Inside North Korea - exclusive footage

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

A growing group of North Korean dissidents are risking their lives to secretly film inside the repressive regime before smuggling the tapes across the Chinese border to show the outside world what is happening to their countrymen. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fiouWXZ3hbY

land2341's picture
land2341
Re: Inside North Korea - exclusive footage

Wait, I am misunderstanding something here.

The starving woman is tragic,  yes,  but we have them here in the land of the free.

How does the woman pushing and cursing at the cop and calling him an idiot show how they are being repressed?  I don't doubt for one minute that they are,  but were there repercussions against her??  Cops have shot US citizens here for being less aggressive toward them than she was.  What am I not getting here??

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

land

There really isn't a punch line. I just thought it was a human tragedy that will probably come to a head soon. I thought it was encouraging to see some one stand up to the authorities in a country that is so oppressive that it would be more than likely you would be killed for speaking up.

land2341's picture
land2341

It IS encouraging!  And the availability of multimedia makes oppression that much trickier.  Force really does not do the trick as well as it used to.  But, brain washing is so much more efficient these days! Wink

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments