If it walks and quacks like a hypocrite then.....

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Davos's picture
Davos
If it walks and quacks like a hypocrite then.....

Definition of Hypocrite: Moron Ben Bernanke

Link

That was the message from the Federal Reserve chairman on Saturday to graduates of the University of South Carolina.

Richer countries tend to have few citizens in deep poverty, he added.

Bernanke and his family should be forced to live here - for the rest of their lives:

It is possible that doing the ethical thing will make you feel, well, unhappy," Bernanke told the graduates. "In the long run, though, it is essential for a well-balanced and satisfying life."

Davos's picture
Davos
Re: If it walks and quacks like a hypocrite then.....

Bernanke and his family should be forced to live here for the rest of their lives....

And if he thinks that doing the right thing is hiring Enron's lobbyist to thwart a Congressional and Senate audit of the Fed then he is truly a deluded hypocrite and that is in addition to being a moron for creating the biggest credit bubble in the history of mankind and then missing the housing crisis and then denying that there even was a bubble.

If I was a parent who paid that tuition I'd have a word with that dean and school president. 

ejanea's picture
ejanea

Extra money doesn't affect happiness if you already have plenty (as  Bernanke has)....

"Money correlates with happiness, but the rate diminishes with more money"

...and so I suppose that people like Bernanke would have no idea how and why the majority of people are happy (or not.)   The lack of control that people have over their lives when they are being manipulated by people like this is a significant part of the problem.  Thank goodness my children were not being indoctrinated by this man.

Davos's picture
Davos
ejanea wrote:

Thank goodness my children were not being indoctrinated by this man.

+1 and it really bothers me that in a sense he is indoctrinating them with the insane liquidity he pumped and all the fallout it created. Like Shakespeare said: "There are no devils in hell, they are all here." 

machinehead's picture
machinehead

Here is my address to the university graduates:

------------

Today, many of you will be receiving academic degrees which are largely useless for any specific occupation other than teaching. In many of your majors, there are many times more graduates than there are available positions in academia.

Education, like health care, is largely a government-financed cartel. Afflicted with vast overcapacity, and threatened with low-cost online competition, it openly lies to its young consumers about the value of its product. Many of them would be better off going directly from high school into vocational training, or getting a two-year associates degree that confers marketable skills associated with job positions.

Many of you are emerging from college with tens of thousands in student loans. The truly monstrous Big Lie you were fed is not being informed that these loans are not dischargeable in bankruptcy. Obviously, some restrictions are needed -- otherwise every graduating student would apply for bankruptcy along with their diploma. But after a reasonable period -- say five to ten years -- people wouldn't frivolously file for debt relief.

But it gets even worse -- if you don't manage to pay off your student loans during your working career, they can and will be offset against your Social Security pension. You could literally end up old and starving, driven to the wall by your merciless creditors. This is the literal definition of indentured servitude.

In its quest for self-preservation, the fat, uncompetitive higher educational sector has turned feral and amoral. Where is the consumer disclosure that you're signing your life away, for a degree of dubious value?

In choosing your life's work, I hope some of you will dedicate yourselves to exposing the Big Lie of Big Education. What do you have to lose, but your clanking chains of debt servitude? [turns to face the gowned administrators arrayed behind him on the dais] BEGONE, USURER SWINE!!!

------------

Well, you can see why they invited Ben Bernanke and not me. By the time I was done, the fresh-faced young grads would have rioted, burnt dear old Alma Mater to the ground, and then 'liberated' the town. Free beer, free love, free education!

machinehead's picture
machinehead

And a final word, delivered at the all-night, post-graduation rave:

"But, you know,” — now with mock indignation — “it’s not a factory. It’s not a mill in the north of England. It’s a rock’n’roll environment.”

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/...

Tongue outLaughingCool

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments