understanding of relativity.  Anything short is a failure to humanity and to the human spirit.

If you are reading this, realize that the topics I am discussing and pointing out are not from an analyst who has a career worth of experience.  Instead, I offer a viewpoint from the grass roots perspective.  From the youth that has sat at his computer way for way too long (almost obsessively sometimes).  I wish to share what I know because I feel that we are heading towards an inflection point in society (a crossroads), and if we don’t all go through it together… we will be divided from one another.  Divided we fall, United we stand.

Any advice that I write (economic/life philosophy/political) is not in attempt to say that my way is the right way.  The thoughts throughout this website are how I am practicing life, as I am currently self-employed through my investment advice (junior silver/gold/rare earth miners).  I am striving to be an entrepreneur and welcome all criticism/advice with open arms.  This is my job, so if you feel you would like to discuss a particular subject matter… please do not hesitate to contact me or comment on posts.  For now, I will leave my “about me” page at this level, but eventually I will write about my personal experiences and what I have drawn from them.  We are all people… we are all in this together… lets start acting like it.

-

I look forward to discussing topics as I feel I will like this website based on the content I see available upon it.

I am actively looking to become apart of a think tank or something bigger than myself, and am raising the capital through my investment advice (junior silver miners/junior gold miners/junior rare earth metals).  Please visit my website to see what I have to say about my little juniors :)

-

I really want to be thinking and talking with other people... as the people I talk to are far to confused in what ideas I have to offer.

-

http://thehardrightedge.com

-

Respectully,

Scott J

AquariusLuck1's picture
AquariusLuck1
Re: Introduction Post; Think Tank; Ron Paul Revolution Blog

Here is a sample post that I will link here to give you an understanding of how I am trying to set up my blog...

I would really love to get in contact with others who feel similiarly and are in positions to change things...

Hello all,

While this blog is young... I have no intention of beating around the bush with what I want to say with the level of magnitude that I am implying.  As in, I did not start this blog because I want to simply forecast gold/silver and what is going on in the United States Dollar.  This blog is my first attempt at expressing myself on a medium where others can see at any time, a permanent location for these thoughts and ideas to be pointed to if what I speak resonates with you.  While you may have been noticing why I keep saying please stay calm, it is because the beliefs in which I am about to express I believe to be true and am operating as if they are. Please do not just take them as true without doing your own research as these claims will be seen as a little out there.  Respect to the situation (being aware to the world) is the only way to understand these principles, and I want to state that violence in the name of justice is never an option.  Anybody who takes any words in which I may say in this post or future posts for anything other than the context of my blog has no purpose besides distort what I speak in a way to discredit what I say rather than argue it, as that is the type of politics we see in today's world.  I realize what I am saying and I am just as concerned as all of you, as I am a person too... these are just my ideas, do not act like these ideas classify me as a certain type of "conspiracy theory" guy.  Instead I challenge you to accept my notions or reject with thoughtful discussion.

Why you need to be humble about investment successes

Why I believe you need to be humble if you use my information to invest is because a lot of people who are working right now don't have access to this information and are going to be blindsided by what may be coming if I am correct in my notions (which I will admit this is just my opinion, that is why its called a blog... to put your personal opinions down).  People who have two jobs and are trying to support there families are all good people doing the best they can, but unfortunately times are going to be worse for these people.  As a result, people who are hit hardest by this are not you and your ability to invest in silver/gold before it fully emerges... it is the mother who works at 7-11 and jewel to get 85 hour work weeks reduced to having to take food stamps and government aid because prices are rising all around them.  Why do you think people are getting poorer, by chance?  This is by design inherit in the system that we all actively participate in and unintentionally empower because of it.  As a result, we must be humble and reach out to those who will be hit the hardest as time progresses.  If these people are ignored, danger looms for the path of humanity as we must recognize the reason for the gold/silver bull and put it in perspective.  As investing successes happen, you will only become richer relative to the dimishing American Public's status.  I cringe at the thought of people who take my advice without really understanding the bigger picture of what's really at stake.

In the end we are all just people and we must look out for one another, or we will fall together.  As the politicians love to banter about but not actually acknowledge in principle, "Divided we fall, United we Stand."  There is a reason we like this phrase, its because its true for us as the people of this slumbering nation as well!  Make no mistake, personal successes will come as a result of a fall, but if society trends towards violence at the same time, government force will be strong on American Citizens in the name of national defense because of the economic turmoil American Citizens will be feeling.  Do you really think this government will not try to take advantage of a panic if it were to occur?  I have my doubts and I can hope that I am wrong, but lets just say it does worry me a little bit more than I feel comfortable with.

If I could have it another way, I really would.  I wake up and find it to be a blessing and a curse with the information that I am presented with.  The responsibility I feel to acknowledge the wrongs of the world is to strong to the point where I am pouring my heart out into words in a blog just hoping this message will get to someone else, and letting its message spread onwards until truth was the new majority.  Even if I am wrong on my assumptions, can we not agree that we need to come together as a community in this country to succeed?  Why do we have to say all the things we want and not do them, we need to wake up from our long slumber!

History is ongoing and how our history is written is going to depend on the direction of the United States in my opinion.  Now more than ever, we must look into the roots of our economic problems or potentially fall off the road into an abyss where I hope I am so desperately wrong about.  It is time to take our lives back from those who stole it from us.  Remember, no matter how much anger you may have, please remember we are all in this together, we must work together once again rather than split apart as we will have a tendency to do if we don't recognize our problem... I am doing nothing less than calling for humanity to examine our economic system at its foundations and see if it will have sustainability, after all it is the American Public whose futures are at stake.   The days we had not to far back less than your grandparents grandparents for a lot of people reading this blog... that was not long again when the liberty bell once rung so loudly and proudly, and that is why we loved this country.

Tolerance is humanities biggest strength and it is what I believe separates man from animal.  Our ability to reason and be tolerant of a situation allows us to coexist and prosper with the efficiency of human ingenuity driving the gears.  No longer those days instead days of economic obsession and struggle to survive in the increasingly turbulent economic situation.
What is at stake is nothing less than the fate of humanity and I challenge all readers to give what I say merit, as I wish to have thoughtful conversation about this topic, as I am sure there will be varying opinions on.  If you are interesting into the philosophy of what I am saying, please I give all credit to Ron Paul.  Ron Paul is the modern day Thomas Jefferson and we should all be lucky that him and his son have given us hope to get out of this economic mess.

Something to watch if you have made it this far, this will speak to you.  Lets support this guy!

More to come, you can be sure of that...

Scott J

Jim H's picture
Jim H

Hi Scott!  Thanks for joining CM dot com and plugging in here... glad to have you aboard and adding to the dialogue here as you see fit (and yes, that was me on your blog).    

As you look around, you will find discussion about the psychological aspects of knowing, which can be an affliction at times and in certain groups;

for example;

http://www.peakprosperity.com/blog/dealing-reluctant-partner/49618

Chris' deals with the data...  his wife Becca with the human side... they make a great pair - I had the privledge of meeting them at an event in New Paltz, NY earlier this year.  

The nice thing about this community is that everybody here already understands the unsustainability of the current economic and energy regime... so we can have much deeper conversations about possible solutions, and means to survive and thrive through the change ahead.  Thanks for bringing your positive energy here Scott.. I look forward to your contributions (and I will keep checking back at your blog as well).   

AquariusLuck1's picture
AquariusLuck1

Excellent, I have much to learn about the work that has done and distributed through this website.

Thank you for the heads up, I look forward to sharing ideas and learning things I have previously never thought about ;)

-

Hi-ho silver...

This is gonna get crazy...

-

Scott J

ao's picture
ao

Hi Scott,

I quickly scanned your blog and you have silver a 40 year nominal high.  I think you may want to correct that to 30 year nominal high.  Also, it'd probably be a good idea to have someone proof and edit your blog.  It needs more cohesiveness.  The thoughts appear a bit scattered over the map.  In addition, there is a fair amount of improper use of verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.  A good editor can help you clean up and organize your thoughts and correct a lot of the grammatical errors.  If you are aspiring towards think tank status, you'll want your thoughts to be more precise and focused and your grammar to be correct to facilitate optimal communicative clarity.  Good luck. 

Poet's picture
Poet
Scottj88 wrote:

I have no intention of beating around the bush with what I want to say with the level of magnitude that I am implying.

Really? Call me a bit cynical and jaded and old, but I think you could have said everything in about 2 or 3 paragraphs per entry. Writing a blog, like business writing, you have to be direct and to the point (unless you're being literary and writing something beautifully worded that readers are meant to savour). It is different from college term papers where you have to work to stretch out an idea (that really could be said in one sentennce) into 15-page term papers. Let's not beat around the bush.

Ao wrote:

Also, it'd probably be a good idea to have someone proof and edit your blog.  It needs more cohesiveness.  The thoughts appear a bit scattered over the map.  In addition, there is a fair amount of improper use of verbs, adjectives, and adverbs.  A good editor can help you clean up and organize your thoughts and correct a lot of the grammatical errors.  If you are aspiring towards think tank status, you'll want your thoughts to be more precise and focused and your grammar to be correct to facilitate optimal communicative clarity.

Ao hit the nail on the head.

Poet

AquariusLuck1's picture
AquariusLuck1

Hello All,

Thank you for commenting and giving me feedback.  Currently, I am juggling a lot of things and have not been able to give ample effort to things such as proof reading and conciseness.

My head is racing a million milers per hour, and I am well aware that sometimes the information I present is a "bit" off and abstract.  I deal with a lot of people who are telling me I am wrong, usually dismissing my comments as youthful ignorance.  While there is definitely truth to that statement, I believe that I have a firm understanding of the mathematical and psychological forces behind what most people classify as "life."

When analyzing things, I try to use the reference point that I am an animal (Human Being) on a planet in the middle of a solar system apart of something so big that scientists can't even describe it.  After all, the closest star outside our solar system is what... millions of light years away.  That is quite a long time....

So excuse me when I say a few comments that are very abstract and non-concise, as I usually am just trying to write down what is in my head.

--

My spelling and grammar have never been my strong points, as those skills usually do not coincide with mathematical logic.  While I would be very interested in having my website be a place where people are able to come and not be "turned off" by a few gramatical errors; currently I am trying to just write as many ideas about what is going on in the world as possible.

As far as my credentials, I believe I am highly qualified in terms of being a natural born thinker.  While some may get caught up in the little things that I exaggerate or misconstrue due to my own ignorances, I believe those who look past will see there is a deeper thing I am trying to talk about.

I personally have no care for financial markets, even though my website and my family would surely say otherwise.  I find this whole system a big charade and am upset that 99.99% of the problems we face as human beings are because we cannot see that it is the very structure of society that is the cause of humanities greatest challenges.  How unbelievably easy it would be to change that structure if there was enough pressure on the status quo... it is a shame that this is such a road block.  However, with all things in life... if there is a will... there is a way... and I intend on making a way.

Do not hold back criticism on what I say, as your criticism helps me learn to be a better educator.  I am "new to the game," but not really...  My whole life I have had these feelings... and I intend on doing something about them.  If you can help or have suggestions, please contribute constructive criticism (no matter how harsh it is).  It is only through true reflection of oneself can you advance in life.

-

Scott J

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments