Icelan'd collapse mentioned on prime time cable

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wendy S. Delmater's picture
Wendy S. Delmater
Icelan'd collapse mentioned on prime time cable

Much of this evening's Glenn Beck show was on the danger of American hyperinflation. He even referenced the problems in Iceland, and cited their inability to get cheese and meat for their McDonalds with their currency as the reason Iceland had to close their Mickey D’s. What were they going to export, ice? And what do we make any more? All we make is, he suggested, is financial products*, and our money is about to become worthless unless we get our financial house in order.

(*I disagree, by the way: we make entertainment and we are—for the moment, at least—the Saudi Arabia of wheat and corn.) But back to hyperinflation. Beck gets it, as far as that is concerned. Today’s show was the sort of thing that brings people to the CM site to learn the other two Es.

land2341's picture
land2341
Re: Icelan'd collapse mentioned on prime time cable

Iceland handled their collapse MUCH better than we ever could.  Their revolution was calmer than our celebration in Phila over a pennant win!  What do they export?  fish!!  And lots of it.

Britain tried to give then a solid up the ice hole but they refused.  They suffered for it,  but now they can rebuild.  It was my friend in Iceland tht taught me to store items for barter.  His "gold" was feminine hygiene supplies, condoms, cigarettes and booze.  But he said he would have done well with other items taken for granted but truly missed when missing!!

I think maybe coffee.

earthwise's picture
earthwise
Re: Icelan'd collapse mentioned on prime time cable
land2341 wrote:

...............  It was my friend in Iceland tht taught me to store items for barter.  His "gold" was feminine hygiene supplies, condoms, cigarettes and booze.  But he said he would have done well with other items taken for granted but truly missed when missing!!

I think maybe coffee.

Great tip on the barter items. Does your friend suggest other barter items? I might want to stock up on those too!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments