HR 875 Stopping Organic Gardens?

1 post / 0 new
memorrison's picture
memorrison
HR 875 Stopping Organic Gardens?

I received an email that was a little worrisome. It talks about contacting our representatives to stop HR 875- they state that if the bill passes, organic farmers could be in jeopardy and even our gardens at our own residence could be in trouble......   Seemed a little extreme for me so I went to the bill at :

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/billtext.xpd?bill=h111-875

I only had a chance to skim over the bill and did not find any reference to "organic" gardens, and I was unclear on the purpose of the bill. It looked like more federal regulations due to the recent E-Coli outbreaks and related outbreaks.  I admit, I have not spent a lot of time reading or trying to understand the bill.

I thought I would post it here to see if anyone has done any work relating to this bill.  If the accusations (in the email I received) are accurate, all of us should be concerned.  I am just a little skeptical of the email.  If true, the White House may have some trouble with the new garden......haha

I did see that the bill was introduced by Rosa DeLauro whose husband works for Monsanto. That alone raises a caution flag for myself -----  

Anyone else read about this bill? 

Login or Register to post comments