I just heard it...QE3!

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
docrock's picture
docrock
I just heard it...QE3!

Passed by the TV at work and saw a discussion rationalizing QE3 on CNBC...As the dollar index falls....
"Those that do not learn from history and destined to repeat it"

jneo's picture
jneo
Re: I just heard it...QE3!

HAHAh QE3, State of the Union said last night that everything is going to get better?  You think they are telling us a lie?  Hmmm  Sounds fishy.  

More proof that our monetary system is outdated and wasting so much time and resources.  Any monetary attempt at so called "fixing" the problems is more Patch Work.  

ljhaines's picture
ljhaines

Whazza matta, you no likey free money?

guardia's picture
guardia

What? No QE4 yet?

Samuel

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak

I've got a great idea that will solve most of the problems here in the US, and of course therefore the world since they obviously need us so badly. How about we let Bernanke give each household their own currency machine. The money will still be created out of thin air but it will be so much more effective since each person can decide for himself just how much he or she needs each day. Of course the debt ceiling will have to be eliminated, but that has pretty much been the case for a very long time anyway. I'm sure the markets will rise and prosperity will flourish.

SS

Travlin's picture
Travlin
SingleSpeak wrote:

How about we let Bernanke give each household their own currency machine. The money will still be created out of thin air but it will be so much more effective since each person can decide for himself just how much he or she needs each day.

SingleSpeak

That’s crazy!  Everyone would just print all the money they needed to buy everything they want without having to produce real wealth.  That’s stealing from everyone else and will make the dollar worthless.  It’s different though when the Federal Reserve does it so the US Government can buy everything it wants without having the taxes to pay for it.  Oh, wait …

Travlin 

sosMsos's picture
sosMsos

In the perspective of Standard and Poor, the only countries that will have hughe debt problems are those which by law cant expand their balance sheets (like most european countries as Germany Ireland, Greece...).

But Great Britain and  the USA will always get an AAA rating since they can always serve their debts through money printing.

And thats true, if you regard money as a commodity that is just  printed paper. So everybody gets what he was asking for, not more not less.

Who said that there was purchasing power guranteed. so QE is a legit thing.

dshields's picture
dshields

Well, if Fed Gov spending can not be brought in line with revenue, then massive deficits and debt will continue.  If the world is not prepared to loan us enormous amounts of money through the world markets then the Fed Res will have to keep buying the debt or the Fed Gov will default.  Since I see no real signs of Fed Gov spending being reduced in a meaningful way before the 2012 election and after that, depending on the outcome of the election, it still may not be reduced sufficiently to bring it in line with revenue, I guess the Fed Res has to just keep buying the Fed Gov's debt.  It can not go on forever but it can go on for a while.  QE3, called one name or another, looks like it is basically guaranteed.

PP Mazzini's picture
PP Mazzini

This is just more than idle talk.  I originally read this story on Reuters, but can't seem to find it now.  Here is a close approximation of the facts:

http://socioecohistory.wordpress.com/2011/02/02/qe3-%E2%80%9Cmay-get-dis...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments