Humor: The Medical Profession speaks out on the Financial Bail-Out Package

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
Humor: The Medical Profession speaks out on the Financial Bail-Out Package

The allergists voted to scratch it, and the dermatologists advised not to make any rash moves.

The gastroenterologists had sort of a gut feeling about it, but the neurologists thought the administration had a lot of nerve, and the obstetricians felt they were all laboring under a misconception.

The ophthalmologists considered the idea shortsighted; the pathologists yelled, "Over my dead body!" while the pediatricians said, 'Oh, Grow up!'

The psychiatrists thought the whole idea was madness, the radiologists could see right through it, and the surgeons decided to wash their hands of the whole thing.

The internists thought it was a bitter pill to swallow, and the plastic surgeons said, "This puts a whole new face on the matter."

The podiatrists thought it was a step forward, but the urologist felt the scheme wouldn't hold water.

The anesthesiologists thought the whole idea was a gas, and the cardiologists didn't have the heart to say no.

In the end, the proctologists left the decision up to the asses in  Washington.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
Re: Humor: The Medical Profession speaks out on the ...

Nice!

songbird's picture
songbird

Thanks, Sam

In the midst of all the bad news we keep getting, a little humor now and then is really appreciated! 

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba

i am glad to see you are taking my advice and remembering that the purpose of thsi site is for hard core facts and analysis.

not for frivolous mumbo jumbo . this has made the current situation much clearer to me thank you sam

nhubble's picture
nhubble

Excellent, I wonder if the Mogambo Guru would enjoy it particularly.

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10

Just what is the current situation, Joe?

Set's picture
Set

Thanks for the laugh Sam.

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

I'm reminded by my favorite doctor joke; nothing to do with the economy, but it is kinda funny, and highlights the stereotypical differences between specialties:

Four doctors are out duck hunting, a radiologist, an internist, a surgeon, and a pathologist.

The first duck flies over, the radiologist stands, points his shotgun, but hesitates, saying "skeletal structure is consistent with a duck, but I recommend clinical correlation", and the duck flies past.

A second duck flies over, and the internist stands, points his shotgun, but hesitates, saying "it could be a duck, but I need to rule out goose, swan, etc.", and the duck flies past.

A third duck flies over, the surgeon immediately stands, and "BLAM, BLAM, BLAM". He then turns to the pathologist, and says "I got it, it got it! Now, go tell me what it was!"

Sorry for the intrusion... 

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
ccpetersmd wrote:

I'm reminded by my favorite doctor joke; nothing to do with the economy, but it is kinda funny, and highlights the stereotypical differences between specialties:

Four doctors are out duck hunting, a radiologist, an internist, a surgeon, and a pathologist.

The first duck flies over, the radiologist stands, points his shotgun, but hesitates, saying "skeletal structure is consistent with a duck, but I recommend clinical correlation", and the duck flies past.

A second duck flies over, and the internist stands, points his shotgun, but hesitates, saying "it could be a duck, but I need to rule out goose, swan, etc.", and the duck flies past.

A third duck flies over, the surgeon immediately stands, and "BLAM, BLAM, BLAM". He then turns to the pathologist, and says "I got it, I got it! Now, go tell me what it was!"

Sorry for the intrusion... 

Doc,

Stories that make us laugh are never an intrusion! Thanks for sharing.  Laughing

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments