IMF reports global economy may contract - color me shocked

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Onemorecup's picture
Onemorecup
IMF reports global economy may contract - color me shocked

Interesting information just out from the IMF regarding the global economy. The way the information is framed is fascinating. Check out the WSJ for some good economist-speak. My favorite is the first sentence from AFP, "There is danger the fragile global recovery could collapse unless Europe averts sovereign defaults, the United States gets its fiscal house in order and emerging economies prevent overheating, the IMF warned Friday." Oh, is that all we have to do?

This is a side note at the moment, but the stuff of the story is about to have massive impact. And these days the delay from side note to massive impact can be quite short.

Travlin's picture
Travlin
Welcome

Onemorecup

Welcome to the forums.  That is an interesting post.

Travlin 

Damnthematrix's picture
Damnthematrix
URL?
Onemorecup wrote:

Interesting information just out from the IMF regarding the global economy. The way the information is framed is fascinating. Check out the WSJ for some good economist-speak. My favorite is the first sentence from AFP, "There is danger the fragile global recovery could collapse unless Europe averts sovereign defaults, the United States gets its fiscal house in order and emerging economies prevent overheating, the IMF warned Friday." Oh, is that all we have to do?

This is a side note at the moment, but the stuff of the story is about to have massive impact. And these days the delay from side note to massive impact can be quite short.

a URL to the story might have been nice to have.....

SteveW's picture
SteveW
Damnthematrix wrote: a URL
Damnthematrix wrote:

a URL to the story might have been nice to have.....

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2011/06/201161802548542994.html

Onemorecup's picture
Onemorecup
Duh - the links

Brand spanking new to the forum. In my enthusiastic haste to post the topic I forgot to add links.  Thx.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments