HR 1207 bill

46 posts / 0 new
Last post
investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
HR 1207 bill

The people  have the right to know where the money went! Contact your congress and demand transparency on what the banks have done with our money. 

http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=12517

that1guy's picture
that1guy
Re: HR 1207 bill

I sent an email to my horrible congressman, and Ill send more, lol.

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
11 trillion lost in the last 3 months

This is why we need to know where the banks are taking our money.  

http://www.slate.com/id/2213705/

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
HR 1207 Co-sponsorship Skyrockets: Companion Bill in Senate
Ron Paul's "Federal Reserve Transparency Act" to audit the Federal Reserve is now up to 39 co-sponsors in the House, and an identical companion bill, S604, has been introduced in the Senate. Here are the House co-sponsors:

Young (R-AK), McClintock (R-CA), Woolsey (D-CA), Rohrabacher (R-CA), Castle (R-DE), Stearns (R-FL), Grayson (D-FL), Buchanan (R-FL), Posey (R-FL), Kingston (R-GA), Price (R-GA), Broun (R-GA), Abercrombie (D-HI), Burton (R-IN), Fleming (R-LA), Alexander (R-LA), Bartlett (R-MD), McCotter (R-MI), Bachmann (R-MN), Peterson (D-MN), Akin (R-MO), Taylor (D-MS), Rehberg (R-MT), Jones (R-NC), Foxx (R-NC), Garrett (R-NJ), Heller (R-NV), DeFazio (D-OR), Platts (R-PA), Duncan (R-TN), Wamp (R-TN), Blackburn (R-TN), Poe (R-TX), Paul (R-TX), Marchant (R-TX), Burgess (R-TX), Chaffetz (R-UT), Petri (R-WI), Kagen (D-WI), Lummis (R-WY)

32 Republicans and 7 Democrats so far.  [Urge your Representative to co-sponsor] [Discuss here]

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
The real problem here...

Hi Michael,

It's great to see you here posting more, so please don't take this the wrong way!

What strikes me more than anything else is that a man in Germany is far better-informed about the most important issues affecting American politics and the future of America's economy than the vast majority of Americans I know. More to the point, when I try to chat up the Americans I encounter, they are generally unwilling to listen or exhibit any bona fide interest in educating themselves about the historic current events that could very realistically lead to a soviet-style economic collapse of our entire nation!

If some guy in Germany "gets it" and cares enough about our economy to educate himself on what's going on and what the important issues are, why the hell don't Americans care about this? I mean, can you believe this??? Some guy in Germany knows exactly which congressional representatives are supporting Ron Paul's attempts to save our nation, but nobody here in the USA seems to give a rat's ass. Go out and ask 100 people you encounter on the street what they think of Ron Paul's transparency bill. If you can find more than 1 or 2 people out of 100 who've even heard of it, you're hanging out in the company of more politically aware people than I encounter!

I think the guy in the video in today's daily digest comments (the guy dressed up like a revolutionary war patriot) hit the nail on the head: We the people have become complacent cowards, unwilling to stand up and demand that our Congress be accountable to us, the people. Sure, we all bitch about the economy, but virtually nobody is doing anything about it. Unless this bubble of complacency pops, I'm convinced that our nation is doomed.

Erik

KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN

Hi Erik,Here is my opinion on why.  Well a simple answer is the dumbing down of Americans via mainstream media Television for the last 50 years.  It is the systematic and clever programming that N. Americans have been exposed to in both the Education system as well as TV/Movies.  It's more than just dumbing down, it is a form of brainwashing (control) where people actually believe mainstream media sources and they allow and trust the government to do all their thinking for them.  Even when the truth is staring them in the face, they just can't see it as they don't recognize it.  Their reality has been forged by the Networks and it is pretty hard to bend steel. Most Americans don't even know who Ron Paul is, but they know who won American Idol and the runner up and what Paula thought of the performance.  Sad but true.   People talk about individual accountability and that people should stand up and do something.  It’s not that people are too lazy or cowards, it is because they don’t see it.  They are operating under a form of mind control.

All the best,

Kirsty

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne

Kirsty,

You are totally correct and sadly enough the situation is in no way different in Germany. There is the same BS on TV, the same filtered news and the same documentaries showing history in the way it should be seen. Just as you said, the people don't see the problem. And in fact, when looking out of the window everything seems quite normal. Sure, some people have lost their jobs and GDP decline is now forecasted at 6 or 7% this year, but it seems that people have to be personally involved in major trouble to understand the situation.

Brainwashing is an ongoing process in our countries and there are numerous people arguing that something is true because "they have seen it on TV". There is no questioning, no individual opinion, no research. People think that they cannot change anything and that government will do its best to help us. I do not agree on this, but MSM exactly proclaims these messages, and it seems that TSHTF has to start in order to change it.

Nevertheless I'm trying to make a change today and promote the liberty movement as good as I can.

Erik,

I'm not getting it wrong. Being a guy in Germany is actually correct and I understand what you are saying. It's important to know that Germany and many other states do depend on the U.S., whether we like it or not. So it is necessary to educate ourselves about what happens in your country, because it severely affects us. Not too much people understand it or are willing to even think about it. They just look at the stock market and say "hey, what a great rally. The crisis is over, let's go investing.".

Just look at the gold and silver prices of the last days. You could argue that the price is manipulated, but it just seems that major amounts previously invested in gold and silver are now sold and put into stocks. While you can benefit if you have a good strategy, the majority of private investors will suffer again, making the following downturn even worse.

Even if they don't invest, they will likely see it as a sign that the worst part of the crisis is over. Only few know that it hasn't even started here.

I really hate the stock market, especially calls, puts, shorts, longs and any other kind of derivatives. This is gambling and an entire industry is working on making money with money. If we would simply allow the buying and selling of stocks, but discontinue everything else, then we would get rid of many jobs in the financial sector. Instead of telling how bad that is, it should be seen as a required move to a sound market (well, at least better than today). You need a license for most kind of gambling when money is involved. Wall Street is the biggest gambling facility ever seen in history and it often seems that they are cheating. Yet there is almost no control and the looting continues.

It's outrageous and it will take years if not decades to change peoples' minds. We may have to once more rewrite history and starting to tell the truth. Until that happens publically, we can only share our thoughts and make ourselves morons in the eyes of most others. I don't have a major problem with the latter though.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
Ron Paul Updates Supporters on HR 1207

grl's picture
grl

Gotta love Dr. Paul....ever the optimist. He is truly a courageous man. And Michael, thanks for this post.

It will be very interesting to see what happens if this bill makes the floor, who votes for it... and mostly, who doesn't and their justifications for their "nay."

DrKrbyLuv's picture
DrKrbyLuv

A 'fax bomb" is set for this Friday - hope everyone participates. 

is organizing this event at the Daily Paul

Larry

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
HR 1207: Now 44 cosponsors

Five more cosponsors recently:

3/23/2009: Nathan Deal (GA), Trent Franks (AZ), Pete Sessions (TX)
3/24/2009: Jeff Miller [FL-1], Roy Blunt [MO-7]

Taken from http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=14215 and http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=14215.

As far as I know, there are 435 members in the House of Representatives, so with 44 cosponsors and Ron Paul being the 45th, there now is more than 10% support for H.R. 1207. Wasn't that about the critical number that has to be reached in order to start changing things?

Keep bugging your representatives!

4xtech's picture
4xtech

Thanks for this post. It just so happens that my congressman is in town on saturday and will be doing a town hall meeting at our local high school. 

He will be discussing "how your economic recovery dollars are going to work in Washington state and on the President's plans to address the housing
crisis, help our economy recover and invest in our nation's
priorities"

That is his quote from his email i received.

I think I will print up a 100 or so of the flyer in the above post  and hand them out.

PS. I just checked his name is not listed as one of the co sponsors.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

4xtech: I strongly encourage you to take this action. You have a wonderful opportunity to inspire everyone in the room and inspire the real political will that we need, as opposed to the political will that Geithner and Bernanke are begging for. My suggestion would be to think of, and refine an "elevator speech" of sorts that would allow you to pose a question to the representative in front of everyone. Challenge your representative and see if they even understand the history and mechanics of the Fed!

Good luck!

DurangoKid's picture
DurangoKid

Re: HR 1207  see Hell, chances of snowballs in

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
HR 1207 bill now has 46 Co-Sponsors

Two more co-sponsors joined on 3/26/2009:

Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7]
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13]

Ron Paul’s Bill To Audit The Federal Reserve Now Has 46 Co-Sponsors!

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Re: HR 1207 bill now has 46 Co-Sponsors

Thanks for keeping us updated Michael. Nice to know that we are really taking action as well as keeping people informed. Smile

gtazman's picture
gtazman

I just emailed my congressman (Sensenbrenner R-WI), surprized he is not a co-sponsor yet.  He usually votes NO as much as Dr. Ron Paul.  Representatives can be found by going to link: https://writerep.house.gov/writerep/welcome.shtml 

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
HR 1207 bill now has 49 Co-Sponsors!

Three more representatives joined on 3/30:

Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11]
Rep Paulsen, Erik [MN-3]
Rep Terry, Lee [NE-2]

See also the complete list on www.ronpaul.com.

If I'm correct that the House of Representatives has 435 members, then together with Ron Paul himself, we now see 11.5% of all representatives officially supporting the bill. I'm pretty sure there are more wanting to join, but still need some additional pressure, e.g.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
HR 1207 bill now has 55 Co-Sponsors!

Six more representatives joined on 3/31 and 4/1: 

Rep Capito, Shelley Moore [WV-2]
Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31]
Rep Ellison, Keith [MN-5]
Rep Slaughter, Louise McIntosh [NY-28]
Rep Waxman, Henry A. [CA-30]
Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1]

See the complete list on www.ronpaul.com.

sensei's picture
sensei
Re: HR 1207 bill now has 55 Co-Sponsors!

Waxman signed?  Wow.

DurangoKid's picture
DurangoKid

The Federal Reserve System is not a government agency.  It is a consortium of private banks.  As a private institution, we can expect it to fight this regulation tooth and nail in the courts.  They will most likely win.  Until then, this bill faces major hurdles in the House and Senate banking committiees.  Don't expect any help there.  When it goes down in defeat, the supporters will likely cluck their tongues and shake their heads.  Inwardly, they'll heave a sigh of relief that it didn't pass. 

If it does pass, the neo-liberals in charge of the Fed will likely go on as they have been.  Yes, you can now see what's going on here, but what are you going to do about it?  We have the cards, the chips, the table, the beer, the pretzels.  So what if the cards are face up?  We always win and you can't even get into the game!

Rather than rely on a Congress that is virtually owned by the Federal Reserve, why not start preparing now for a new local monetary system of value based currency under democratic control? 

There's no reforming the Fed.  Imagine keeping a tiger shark in your pool.  Convert it to vegetarianism by feeding it tofu.  Do you still want to go swimming with it?  By its nature, the Fed is an instrument of monetary feudalism.  Its goal is debt peonage.  It's no more reformable than that shark in your pool.

Reuben Bailey's picture
Reuben Bailey

DurangoKid,

While I agree that the chances of reform are slim, it does not hurt to try this road - even it's defeat will bring more chances that some will see what is really happening.  The more they are exposed, the less good they look, and the more obvious the flaws become to everyone.

All the best,

Reuben

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
58 co-sponsors (HR 1207 bill)

On 4/2/2009, three more reps joined:

Rep Fallin, Mary [OK-5]
Rep Smith, Lamar [TX-21]
Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3]

Total official support is now at 13.5%. If as many reps join in the future as in the past, then it will take 4 months until 50% of the house of representatives are co-sponsors.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
H.R. 1207: 91 Co-sponsors!

Rep Abercrombie, Neil [HI-1] - 2/26/2009
Rep Akin, W. Todd [MO-2] - 3/19/2009
Rep Alexander, Rodney [LA-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Bachmann, Michele [MN-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Baldwin, Tammy [WI-2] - 4/21/2009
Rep Bartlett, Roscoe G. [MD-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Bilbray, Brian P. [CA-50] - 4/21/2009
Rep Bishop, Rob [UT-1] - 4/21/2009
Rep Blackburn, Marsha [TN-7] - 3/16/2009
Rep Blunt, Roy [MO-7] - 3/24/2009
Rep Brady, Kevin [TX-8] - 4/22/2009
Rep Broun, Paul C. [GA-10] - 2/26/2009
Rep Buchanan, Vern [FL-13] - 3/17/2009
Rep Burgess, Michael C. [TX-26] - 3/19/2009
Rep Burton, Dan [IN-5] - 2/26/2009
Rep Capito, Shelley Moore [WV-2] - 4/1/2009
Rep Carter, John R. [TX-31] - 3/31/2009
Rep Castle, Michael N. [DE] - 3/17/2009
Rep Chaffetz, Jason [UT-3] - 3/6/2009
Rep Cole, Tom [OK-4] - 4/21/2009
Rep Culberson, John Abney [TX-7] - 3/26/2009
Rep Deal, Nathan [GA-9] - 3/23/2009
Rep DeFazio, Peter A. [OR-4] - 3/9/2009
Rep Doggett, Lloyd [TX-25] - 4/21/2009
Rep Duncan, John J., Jr. [TN-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Ehlers, Vernon J. [MI-3] - 4/21/2009
Rep Fallin, Mary [OK-5] - 4/2/2009
Rep Fleming, John [LA-4] - 3/18/2009
Rep Foxx, Virginia [NC-5] - 3/10/2009
Rep Franks, Trent [AZ-2] - 3/23/2009
Rep Garrett, Scott [NJ-5] - 3/5/2009
Rep Gingrey, Phil [GA-11] - 3/30/2009
Rep Gohmert, Louie [TX-1] - 4/23/2009
Rep Graves, Sam [MO-6] - 4/22/2009
Rep Grayson, Alan [FL-8] - 3/11/2009
Rep Heller, Dean [NV-2] - 3/6/2009
Rep Herger, Wally [CA-2] - 4/21/2009
Rep Inglis, Bob [SC-4] - 4/23/2009
Rep Jenkins, Lynn [KS-2] - 4/23/2009
Rep Johnson, Sam [TX-3] - 4/22/2009
Rep Johnson, Timothy V. [IL-15] - 4/23/2009
Rep Jones, Walter B., Jr. [NC-3] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kagen, Steve [WI-8] - 2/26/2009
Rep Kaptur, Marcy [OH-9] - 4/23/2009
Rep Kingston, Jack [GA-1] - 3/6/2009
Rep Lamborn, Doug [CO-5] - 4/21/2009
Rep Latham, Tom [IA-4] - 4/21/2009
Rep Lucas, Frank D. [OK-3] - 4/21/2009
Rep Luetkemeyer, Blaine [MO-9] - 4/21/2009
Rep Lummis, Cynthia M. [WY] - 3/19/2009
Rep Manzullo, Donald A. [IL-16] - 4/21/2009
Rep Marchant, Kenny [TX-24] - 3/11/2009
Rep Massa, Eric J. J. [NY-29] - 4/22/2009
Rep McCaul, Michael T. [TX-10] - 4/21/2009
Rep McClintock, Tom [CA-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep McCotter, Thaddeus G. [MI-11] - 3/19/2009
Rep Miller, Jeff [FL-1] - 3/24/2009
Rep Olson, Pete [TX-22] - 4/21/2009
Rep Paulsen, Erik [MN-3] - 3/30/2009
Rep Pence, Mike [IN-6] - 4/21/2009
Rep Peterson, Collin C. [MN-7] - 3/19/2009
Rep Petri, Thomas E. [WI-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Platts, Todd Russell [PA-19] - 3/19/2009
Rep Poe, Ted [TX-2] - 2/26/2009
Rep Posey, Bill [FL-15] - 2/26/2009
Rep Price, Tom [GA-6] - 3/10/2009
Rep Rehberg, Denny [MT] - 2/26/2009
Rep Roe, David P. [TN-1] - 4/21/2009
Rep Rohrabacher, Dana [CA-46] - 3/6/2009
Rep Rooney, Thomas J. [FL-16] - 4/22/2009
Rep Sessions, Pete [TX-32] - 3/23/2009
Rep Shimkus, John [IL-19] - 4/22/2009
Rep Smith, Adam [WA-9] - 4/22/2009
Rep Smith, Lamar [TX-21] - 4/2/2009
Rep Stark, Fortney Pete [CA-13] - 3/26/2009
Rep Stearns, Cliff [FL-6] - 3/6/2009
Rep Taylor, Gene [MS-4] - 3/6/2009
Rep Terry, Lee [NE-2] - 3/30/2009
Rep Thompson, Glenn [PA-5] - 4/22/2009
Rep Wamp, Zach [TN-3] - 3/16/2009
Rep Westmoreland, Lynn A. [GA-3] - 4/2/2009
Rep Wittman, Robert J. [VA-1] - 4/1/2009
Rep Woolsey, Lynn C. [CA-6] - 2/26/2009
Rep Young, Don [AK] - 3/6/2009

See http://www.ronpaul.com/2009-04-22/history-in-the-making-ron-pauls-bill-to-audit-the-federal-reserve-now-has-71-co-sponsors/

jerrydon10's picture
jerrydon10
Re: The real problem here...
ErikTownsend wrote:

I think the guy in the video in today's daily digest comments (the guy dressed up like a revolutionary war patriot) hit the nail on the head: We the people have become complacent cowards, unwilling to stand up and demand that our Congress be accountable to us, the people. Sure, we all bitch about the economy, but virtually nobody is doing anything about it. Unless this bubble of complacency pops, I'm convinced that our nation is doomed.

Erik

Yes, and the complacency will not pop in the U.S. until it is forced to pop.

We Americans are rich and lazy. Heck, I drive a newer car, have computers everywhere, central air and heat are preprogrammed, I dress nice, take my girl to the nicest restaurants, have a 60 inch big screen by the fireplace, a nice, cushy job, TVs and ceiling fans are in every room, a motor home is here when I feel like hitting the road........What more could we want?

Who wants that status quo to change?

Karl Marx was wrong when he stated that religion is the opiate of the people. Riches, comfort, wealth and greed are the lulling drugs.

But the status quo is changing and I don't believe this opiate will wear off the populace until Joe Sixpack feels the heat big time and becomes conviced it's real, his lifestyle is changing and it is not just some bubble popping on a graph somewhere but he is permenantly in his new reality,

Then a sleeping giant will suddenly sit up and have a good look around. I just hope there is enough time left to do something about it after it awakens.

Michael Höhne's picture
Michael Höhne
100 Co-sponsors! (HR 1207 bill)

Ron Paul’s bill to audit the Federal Reserve (HR 1207) now has 100 co-sponsors, and the numbers keep growing!

This is history in the making, and victory is within reach. Imagine what will happen if HR 1207, The Federal Reserve Transparency Act, comes up for vote in Congress! With 23% of Congress already co-sponsoring this bill, it has real potential to pass — BUT only if we educate and rally the people to support it and get our Congresspeople to put it to vote and pass it.

There is clearly some growing momentum here.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Hello everyone,

I figured that this thread was due for a BIG update. We are now up to 149 cosponsors as of May 11! See here:  http://www.thomas.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/D?d111:18:./temp/~bdaE4a:@@@P|/bss/|

Mike

joe2baba's picture
joe2baba
Re: 100 Co-sponsors! (HR 1207 bill)

ah what an odd role for joe 2baba the voice of reason.

i have never made a dime in the stock market of course i never lost a dime either i dont gamble. kinda like life i just want to break even.

however it will take 60 votes in the senate.................end game is obama vetoes it. he has already said he is not about to question the fed.

sorry michael but this has as much chance as the proverbial snowball.

i will take all the action i can get on this.

if this passes and the big o signs it i will publicly drop mt shorts on this site ( maybe with the help of the resident genius artist)

either way i win .................my kinda gamblin

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

Joe, not sure if you saw the Daily Digest today, but the senate has just passed an Amendment that includes remove the laws that blocks the GAO from auditing the Fed's bailout activities with the big banks. This is not quite a sweeping transparency act and the House would have to approve the Senate's Amendment, but the bill did pass 95-1 in the Senate. So far so good.

Mike Pilat's picture
Mike Pilat

133 Republicans + 23 Democrats = 156 Cosponsors!

KKPSTEIN's picture
KKPSTEIN

Random thoughts... I was looking back over the last 15 months and reviewing the you tube coverage of Ron Paul at the Presidential debates and I am so disgusted at his treatment by mainstream media.  They did absolutely everything they could to marginalize and disenfranchise his efforts.  Their tactics are so obvious.  The cool thing is about the truth is that you can't hide it forever.  It always has its special way of ringing true with people and the message lives on and gets spread via other ways and in the oddest of places. I'm so thankful for people like Ron Paul.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments