Interview with Dr. Michael Hudson

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Linda K's picture
Linda K
Interview with Dr. Michael Hudson

"The Way We Were and What We Are Becoming" interview with financial economist and historian, Dr. Michael Hudson.(March 4, 2009)

http://kpfa.org/archive/id/48892

Worth a listen - passing it along.

Jarhett's picture
Jarhett
Re: Interview with Dr. Michael Hudson

Thanks Linda great interview

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

i LOVE michael hudson i have bee reading him for over a year.

he is the financial adviser to dennis kucinich. 

if you listen to him you will get a head start on being a serf which means you will be ahead of the other serfs.

grl's picture
grl

Long interview and entirely worth it! I am not familiar with Dr. Hudson, I gather from the interview that he is coming from a classical Marxist perspective. I am not sure I would agree with his solutions but I do agree with his analysis and prognosis for the future, at least as much as I heard in this interview. Very, very insightful!

To digress from this thread a bit and not to distract at all from what I think is an interview everyone should listen to - I do want to add one minor point - he mentioned Rick Santelli's rant a few weeks ago and implied that Santelli was blaming the homeowners, at least partially, for the "crisis." I think that is where a lot of folks misunderstand. Santelli, and those who share his sentiment, weren't blaming homeowners - the rant was and is that taxpayer money (yours and mine) is being used, or should I say wasted, to bail out the follies of others. As I posted on this site back when Santelli was all the rage, the mortgage bailout plan was essentially a bank bailout plan.

Thanks for sharing this Linda K. 

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thanks Linda K - it was worth a listen.

Pandabonium's picture
Pandabonium

Excellent interview.  I'll pass it along.  Thanks Linda.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments