I fear I crashed!

22 posts / 0 new
Last post
Secretlee's picture
Secretlee
I fear I crashed!

Hi

I logged onto this site for the first time around 8 hours ago. I've spent the day watching the course and first I'd like to say a big thank you to all who have made this possible. It was enlightening to say the least.

My only suggestion is to maybe somehow soften the blow.. or offer some sort of backup type support for people like me! I struggle with fear and I think I am doing very well to overcome it. However, as a person that suffers from this affliction of an overactive mind combined with too little to do, my fear sometimes gets the better of me! (I doubt I am alone in this!)

After watching the course, my mind is BUZZING! I'm having an internal conflict and I cant find anyone just to sound off about all this new information.. that.. as Chris says.. can be either exhilirating or scary. I'm fighting off the fear and finding no relief!

Maybe I should be stronger or better or different.. but I'm not. I'm just me and this is just my suggestion.

I'm scared and I dont want to be. I'm right now looking around for someone to just.. chat with.. someone that is involved, who has been through all this material, but I cant find anyone!! lol maybe i smell or something! More likely, its just the wrong time of day for the other hemisphere (you know, the "up-over" hemisphere as oppossed to the 'down-under' hemisphere) to be online.. but anyway, I fear I'm rambling now.

Thanks once again, I'll be back tomorrow to continue with the exercises.

Secretlee

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: I fear I crashed!

Sectetlee,

Welcome to the forum......

I've sent you a private message...(PM)...

Best,

Paul

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Secretlee,

Welcome and don't be scared. You've come to the right place to help you sort it out - one step at a time.

There is a wealth of information scattered throughout this site and in these forums. Many members started out just like you and found comfort in the warm welcome they received from other site members.

Here is a good forum thread to start with - perhaps you can relate as it is called "At last - I'm not alone!":

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/last-im-not-alone/14018

that1guy's picture
that1guy

Yes, welcome,

I have also responded to your message. I'm sorry I didn't get it sooner.

As hard as it may be, especially in the beginning, don't let fear get the best of you. Use that, and your 'overactive mind' as fuel and motavation to study more on the subjects/issues at hand. There are deffinatly more than enough of them (issues).

By all means leave me a message anytime (goes for anyone really, although I am no one special ). I am on the site fairly often floatng around.....

admin's picture
admin

Secretlee,

A good report to read is Chris' Six Stages of Awareness.  Your reactions are very normal and would be expected for anyone encountering this information for the first time.  Take some time to process it bit by bit, and don't become too overwhelmed.  Lots of good people on the site to offer thoughts and experience.

Ron

jrf29's picture
jrf29

What is to be afraid of?  The worst that can ever happen is that you die and - last time I checked - that always happens anyway.

Edit:  Hmm.  Perhaps I'm not saying this properly.  What I'm trying to say (quite seriously) is that all of life is a process of letting go.  Everything is temporary.  Those around us, if we do not watch them die, then they will watch us do so.  Eventually our own health will fail, as well.  That's the nature of life, and is just as much a part of life as birth.  If one accepts things as they are, then this is the nature of life that one must accept.  Along with the risk of a bumpy ride while we are here: there was never any guarantee that life will be comfortable and pleasant all of the time.

So one must ask themselves: where do the real joys of life come from?  If we want to have durable happiness, should we look for it in the things that are only ever temporary (like our money, and other physical comforts)?  If no, then perhaps true happiness is to be found within us.  Many generations of humans lived in conditions as bad as anything we might concievably fall to.  And yet they were happy.  Surveys conducted today find that people in Ethiopia and other 3rd world nations, on average, tend to be happier than Americans. 

So, as Billy Murray sang in 1921, "If you wake up one morning, with nothing in your purse, don't go around complaining: tomorrow may be worse!"

admin's picture
admin
jrf29 wrote:

What is to be afraid of?  The worst that can ever happen is that you die and - last time I checked - that always happens anyway.

jrf29,

We need to be cognizant that the concept of fear is a very different experience for each person.  As Chris mentions in the Six Stages of Awareness report, he has personally cycled through the fear stage multiple times.  Some people are more naturally comfortable with chaos than others.  Everyone progresses along the path at their own pace.

Ron

that1guy's picture
that1guy
jrf29 wrote:

wow, yes, I am gonna have to echo Ron on this one...

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

You're not alone, Secretlee.

As Ron said, it is normal to experience the fear you are feeling.  Many of us have cycled, and continue to cycle, through that fear. 

Sometimes I have been so scared that my voice has literally shaken when trying to communicate about this to to my friends or family.  Other times I don't feel the fear at all, I just process this information at a cognitive level.  It's funny, but now, f that goes on too long, I actually get angry at myself becauseI have found that's when I start getting too complacent.  While the fear is uncomfortable, it does motivate me to act more aggressively in preparing my family for possible future scenarios. 

Hang on, Secretlee; you've got a community here who understands the nature of what you are going through, and who you can communicate with! 

Welcome!

cat233's picture
cat233

Secretlee,

Hi... Welcome to the site.  You will find you have friends here who will help you along your journey. 

He is another thread that may help you.  I'm scared, what can I do? www.PeakProsperity.com/forum/im-scared-what-can-i-do/12394

Cat

mpelchat's picture
mpelchat

Hello secretlee,

We have all gone through this at one time or another.  The "red pill" does not taste good, it goes down hard, gives you stomach craps, leaves you feeling empty and alone.  Do not worry, you will get through it.  It will take some time to get through the stages of awareness than you can start action.  Once you start that you will be very glad you went down this path.

It helps to dothe following analysis as well

Environment stays same Environment changes in some way
Do nothing Happy What would be Worst and best case senerio
Take action What would you lose (money, time etc.) What would be Worst and best case senerio

this can be expained to many many different actions and envirnment changes, but I would keep is simple to start.

One last thing, and this helps me to read.

1. The Road Not Taken

TWO roads diverged in a yellow wood,
And sorry I could not travel both
And be one traveler, long I stood
And looked down one as far as I could
To where it bent in the undergrowth;         5

Then took the other, as just as fair,
And having perhaps the better claim,
Because it was grassy and wanted wear;
Though as for that the passing there
Had worn them really about the same,         10

And both that morning equally lay
In leaves no step had trodden black.
Oh, I kept the first for another day!
Yet knowing how way leads on to way,
I doubted if I should ever come back.         15

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.         20

Good luck on your path and we will be here to help you through it.

Lakhota's picture
Lakhota

aho secretlee

i too am new to membership although i have been following the discussions on chris m for several months

a portion of my signature block translates to "we are all related" (mitakuye oyasin), you are not alone on this journey as evident by the numerous posts in support

you will do this at your pace with the help of others

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

the best advice i can give you is to not pay any attention to this guy joe2baba

welcome

castlewp's picture
castlewp

Joe, I have to sincerely tell you that I really enjoy your posts.  They crack me up!

becky's picture
becky

Welcome Secretlee!  You are among friends.

The whole Crash Course in one day.  Wow.  That is very impressive.  No wonder your mind is buzzing.

There are plenty of threads for any type of interest or mood.  One that is good if you need to calm the buzzing mind is the one where people discuss music that inspires:

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/those-you-need-little-comfort-inspir...

becky

JAG's picture
JAG
joe2baba wrote:

the best advice i can give you is to not pay any attention to this guy joe2baba

welcome

Thanks Joe, I needed that laugh...though my wife now thinks I'm an idiot for laughing at the computer.

Thanks

Secretlee's picture
Secretlee

WOW!

What can I say? Thank you for the overwhelming support! I feel so welcome! I was a little worried about admitting my fear, but now I see that this is a 'road well travelled'. I have read through all the replies and will definately get to all the suggestions in time.

This too, shall pass.

I'm still buzzing, even after a nights sleep. Its all I can think about. Those graphs... the history... the decisions we've made... its all so much to take in - but being the person I am, overwhelm tends to be fuel for learning rather than defeat. So, with the comforting replies from you all, I will take leave of this message and continue with my journey.

Thank the universe, karma, god, the trees and my heart that still beats. Thank you all. Finally! I am not alone!

Thank you so much. If there is anyone who sees me online and has the time or inclination to chat, please! Any thoughts and comments are so so welcome. Again, a humble thank you to all.

Secretlee

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

no problemo jag

just say this " you are laughing at some idiot on the computer"

joe

A. M.'s picture
A. M.

Mplechat,

Good call on the Robert Frost =)

Secretlee,

Don't think of this as an insurmountable obsticle that will ruin your life: think of it as an opportunity to find a more wholesome way of living. With preparedness, there is no such thing as a small step! Even if we regress 200 years with the problems we face, we can still live relatively humane, decent and appealing lives.

The nature of work will change, and there will be hard times, to be sure. But humans are very adaptable creatures, and time will provide a way, if there is a will to match it.

Cheers, welcome and enjoy the forums. Lots of good information, people and topics around here to ease your mind.

Aaron

stranger's picture
stranger
Beyond fear, to what it signifies... the answer to fear...

My way around fear is to look inside and find that my love for fellow man is far deeper than any fear , findiing that love deep in our hearts gives us peace no matter what this civilisation which is now failing us throws our way ...   fear can be unmasked by simply realising that it is only a symptom, that it exists only because one does not know enough about whatever one is afraid of ... we live in an age , which for all its failures which may indeed cost us our lives, it does indeed also provide more access to information than has ever been available before, we can find out , albeit sadly too slowly and already too late imho  ... so fear can be an excellent thing if it finally causes us to seek the truth , come to terms with what is wrong with our world and ourselves and turn around to face what life is about and indeed what death is about...  there are several forms of hope beyond death through belief in love...

In many ways the symptoms discussed in this course can be traced back even further to greed in mankind that has caused capitalism, wih its now-empty valuue system [money from nothing fr nothing], to finally come to dominate our world .

Simplifying on the wrong values and so decimating nature, for just short-sighted money gain, even formalising inequality and injustice in treading down of the meek and weak, making wars for more money for the few who truly need no more , making men ill by inactivity of mechanised lives, and folks stressed-out through the now-worldwide exponential rat-race , this we call 'progress' ???   ... and all for just a century or so in its final acceleration of gulping easy cheap oil and disregarding what happens now it's gone .

We have already burned up all the easy-to get means to make our future great, and instead downloaded on ourselves and future generations a burden that none can possibly bear without extremely rapid change: - change which men have always proved incapable of , chnaging our very psyche to a life of sharing, equality, justice, caring ... 

There was more than enough in our world for everyone to live wondrful loving lives with enough for all , but we not only let greed spoil that for everyone , but even now we are letting greed  accelerate out of control, with so much world power that no one man can stop it and the masses are disenfranchised so much that even most politicians are controlled completely by the system  ... even fear, then, will not stop it , and when nature can no longer feed even the rich and people realise the mistake of not being loving , not caring for all on the planet, then it is only because it finally failed utterly - it had to fail  before masses would come to admit that the better way was there in their hearts, that they guiltily ignored consciences about it all their stressed lives and taught their children how to live within it...

I say then let fear drive us to at least know ourselves , to know that we most have betrayed the love within us, and thus we face early death now knowing that most never even troubled to know ourselves first before committing to a system based upon deceit, that this  is  why we destroyed so beautiful a gift as our world.

All threatened now , yet for nothing but the empty value system of money which we let run our lives...  a system rooted in exploiting greed, in taking interest even from the poor to pay yet more to those who really have no need [bar the love inside they deny] - a system which automatically destroys lives, because the money to pay interest and repay loans squeezes capital , so that a certain number are continually repossessed automatically , vastly more so in slumps  ... and all  just for sake of ensuring that the world that slaves ever-faster  continues in ever-escalating debt to the few who make vast money from nothing for nothing!

Can one say mankind is inane, foolish, to allow the world to be stolen from the many who work, tjust to be given for nothing to the ultra-greedy lazy few ... those few who sieze power in order to make the rules, so that this almost incredible automated robbery is made legal ? 

It is not inanity of teh masses though , but rather just professional disinformation , propaganda, lies in place of truth at the heart of how our lives are run ... yet why should we be surprised or afraid when the inevitable consequences of attempting infinite growth in a finite world decimate both the system , together with all the billions now very dependent upon it, almost all no longer knowing how to live without the system and most no longer even having enough time to learn how and why before it ends... 

One might then do better to regret not valuing the love within more than empty-valued modern money...regret faalling for the lies enough to fight for the truth to be at least known whilst we can do so meaningfully , but as it is we are still planning accelelerating back the wrong way as soon as the old system can be restored ... teh current expressed plan of  those we voted to be in charge of our lives ... but look where the funds for their election campaigns come from and where they learned their trade as politicians... the system has power evolved over millenia to stop anyone taking it down, and that means resistance in every possible way to the truth ... the time is too short in which to overcome the deluge of spin of the system.

I started twenty years ago ,when there was perhaps a chance for mankind to shed its greed and learn from these terrible mistakes we have committed to ... people will now begin to listen more as the slump bites deeper , but nature is terminally wounded alraedy in losing critical species in its web  , the earth already committed to catastrophic climate changes because we cannot even act on watered-down world consensus [like the IPCC] ... the red lights are flashing all around and still most believe in the old ways, and the system is raedy to fuel that faith at every turn... until it fails , and takes all with it ...

I would submit then that this course should deal with the spiritual battle too then,  because the love within cannot lose and no-one can win without this trip within to find that love is more importantant than money ,more imporant than this life, more important that this earth... one can get nowhere without coming to see that , even inthe limited objectives of this [imho, belated] course.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

Welcome, Secretlee!

No need to fear; we are all in this together, sorting through data and figuring things out, just as you are. I doubt there is anyone here who hasn't felt some degree of apprehension.

For what it may be worth, it is my suspicion that (barring a serious epidemic) things will not come tumbling down suddenly; rather, that there will be a slow slide into something different than what we now know. There is time to prepare, to make peace, etc. And, in many ways, the world which we may encounter in the future, while different, may be more wholesome than the one to which we have become accustomed.

Anyway, come back regularly, learn what you can, and ask questions. There are a number of very intelligent and insightful people here. You will find your way!

Oh, and don't pay any attention to joe2baba; he wasn't kidding about that! You probably shouldn't listen to that surgeon character, either, come to think of it...

Secretlee's picture
Secretlee

Hi Everyone!

Wow! What a ride this has been! My fear is but a distant memory! Thank you all for helping me through the initial stages. I've passed the site on to a few friends and family and it has been as shocking for them as it has been for me. Not one of them, however, have turned away. All of us are now formulating plans and to be honest? I am damn well EXCITED for the future! BRING IT ON!!!!

I felt so alone before I came to this site. The world felt like a big pointless depressing place with nothing but doom and gloom on the horizon. I was profoundly depressed. The information given here, plus a little research of my own, has shocked me right out of my silly depression and given me hope and purpose.

All of a sudden, someone like me can make a difference! All of a sudden, there is so much purpose to my life. I'm not scared any more, I'm exhilirated!

Thank you all once again. This site is becoming my second home. Today though... I will begin the very first steps of my plan. Little bit by little bit, I will get there and I'll be having immense fun along the way.

Again.. I cant thank you all enough. Secretlee. ;-))

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments