How much money have you lost following this loser??

30 posts / 0 new
Last post
HarryWanger's picture
HarryWanger
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 4 2010
Posts: 4
How much money have you lost following this loser??

Can only laugh at the doomsday crowd here. Sorry, dude, but you look like a tv evangelical trying to get ignorant people to listen to your consistently wrong predictions. I have some Nikes and black outfits for all of you that didn't go to the end of the world today on Fed QE. I figure advice from here lost you a shit load of money - you might need some assistance. Just like the clowns at ZeroHedge. Doomsday tomorrow or a million years from now? Doesn't matter, keep them in fear. How idiotic can you guys be??

bmcreider's picture
bmcreider
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 23 2010
Posts: 14
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

I'll bite.

I have sometimes thought of possible ulterior motives to the ideas purported on this site; selling gold or other hard assetts first among them.

But in the grand scheme of things what are your points of contention to the facts and principles presented? You can debate timing and intensity of symptoms but where does Chris fall down on the fundamentals? Simply from a financial historical perspective wouldn't you say fiat currencies fail? That empires fall? That infinite growth will conflict with finite resources? Are the symptoms of such not showing themselves now?

yobob1's picture
yobob1
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 20 2009
Posts: 132
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
HarryWanger wrote:

How much money have you lost following this loser??

 How idiotic can you guys be??

Speaking personally, none.  I don't take advice, especially regarding money, from any website or "guru".  For me this is an opportunity to exchange thoughts and nothing else. There are extremes and extremists of all ilks on thousands of sites.  I certainly don't agree with everything posted here since the posters are not of one mind - and that's a good thing. (Thanks, Martha! )  I was born a skeptic and remain so.  I want as much information as possible to enable informed decisions where possible - in many cases one can only speculate on the possible outcomes as the "facts" are not verifiable.  IMO the old Boy Scout motto, "Be Prepared" has never been more prescient.  What that means to each differs from one to another.  In my case I prefer to stay very liquid as the environment is as fluid as one can imagine.  It is often said of times like these that the winners are those that simply lose the least.

Bulls on the other hand seem to only want bullish (and mostly BS) opinions while laughing derisively at anything that challenges their beliefs. This often blinds like the setting sun and leads to entire herds stampeding right off the cliff. I'm not positive, but I think this may arise from a combination of cocaine and Prozac abuse. Or it may simply be a latent lemming gene.

Brainless's picture
Brainless
Status: Silver Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 9 2008
Posts: 150
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Sp you go to site like zerohedge and chrismartenson. Why, feeling a little uneasy with what is happening and looking for explanations?

Follow the crash course and then come back. No need to go all doomsday, just follow the trends, those are currently stocks up/down without anyone knowing why, luxurious lifestyle going down to a lifestyle that will be simpler and if done right with a lot  more quality.

And with no more cash in the stockmarket (got out before the crash 2008  thanks to Celente and Schiff) there is a lot less to worry about. Only that decision gave me back a lot of time i now spend with the wife and kids. So for an idiot i feel quit comfortable and balanced. How about you, being 'normal'?

 

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 7 2007
Posts: 5734
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Well, knowing that Mr. Wang-er is thoroughly unreachable by logic and/or reason, I'll still wade in here for other's benefit.

This site does not give out investment advice, we give out information, sound thinking, and a willingness to engage and reengage with the facts as necessary.

I have, admittedly, been a rather shameless promoter of one wealth-preservation idea since I first put keystrokes to blog paper, and that has been to buy gold and silver.  Since that was in 2004 anybody who followed this "guru's" advice is now up around 230% on their gold purchases and 310% on their silver purchases.

So no regrets there, although I can understand why Wanger might be bitter having missed out on all that because I am told that CNBS did not really catch onto one of the greatest investment themes of the past ten years for some reason, and has still not authorized their listeners to find such investments socially acceptable, leading to the pain and confusion so visibly on display.

What you should really do, in all seriousness Wanger, is examine why you hold beliefs that could cause you to miss out on something critically important.  I know you are holding them because you charged in here waving your emotions about as if by force of will you could achieve some sort of murky result.  When people are emotional, it's a dead give-away that their beliefs are being challenged in some way.  We sort of have a rule around here of not holding belief-centric conversations because they are a complete waste of time and only ever lead to bitterness and divisiveness.  

You may not be a good fit for this site, I pretty much think that's the case after just one post, but I invite you to try and stick it out because there are a few things about yourself that you really could benefit from shining some light on.  But our rules, which you clicked past without reading obviously, will be in force for every post of yours hereafter.  What's allowed around here are facts, opinions only if they are supported by facts, and absolutely no emotional tirades and childish outbursts.    

investorzzo's picture
investorzzo
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 7 2008
Posts: 1182
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Looks like some folks don't like what's going on. Not surprised. To many of us waking up and certain types with an agenda are looking to cause doubt and havoc. Just bought another 500 ounces of silver.......

HarryWanger's picture
HarryWanger
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 4 2010
Posts: 4
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

I will give you facts:

ISM has been moving higher globally and here.

Earnings have been much stronger than anticipated.

ADP number was double the number expected.

Fed has saved this economy from the brink and what is your advice? Buy food and hang out with Glenn Beck in a bunker while the world continues to move along a slow path to recovery.

Nice job.

rmurfster's picture
rmurfster
Status: Bronze Member (Offline)
Joined: Apr 17 2008
Posts: 84
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

I sold everything I could from my 401K around the end of 2007 and invested it in Silver and Gold.

As of 11/4/2010 at 8:58am
Silver Purchases: Up 53.26%
Gold Purchases: Up 55.24%

My 401K?
Since November 2007: Up 1.08%

Decide for yourself.

Richard

 

HarryWanger wrote:

Can only laugh at the doomsday crowd here. Sorry, dude, but you look like a tv evangelical trying to get ignorant people to listen to your consistently wrong predictions. I have some Nikes and black outfits for all of you that didn't go to the end of the world today on Fed QE. I figure advice from here lost you a shit load of money - you might need some assistance. Just like the clowns at ZeroHedge. Doomsday tomorrow or a million years from now? Doesn't matter, keep them in fear. How idiotic can you guys be??

Johnny Oxygen's picture
Johnny Oxygen
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 9 2009
Posts: 1443
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

HarryWanger = Troll

HarryWanger's picture
HarryWanger
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Nov 4 2010
Posts: 4
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Yes, anyone with the correct thesis about the economy and positive impact of the Fed is a troll. Yep, get some more freeze dried foodstuffs from Glenn Beck for your bunker. So funny how the sane people are the trolls yet the insanity heard here is gospel. 

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 7 2007
Posts: 5734
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Ooops!

Harry Wanger outlived his very short welcome and has been banned for being generally clueless and unhelpful.  

By the way, we have talked about the few facts you manged to bring up, but you failed to spend enough time here before casting your judgments about the place.  

Try somewhere else.  We don't have the time or the patience around here for such gross immaturity.  And good luck!

JAG's picture
JAG
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 26 2008
Posts: 2492
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Wow, thanks Wanger!

I knew there was a secret agenda on this site; Martenson is selling Gold....why didn't I see this before?

I must have been blinded by the cool aid. Your one post has set me free...will you be my Guru now?

Thanks for the laugh....Jeff

P.S. (to borrow from V): Hairy wangers are so 1990.

DAH's picture
DAH
Status: Member (Offline)
Joined: Mar 17 2008
Posts: 1
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

"Thank you for playing, you are out of quarters!"Wink

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 7 2007
Posts: 5734
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
DAH wrote:

"Thank you for playing, you are out of quarters!"Wink

Hey, I know that dog!

Good to see ya.

 

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 1 2008
Posts: 503
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

The Fed thrives on guys like HarryWanger. They double the money supply and HW crowd thinks the U.S. is twice as rich. They never consider that the new dollars buy half as much. Or that now we owe interest on the new stuff. 

JAG's picture
JAG
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 26 2008
Posts: 2492
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Oh C'mon Dr. M, let us have some fun with this 'guy'. His post is at least valuable market sentiment data.

 

SingleSpeak's picture
SingleSpeak
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 1 2008
Posts: 503
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Darn it Chris,

You banned him from the site before he could see my post. Oh well better to be a year early than a day late.Wink

SingleSpeak

cmartenson's picture
cmartenson
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jun 7 2007
Posts: 5734
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
JAG wrote:

Oh C'mon Dr. M, let us have some fun with this 'guy'. His post is at least valuable market sentiment data.

I was tempted, but then he started stepping into other threads dropping his loads...so I really didn't want to have to set up an elaborate tracking system for one malcontent....ironically, on a different thread he admonished us all to get away from our computers and see the real world....I guess he has a portable laptop or something?  Because for a guy out there busily seeing the real world he sure seemed to have a lot of time on his hands...

Subprime JD's picture
Subprime JD
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 17 2009
Posts: 562
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Note to all:

HarryW is a regular poster on ZH who says just sprouts the MSM line. 90% troll. 10% delusional.

V's picture
V
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Dec 14 2009
Posts: 849
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
JAG wrote:

Wow, thanks Wanger!

I knew there was a secret agenda on this site; Martenson is selling Gold....why didn't I see this before?

I must have been blinded by the cool aid. Your one post has set me free...will you be my Guru now?

Thanks for the laugh....Jeff

P.S. (to borrow from V): Hairy wangers are so 1990.

Did I say that? God I AM  brilliant

V

PS Glenn Beck is so uh...........  what is the date today? And bunkers are cool.

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Sep 7 2008
Posts: 488
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Yeah, I was going to point out that this guy's a ZH troll -- I'm a regular there too.

Wouldn't be surprised if he's a Cass Sunstein operative attacking all these sites that challenge the economic and monetary systems. Laughing

By the way, my ZH alter-ego shall forever remain unknown!

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 4 2009
Posts: 2606
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
cmartenson wrote:
JAG wrote:

Oh C'mon Dr. M, let us have some fun with this 'guy'. His post is at least valuable market sentiment data.

I was tempted, but then he started stepping into other threads dropping his loads...so I really didn't want to have to set up an elaborate tracking system for one malcontent....ironically, on a different thread he admonished us all to get away from our computers and see the real world....I guess he has a portable laptop or something?  Because for a guy out there busily seeing the real world he sure seemed to have a lot of time on his hands...

Chris -

You need to let him back in.  If we can reach the tipping point of the troll ferry maybe they will all drown.

If you will excuse me, I have to go put another layer of molybdenum impregnated aluminum foil in the walls of the secondary command post and food distribution bunkers.

I got that idea from this site I think.......Cool

PS - Does anyone know where I can find 1 micron filters, I am worried about reptilian recombinant DNA and retroviruses getting into my ventilation system?

JAG's picture
JAG
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 26 2008
Posts: 2492
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
V wrote:
JAG wrote:

Wow, thanks Wanger!

I knew there was a secret agenda on this site; Martenson is selling Gold....why didn't I see this before?

I must have been blinded by the cool aid. Your one post has set me free...will you be my Guru now?

Thanks for the laugh....Jeff

P.S. (to borrow from V): Hairy wangers are so 1990.

Did I say that? God I AM  brilliant

V

PS Glenn Beck is so uh...........  what is the date today? And bunkers are cool.

Sorry V, 

I meant I was borrowing the "P.S." from you....not the hairy wangers part, lol.

Doug's picture
Doug
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 1 2008
Posts: 3159
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

On days like this, I'm really sorry I followed CM's advice and bought PMs. Money mouth 

AU up 2.5% and AG up 3.4% and rising.  What the hey is going on?  Can't all be due to USD following <1%.  Is this the meteoric part of a bubble?

Doug

idoctor's picture
idoctor
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Oct 4 2008
Posts: 1731
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

I will give you facts:

ISM has been moving higher globally and here.

Earnings have been much stronger than anticipated.

ADP number was double the number expected.

Fed has saved this economy from the brink and what is your advice? Buy food and hang out with Glenn Beck in a bunker while the world continues to move along a slow path to recovery.

Nice job.

Harry can you explain why the insiders are net sellers now? Do they see something? Ben & the boys are playing with their bubble machine so just be careful.

SteveW's picture
SteveW
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 21 2010
Posts: 490
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??
cmartenson wrote:
JAG wrote:

Oh C'mon Dr. M, let us have some fun with this 'guy'. His post is at least valuable market sentiment data.

I was tempted, but then he started stepping into other threads dropping his loads...so I really didn't want to have to set up an elaborate tracking system for one malcontent....ironically, on a different thread he admonished us all to get away from our computers and see the real world....

Yes, that was me. I guess if my post appears at 2:30 am EDT it's hard for some folks to comprehend the idea that time of day varies across the globe.

ewilkerson's picture
ewilkerson
Status: Gold Member (Offline)
Joined: Jul 18 2010
Posts: 390
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

I never thought I would be a purchaser of gold and silver.  My education includes an excellent boarding school in VA, an Economics Degree from Duke, and a Masters in Business at Wake Forest.  When I read my first article on Peak Oil, I was immediately interested.  It brought together many  problems I saw in our World.  Since that first article I have spent many hours of reading and research.  Peak Oil, in my opinion, has already started.  We just have not fallen off the cliff yet.  I have tried to explain it to a few people to limited success.  I then remembered what an older gentleman told me once.  He said, "Who is the bigger fool?  The one who is ignorant or the person trying to get the ignorant person to understand." 

People who write a post such as the one I am responding to are the same ones who make their political decisions from 30 second sound bites.

Keep up the good work all you people on this site.

Ernest

nickbert's picture
nickbert
Status: Diamond Member (Offline)
Joined: Jan 14 2009
Posts: 1208
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

Gold now at $1392 and silver at $26.23.... I guess the upside to being a doomer cultist robot kook is that at least it seems to pay well!  Laughing

 

Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

[PS - Does anyone know where I can find 1 micron filters, I am worried about reptilian recombinant DNA and retroviruses getting into my ventilation system?

I'm given to understand that those filters are only found in the Area 51 laboratories and Illuminati headquarters.  Or at least the talking squirrels in the neighborhood say so.

- Nickbert

ckessel's picture
ckessel
Status: Martenson Brigade Member (Online)
Joined: Nov 12 2008
Posts: 481
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

You guys are hillarious!!!  Thanks for the good humor.Smile

Coop

Rector's picture
Rector
Status: Platinum Member (Offline)
Joined: Feb 8 2010
Posts: 505
Re: How much money have you lost following this loser??

This has to be some kind of joke or plant.  This guy has to be someone on the staff just trying to play devil's advocate.  I cannot believe that anyone that bothers to get all the way here would say (and apparently believe) that the "Fed has saved the economy from the brink".  I almost choked!  

I cannot help but feel a deep sense of pleasure visualizing this guy 30 days after the SHTF.  Wailing and gnashing of teeth. . . Best of luck to you!  We'll try to stumble along here without you.

 

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments