How our government and the rich stole us blind

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
How our government and the rich stole us blind

If you would like to see how over the last 30 years the 99% got screwed, Bill Moyers has an excellent series.

billmoyers.com/episode/on-winner-take-all-politics/

eexpo's picture
eexpo
winner-take-all politics

Jacob Hacker and Paul Pierson are modern day' Paul Revere 'mercinaries trying to create a diagnosis to our issues of the century.There are root causes as to why the top tenth of a percent  of incomes are left unscathed after the latest symptoms of economic unravelings.(since 2007)Awareness is created in their book of just how insideous this rot is as well as some slight glimmer of hope. I personally feel deep anger which may be a collective consciousness as time rolls through the process of change ahead of us.After all as the authors ask the question of  how is it that the "have- it -alls" have been " able to shift  the risks of their new economic playground downward,saddling America with greater debt, tearing new holes in the safety net, and imposing broad financial risks on Americans as workers,investors, and taxpayers" ? This seems to take a toll on  freedoms I have assumed are playable even in winner-take -all politics.I personally don't like the the position of the pawn.

land2341's picture
land2341
Insidious rot

Every day I hope and pray that the real Tea Party Activists and the real OWS activists recognize that they are trying to fight the same rot.

If they could get past the divide and cooperate to wrest the government out of the hands of the uber rich self interests and corporations they can argue about the extent of governance through the democratic system the founders designed.

But, first we nee to get big money out...  Can we consider working together to acheive that?

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
When I watched the first

When I watched the first part of the Bill Moyer's series, I became so angry that I had to watch the rest the next day.  There is, also, a second segment with David Stockman who does an excellent job describing our situation.  Tonight is a third segment with the woman who was head of the FDIC during the crisis.  I'm going to start a new thread, so more people can hopefully follow it.

billmoyers.com/episode/on-winner-take-all-politics/ Subscribe

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments