Important Interview - When You Own Gold You Are Fighting Every Central Bank

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
Important Interview - When You Own Gold You Are Fighting Every Central Bank

On Friday CNBC broadcast a remarkable six-minute interview with Jim Rickards, director of market intelligence for McLean, Virginia-based consulting firm Omnis.

Interview: http://www.michaelcovel.com/2009/09/25/dollar-fun/

Rickards was asked to analyze an essay published in Friday's Wall Street Journal by Fed Governor Kevin M. Warsh (yes, the Fed governor who this month acknowledged to GATA that the Fed is concealing records of its gold swap arrangements with foreign banks). That essay can be found here:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142405297020448830457443304105833413...

Rickards construed Warsh's essay to mean that the Fed will be seeking to regulate the gold price closely even as the Fed needs to devalue the dollar by about half over the next 14 years to restore solvency to the United States.

The purpose of the Fed, Rickards remarked, is to inflate the dollar to prop up the banks; claims that the Fed's purpose is to achieve "price stability" are manifestly nonsense. Central bankers, he added, now plan to turn the International Monetary Fund's Special Drawing Rights into the new world reserve currency replacing the dollar, a new round of money printing to create some stability in the world financial system during the dollar's steady but gradual and controlled devaluation.

Rickards said he expects gold to go to $2,000 but added, "When you own gold you're fighting every central bank in the world."

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: Important Interview - When You Own Gold You Are ...

Thanks, John;

That interview was remarkably direct and lucid . . .

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Nice dig John.  If they are planning on trashing the dollar in slow motion you have to ask who made that decision.  Clearly in this case it was made by the Federal Reserve in harmony with the new central bank - the IMF issuing SDRs to gradually replace the dollar.

We accept the fact that our government no longer controls our economy.  The Fed must be ended and we must take back the control of our money.

Larry

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

The fed is in it's death spiral.  Not because of HR 1207 or by the power of the people.  In discussions with persons of knowledge, this plan to introduce SDR's and have the dollar value decline over time is a planned event.  The US Fed has run it's course.  It's value to tptb is very little at this point.  In fact, in my conversations I've recently found that the so called battle that the Fed is waging against it's audit will be minimal.  The auditing of the Fed is a necessary step to bring about the validity of the SDR program.  As we go through this you'll find that the Fed will become a scapegoat throughout the process.  They will use the "abuses" of the Fed to help create a need for a world policy/currency.  

One thing to always keep in mind.  The group in charge are way ahead of the curve/3 steps ahead of the processes in action.  Whatever occurs is what they've allowed to occur.  Remember the above paragraph as we go through the next couple years.  It will follow a path very similar to what I've just described.  

John99's picture
John99

Am in total agreement LogansRun, the world currently unfolding before us has been planned for years upon years. My reading suggests the Fabian Society have been involved in this for decades and their emblematic symbols of the Turtle, and Wolf in Sheep's Clothing, would seem apropos.

If one believes David Icke, the planned domination of Europe started with Herr Hitler and when that failed, it merely shifted over to the European Common Market in the '50's, evolving into the EU today, much like our NAFTA and its subsequent names for the North American Union.

My only hope is that we are growing in awareness of some of  these facts, and that if enough sheeple awake in time perhaps circumvention or prevention might be possible.

I have been trying to warn any who will listen about the global, fiat, debt-based currency believing that if that becomes accepted we are all definitely lost.

Ready's picture
Ready

John,

David Icke does not pass the sniff test for many here (myself included) as credible on many fronts. I would humbly submit that you weaken your arguments by sourcing him as you have.

Best,

R

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
LogansRun wrote:

The fed is in it's death spiral.  Not because of HR 1207 or by the power of the people.  In discussions with persons of knowledge, this plan to introduce SDR's and have the dollar value decline over time is a planned event.  The US Fed has run it's course.  It's value to tptb is very little at this point.  In fact, in my conversations I've recently found that the so called battle that the Fed is waging against it's audit will be minimal.  The auditing of the Fed is a necessary step to bring about the validity of the SDR program.  As we go through this you'll find that the Fed will become a scapegoat throughout the process.  They will use the "abuses" of the Fed to help create a need for a world policy/currency.  

One thing to always keep in mind.  The group in charge are way ahead of the curve/3 steps ahead of the processes in action.  Whatever occurs is what they've allowed to occur.  Remember the above paragraph as we go through the next couple years.  It will follow a path very similar to what I've just described.  

Dead on, LR . . . You heard it here, first, folks . . . . If you support the destruction of the Fed, without being on guard against the "solution", you haven't learned a thing about how to read the tea leaves . . . .

John99's picture
John99

Dear R,

Many thanks. The old stiffer is getting a workout and comments like yours are appreciated! J

LogansRun's picture
LogansRun

J99,

Could you please edit your post concerning Icke?  I don't want this being relocated to the Conspiracy area as this is TOO important to go to the dump.   

I will say, I take DI's info and dissect what to believe and what not to.......as everyone should in every conversation.

The Fed will die.  It will die soon.  In it's wake, you'll see a controlled change to the world FIAT currency that tptb have been moving toward for 100+ years.  How to stop this is the issue.  In all reality, I don't see a change or way to stop it without revolution.  I'm not instigating nor approving of such, but IMO it won't happen unless the people get off their lazy duffs and attack the issues aggressively.  If we don't, I see a very horrible life for my children.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

I agree that the Fed could become a scapegoat.  I don't think they will End the Fed on purpose though they may transform it into something else.

The U.S. dollar is clearly being devalued as the Fed announced that they will keep low interest rates for some months to come.  The dollar will be the global funding instrument in a viscous currency carry trade.  By cutting the value of the dollar in half, they will theoretically reduce future entitlements by the same percentage.  They're flat out monetizing our debt.

I don't think they will be able to smoothly devalue the dollar while bringing SDRs online.  You have to suspect there could be some volatile drops and what happens if gold starts going up again?  The dollar can be borrowed at less than .5%, this could entice people to borrow low and speculate in the gold market. 

Personally, I think auditing the Fed is a ruse at best.  We have to End the Fed and then audit them under RICO statutes.  If we pushed them into an audit they have already said that it would tank our economy.  The U.S. must immediately begin issuing it's own currency to protect itself from the Fed - then go after the international banking cartel.

Larry

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

John99, incredible interview with Jim Rickards; thanks for pointing it out to us.  You know, I think the most incredible thing about that interview, to me, is to hear Rickards discussing the planned (or, rather, "hoped for"!) demise of the dollar in slow stable steps, the move to SDRs, etc.,  being discussed like a mainstram topic on the MSM (CNBC).  I am maybe even more surprised to see how evenly the CNBC broadcasters react to Rickard's perspective!  What a change!

Between recent personal experiences, and observations of mainstream media changes like this, I am starting to think the big bell curve of awareness may be starting to shift more and more into the mainstream.  Really incredidble to see that interview on CNBC!

LR, interesting stuff.   

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
DrKrbyLuv wrote:

I agree that the Fed could become a scapegoat.  I don't think they will End the Fed on purpose though they may transform it into something else.

The U.S. dollar is clearly being devalued as the Fed announced that they will keep low interest rates for some months to come.  The dollar will be the global funding instrument in a viscous currency carry trade.  By cutting the value of the dollar in half, they will theoretically reduce future entitlements by the same percentage.  They're flat out monetizing our debt.

I don't think they will be able to smoothly devalue the dollar while bringing SDRs online.  You have to suspect there could be some volatile drops and what happens if gold starts going up again?  The dollar can be borrowed at less than .5%, this could entice people to borrow low and speculate in the gold market. 

Personally, I think auditing the Fed is a ruse at best.  We have to End the Fed and then audit them under RICO statutes.  If we pushed them into an audit they have already said that it would tank our economy.  The U.S. must immediately begin issuing it's own currency to protect itself from the Fed - then go after the international banking cartel.

Larry

Thanks for your command of the issues and the agenda, Larry . . .

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments