Interesting twist?

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sandman3369's picture
Sandman3369
Interesting twist?

I was thinking that in the event that TSHTF who would be left holding the money?

First I thought the Government, but quickly realized it was just a bunch of promises and some gold.  Then I thought it was the Banks, but they're so far underwater they're begging or printing.

One of the articles Davos had up had (a link to) a inverted pyramid with gold at the bottom point.  Makes sense to me.  Just above is the 'hard' paper currency, and I thought "Who else has cash...  drug dealers!" because they won't accept anything else.

What does everyone else think of this?  I mean, didn't the Kennedys bootleg back during prohibition to get where they are?

SPM's picture
SPM
Re: Interesting twist?

LOL. Too controversial for me, I learned my lesson.

Sandman3369's picture
Sandman3369

What?  Don't want to take advantage of the situation to become rich and influential? (by the way, I wasn't implying any of us should DO it!!!).  Rather, I was thinking that this could prove to be a big problem in the future...

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

my friend arly is doing it and he also has a still. you have to think in terms of things people will really want.

i am all in favor of capitalism.....................it would be a refreshing change

Sandman3369's picture
Sandman3369

Small scale is all good.  Capitalism in its true sense is good.  Making your own stuff is good.  Hell, I brew beer, infuse schnapps, etc., but I'm talking the gangs and cartels sitting on pallets of American dollar bills when all the general populace has is a debit card and a job at Subway!  When the electronic currency disappears in a maelstrom of depreciating shadow derivatives who'll be left standing?  

SPM's picture
SPM

I have thought about a small still. Would be good to have in a SHTF. Is there any rules and regs for purchasing one in the states?

Sandman3369's picture
Sandman3369

I believe it depends on the state.  WA it still has a quasi-prohibition state control thing.  I wish I could be more helpful on the legal side of things.

JAG's picture
JAG
Home Distillation of Alcohol

For anyone that is interested, we have collected a few e-publications on Home Distilling in the Community Database, including a web archive of  www.homedistiller.org  .

For more info on the Database project see:

The Definitive Martenson Community Database Thread

Thanks.

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Sandman,

Fruit and/or Wine Distiller - $200
To distill fruit and/or wine to produce fruit brandy and wine spirits.

http://liq.wa.gov/licensing/license_fees.aspx

This extremely vague and erroneous text brought to you by the state government.

To my last knowing, stilling under 550 gallons per year was legal without paying any fees.
If this "license" fee applies to home brewers with no interest in sales/export/resale, well, it's a judgement call you need to make for yourself. Personally, I don't see how the government has any control or say in what you do in your personal life.

Cheers!

Aaron

Glaucus's picture
Glaucus

"One of the articles Davos had up had (a link to) a inverted pyramid with gold at the bottom point.  Makes sense to me.  Just above is the 'hard' paper currency, and I thought "Who else has cash...drug dealers!" because they won't accept anything else."

This is Fekete's position, as outlined in his recent piece here -- http://www.financialsense.com/editorials/fekete/2009/0427.html -- saying, "it is one thing to create electronic money with a click of the mouse; it is quite another thing to print FR notes on real paper and ink.  This is the secret of deflation, and the answer to the much-dated question whether you can have hyperinflation and deflation at the same time.  The answer is that you can, because hyperinflation refers to electronic money that people reject, and deflation refers to FR notes that people hoard."

In other words, stock up not only on gold but on "real paper," just like the pyramid says.

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10

A link to that pyramid would be much appreciated. Never been to Davos' site.

Glaucus's picture
Glaucus

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments