Interesting documentary on PBS on Frontline tomorrow ( tuesday april 24th 2012 )

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
alex123's picture
alex123
Interesting documentary on PBS on Frontline tomorrow ( tuesday april 24th 2012 )

A very good Frontline documentary about the fragile economy today 

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/money-power-wall-street/

Cheers,

Alexandre Galin

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Thanks for the tip, Alex. 

Thanks for the tip, Alex.  Did you get to see the full show already?

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Thanks Alex

Frontline does excellent work.  I'll be watching this.

Travlin 

alex123's picture
alex123
My plesaure   No I haven t

My plesaure

No I haven t seen it yet but have been looking forward to watching it.

If you check out PBS's web site they have lots of Frontline documentaries from the 2008 crisis and even before ( such as ''The warning'' )

Enjoy

alex123's picture
alex123
My plesaure   No I haven t

My plesaure

No I haven t seen it yet but have been looking forward to watching it.

If you check out PBS's web site they have lots of Frontline documentaries from the 2008 crisis and even before ( such as ''The warning'' )

Enjoy

tom.'s picture
tom.
Pretty Much Old News

Good nevertheless ...  Blythe Masters has certainly emerged from the closet acting like butter would melt in her mouth - She deserves no less than what Bernie Madoff got IMO.

Also think Brooksley Born could have received more time as being the single person who could have nipped derivatives in the bud ... instead congress listened to the "Committee to Save The World"  headed by The Mona Loser: 

xraymike79's picture
xraymike79
Not worth watching

This 'Documentary' was torn apart on naked capitalism today:

Frontline's Astonishing Whitewash of the Crisis

Several of my savviest readers wrote expressing disappointment and consternation with the Frontline series on the crisis, “Money, Power, and Wall Street.” The first two parts of the four part series have been released, and it’s probably safe to say that this program is far enough along to be beyond redemption.

It’s a recitation of conventional wisdom, with just enough focus on some of the numerous things the banks and the authorities did wrong so as to make it seem daring for mainstream TV. But anyone who has been on this beat will find the first two segments cringe-making (one advantage I had was that of reading the transcripts, which makes it much easier to parse the construction). Despite the obligatory shots of Occupy Wall Street protestors, displaced homeowners, and stymied officials, much of the story line is remarkably bank-friendly.

tom.'s picture
tom.
Naked Capitalism Wrote:
naked capitalism wrote:

But none of this is explained. Tellingly, there are clips of Brooksley Born, but no mention of her failed effort to regulate CDS. It is instead presented as a benign product that JP Morgan understood (did they sponsor this broadcast? Blythe Masters gets a big promo) and no one else did:

You had to go back to "The Warning" to get the full impact of the congressional mugging of Brooksley Born by Greenspan, Rubin, and Summers ... I agree with N.C. about the Blythe Masters promo ... sickening - she belongs in jail with Dimon and Blankfein.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments