Iceland is making a desperate call for our moral support, right now.

20 posts / 0 new
Last post
John99's picture
John99
Iceland is making a desperate call for our moral support, right now.

Wanted to give more prominence to Barrt's post (under the Iceland thread) as the people of Iceland need our moral support, badly, and right now! Their national referendum vote approaches where the whole nation will vote whether to succumb to the banker's demands or not.

I have a number of dear friends there and last visited days before the collapse. These are hard working, 'salt of the earth' people, whose word is their bond. When the Icesave fiasco happened I tried to explain the false money-as-debt scheme that had destroyed their economy, but my words fell on deaf ears as they felt the moral obligation to repay 'their debts'.

Yet as they began investigating the situation, the scope of the fraud and banker-buddy collusion has come to light, and now the turning of the tide as more and more Icelanders are seeing the debt-slavery manipulation that has been created for them.

Today the banks and their controlled media are pressuring the people to become indebted for ever, while the grass-root movement are calling to us, the people of the world, to give our moral support for the Icelandic people to stand up to the global bankers.

Here is barrt's post asking for us to sign the support petition and email it to our contacts.

Please sign the petition on www.savethepeopleoficeland.com

and email all of your contacts asking them to do the same.

this is the petition organised by Brigitta Jonsdottir and mentioned in the above film clips

Whatever happens to Iceland will happen to us, one at a time, Greece next? Ireland?

docmims's picture
docmims
Re: Iceland is making a desperate call for our moral ...

Iceland has my support.  Tell the banks to kiss off.

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen

Done

Tycer's picture
Tycer

Done

Tycer's picture
Tycer

Done

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

Thank you John99 for reminding us of Iceland's plight.  Rest assured that I am doing what I can to help the brave people of Iceland as we share the same financial tyranny - the international banking cartel.

John99 wrote:

I have a number of dear friends there and last visited days before the collapse. These are hard working, 'salt of the earth' people, whose word is their bond. When the Icesave fiasco happened I tried to explain the false money-as-debt scheme that had destroyed their economy, but my words fell on deaf ears as they felt the moral obligation to repay 'their debts'.

Man, you sure get around!  Do you know if it is difficult to become a resident of Iceland?  In your travels, have you heard of others wondering if Iceland may become a sanctuary of sorts from the governbanks of the west?  

Back to the topic...here is an interesting post from Notsilvia Night  - complete article link

Never before have I gotten so many positive responses as I have gotten over yesterday´s post...I am so grateful that so many of you support what the Icelandic people are trying to achieve:

The preservation of our national sovereignty, by a refusal to the unjust demands of the would be “masters of the universe”, the financial elites represented in the IMF and the British Banking Empire.

I don't mean to speak for this author, but I wanted to clarify who and what the “masters of the universe” and the "British Banking Empire" are, according to my research and opinions.

The British Banking Empire is commonly called the "Crown."  No, it is not under the British "crowned" king or queen but rather the Crown is the sovereign city of London; the "Empire of the City."  The Bank of England is headquartered in the City of London and operates outside of Great Britain proper.  The Crown is no more British than pizza and rap music.  The crown is not subject to the British parliament or regulations - it is in effect a sovereign super-power that owns and controls the central banks of the West, the IMF and the BIS.

Some have asked, what they can do to help.  Well, you can do us Icelanders a big favor:

Please write to our President and thank him for his courageous decision to follow the lead of the people.  Ólafur Ragnar Grimsson is now under enormous pressure by the media and the rest of the Icelandic elites.  The day before he made his decision not to sign, both the Prime Minister and the Minister Finance had send him an urgent letter warning him of the consequences, if he wouldn´t sign.

Here is the official website for the Icelandic President´s office http://www.forseti.is/Skrifstofan/

Another little known fact might see the light of day: It is now estimated that Landsbanki, the mother-corporation of Icesave has got indeed enough assets, which when they are sold slowly will return more than enough money to pay for the reimbursement of the saving-account depositors.

However, after printing themselves enough Pounds or Euros, the British and Dutch governments paid out the depositors of Icesave themselves – immediately, without waiting even until any preliminary numbers were in.  Then they called the whole thing “a loan” to Iceland.

And now the British and Dutch government is blackmailing the Icelandic government into paying back that “loan”, nobody asked them for, with interests and on a long term basis. And of course “repayment” will have to be in Pounds and Euros, which Iceland cannot just print.

Those long term interests, however, will eventually be higher than the original “loan” itself. And while the actual principle of the “loan” can be recovered from Landsbanki´s assets, the interest payments cannot. The rest of the money made, when the assets are sold, will go to the other creditors of Landsbanki, mostly international banks and other financial players.

Nobody can tell me, that Iceland wouldn´t have a serious legal case against that kind of bullying and fraudulent practices.

Here we get to the heart of the matter.  The crown prints money for free in exchange for national debt.  For them, money is a tool to gain promissory notes and collateral.  It is not an exchange mechanism nor a store of any intrinsic value.  Usury and debt slavery by feudal terms.

Larry   

John99's picture
John99

Most excellent! I am so pleased to be associated with the CM site!

Larry, from your post, thought it is a good idea as suggested to email the President of Iceland and congratulate him for not bowing to global pressure and supporting the Icelandic people.

His name is President Ólafur Ragnar Grímsson, and his email address is: [email protected]

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

Done as well and posted into a German forum read by a few thousand people. Germany has a population of 82 million, which is 256 times the population of Iceland. If we'd have to pay the same amount per capita, then it would be an astounding $1.6 trillion. For the United States it would be about 6 trillion.

6.3 billion doesn't sound that much in today's world, but hopefully trillions still do.

CB's picture
CB

Just as an aside, since Haiti is making so much news, it is worh recalling that in 1825 Haiti was foreced to enter into an agreement with France to pay 150 million francs in reparations to cover the cost of French losses resulting from Haiti's war for independence. (a few years earlier the US had made the Louisiana Purchase for 60 million francs - to give some idea of the amount that was requested). This debt was not finally retired until 1947 and Haiti has remained an impoverished backwater. Some of the initial amount was borrowed from French banks - who charged high interest and fees up front - adding to the debt and making it more difficult for Haiti to repay it. A link with more details is here:

http://www.nathanielturner.com/haitimakescaseforreparations.htm

Iceland beware! Just say no! to debt servitude!!

docmims's picture
docmims
CB wrote:

Just as an aside, since Haiti is making so much news, it is worh recalling that in 1825 Haiti was foreced to enter into an agreement with France to pay 150 million francs in reparations to cover the cost of French losses resulting from Haiti's war for independence. (a few years earlier the US had made the Louisiana Purchase for 60 million francs - to give some idea of the amount that was requested). This debt was not finally retired until 1947 and Haiti has remained an impoverished backwater. Some of the initial amount was borrowed from French banks - who charged high interest and fees up front - adding to the debt and making it more difficult for Haiti to repay it. A link with more details is here:

http://www.nathanielturner.com/haitimakescaseforreparations.htm

Iceland beware! Just say no! to debt servitude!!

Along those lines, the demand by France for Germany to pay reparations for World War I lead to the impoverishment of Germany which was the underlying cause of World War II,  Could this be a trend?

rowmat's picture
rowmat
Two videos...

Hook, Line and Sunk! (Click on 'Play Video')
http://www.abc.net.au/foreign/content/2009/s2693259.htm

Once you have watched the Iceland video I suggest you take a very deep breath and watch the next video about the economic collapse of Argentina in 2001 - it's extremely sobering and should be a wake up call for all.
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4353655982817317115#

Debt serfdom used to be the domain of third world countries... not any more.

Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece are all in line for similar outcomes if people don't stand up to this financial terrorism.

barrt's picture
barrt

The Icelandic President accuses England and Holland of financial terrorism

Please sign the petition;

http://www.savethepeopleoficeland.com/

Ken C's picture
Ken C

I signed it just now.

Ken

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Signed. 

James Wandler's picture
James Wandler

Signed.

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

- complete article link

Iceland aims to become haven for investigative journalism 

Parliament to vote on Wikileaks-backed law that would protect sources, guarantee freedom of speech and end libel tourism

Iceland is aiming to become a global haven for investigative journalism, with the country's parliament expected to vote through legislation protecting sources, guaranteeing freedom of speech and ending libel tourism.

Supporters liken the initiative to the offshore financial havens that corporations use to avoid government tax regimes – only for free speech.

Ok, is anyone else besides me wondering if Iceland may become a safe haven for more than journalists? 

rowmat wrote:

Debt serfdom used to be the domain of third world countries... not any more.

Ireland, Spain, Portugal, Italy and Greece are all in line for similar outcomes if people don't stand up to this financial terrorism.

Hello rowmat, thanks for the links.  You make a damed good point.  The scam running now is international and very old, starting with the Bank of England 300 years ago.  The third world has been pillaged for centuries, now it's our turn - or maybe their turn!

Larry

barrt's picture
barrt

Iceland repayment talks collapse

Talks to agree how Iceland will repay more than $5bn of debt it owes to the UK and the Netherlands have broken down without agreement.

In a statement, the UK and Dutch governments said they were "very disappointed that despite all the efforts over the past year and a half, Iceland is still unable to accept our best offer on the Icesave loan".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8537862.stm

Go Iceland! Viking Warriors!

John99's picture
John99

Thanks, barrt for the news link.

I just went to the petition website, http://www.savethepeopleoficeland.com/, and was disappointed to see that there is only 4,263 signatures, where the goal is 20,000.

So, would like to urge CM people who have not signed to please do so.

It is literally 'debt slavery' we are opposing, something that is quickly coming to all of us.

VeganDB12's picture
VeganDB12

done

John99's picture
John99

Thanks, VeganD!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments