Intiduction Post - Hello

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
Heliantheae's picture
Heliantheae
Intiduction Post - Hello

Hi, just introducing myself. I'm married to another poster here, Johnny Oxygen. I'm not sure how much time I'll have to post, but, I thought I'd get introuductions out of the waySmile

Heliantheae's picture
Heliantheae
Re: Intiduction Post - Hello

Sorry for the typo. It should read 'Introduction'Tongue out 

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

Welcome!  You married a good guy!

Poet's picture
Poet

Heliantheae

Well, it's always great to already have a spouse fully on board like Johnny Oxygen is. It likely means you're further along than most couples are in being aware and being prepared just in case.

Poet

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Welcome ,  Glad to have others from  the Sunflower State  to share  ideas and problems with.  

FM

Full Moon's picture
Full Moon

Heliantheae's picture
Heliantheae
LogansRun wrote:

Welcome!  You married a good guy!

He is a good guy. And awesome in every way. And good at anything he sets his mind to.

Thank you to everyone for the welcome postsSmile

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

I like this post Laughing

akamai mom's picture
akamai mom

Welcome.  I always like to read Johnny's posts.  What is your most enthusiastic focus in this Crash Course discussion?

Heliantheae's picture
Heliantheae
akamai mom wrote:

Welcome.  I always like to read Johnny's posts.  What is your most enthusiastic focus in this Crash Course discussion?

I swing from overly practical, to over the top whimsical... so I'd likely be asking questions raging from 'does anyone have good information on organic gardening soil inoculants for beans and peas?  ' to 'does anyone know if leprechauns live in Kansas? and if so, where can I find one?'

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
akamai mom wrote:

What is your most enthusiastic focus in this Crash Course discussion?

akamai -

That is an outstanding question and probably deserves it's own thread.  All of us bring different formative life experences and areas of expertise and I think there would be some excellent discussion.

It could also easily serve as a central clearinghouse where readers - new and old alike - could go and see who is focused in a particular interest area and then follow up with specific questions in a specific area.  If we followed up and populated the thread with focus area info, I'll bet the site mods and admin would either make it a sticky or give it it's own stand alone folder.

What do you think?

akamai mom's picture
akamai mom

Dogs_in_a_Pile:  I made a post on the forum category for website suggestions regarding separating and identifying areas of interest.  I think there needs to be an place for new comers especially, so they don't wear out the seasoned veterans of the site with repetitive topic interests, nor get discouraged themselves.

Were I the designer of the forum section, it wouldn't be structured so linearly.  My mind works best looking at a physical range of subject material from the joyful solutions to the concerning information.  This topic variety would also be well served ranging from urban to country. 

Personally, I am directing my most energized, forward focus on the joyful solutions, while keeping an eye on the indicators of the dark side only in the my rear view mirror of my mind.  When I find myself digging through the forum discussions in a chronological order, I have to unearth many pieces of knowledge that seem so removed from the path I am on.  That said, there is value for me to read the concerns of people living in a cold city somewhere.  One thing I know, is I am not afraid of my neighbors!  I feel empathy for people who have to live in such an environment of distrust.  Generosity is the key.  I try and grow for as many people as I can and to help others to do the same.  I would far rather give everything away than to shoot my neighbors, even from the other side of the island.  When we have crises here, like a devastating hurricane; people are overwhelmingly kind.  In the 9/11 event, it was evident how the best side of New Yorkers really bubbled to the surface.  The people on the streets of New York, made me proud to be an American.  If they can be caring in a crisis, so can the rest of us.  I feel optimistic, and it surprises me to read how many forum members don't feel that way.  So... an emotional range is probably at least as important as a skill/knowledge separation.  We can help the anxious, calm their fears and plan strategically in one area of the forum, in another area, let people get excited about all the positive ways we can make a difference, and allow another area for strategic financial and world awareness focus.  It takes all of us to build a better tomorrow, whether in a computer forum or across the planet.

Happy New Year to everyone!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
akamai mom wrote:

Dogs_in_a_Pile:  I made a post on the forum category for website suggestions regarding separating and identifying areas of interest.  I think there needs to be an place for new comers especially, so they don't wear out the seasoned veterans of the site with repetitive topic interests, nor get discouraged themselves.

Were I the designer of the forum section, it wouldn't be structured so linearly.  My mind works best looking at a physical range of subject material from the joyful solutions to the concerning information.  This topic variety would also be well served ranging from urban to country. 

Personally, I am directing my most energized, forward focus on the joyful solutions, while keeping an eye on the indicators of the dark side only in the my rear view mirror of my mind.  When I find myself digging through the forum discussions in a chronological order, I have to unearth many pieces of knowledge that seem so removed from the path I am on.  That said, there is value for me to read the concerns of people living in a cold city somewhere.  One thing I know, is I am not afraid of my neighbors!  I feel empathy for people who have to live in such an environment of distrust.  Generosity is the key.  I try and grow for as many people as I can and to help others to do the same.  I would far rather give everything away than to shoot my neighbors, even from the other side of the island.  When we have crises here, like a devastating hurricane; people are overwhelmingly kind.  In the 9/11 event, it was evident how the best side of New Yorkers really bubbled to the surface.  The people on the streets of New York, made me proud to be an American.  If they can be caring in a crisis, so can the rest of us.  I feel optimistic, and it surprises me to read how many forum members don't feel that way.  So... an emotional range is probably at least as important as a skill/knowledge separation.  We can help the anxious, calm their fears and plan strategically in one area of the forum, in another area, let people get excited about all the positive ways we can make a difference, and allow another area for strategic financial and world awareness focus.  It takes all of us to build a better tomorrow, whether in a computer forum or across the planet.

Happy New Year to everyone!

akamai -

The mods and Site Administrators don't have time to read all the posts so the best way to get a suggestion to them is to email them directly.  I think Amanda is still the POC, but I'm sure you could find one of Adam's posts and email or PM him and probably get your suggestions addressed.

akamai mom's picture
akamai mom

Heliantheae,

This is the 3rd time I have tried to post this response, so here goes for something simple:

'does anyone have good information on organic gardening soil inoculants for beans and peas? Permaculture is a great answer to a difficult set of problems.

A great guy from Australia who does amazing things around the world in the hardest places. http://permaculture.org.au/

some videos that address more angles on this:  http://vimeo.com/groups/properliving

Check out the "getting Started" page and "influences" page for links on our website:  www.akamaibackyard.com

'does anyone know if leprechauns live in Kansas? and if so, where can I find one?'  ask Michael Pilarsky at http://www.fairycongress.com/

Welcome.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments