How many people do we have here that are in Southern California?

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
Ken C's picture
Ken C
How many people do we have here that are in Southern California?

I thought that it may be useful to find out who is from So Cal and perhaps have a little background.

For me:

I live in Tujunga which is a suburb on the north side of LA. I am a high school math teacher looking forward to retirement in a few years (if we have that long before shtf) When I am not teaching I like hunting, fishing and recently gold mining. Yep, gold mining- I will be doing it again this summer.

I only became aware of this forum a couple months ago so I have much work to do to catch up with some of the veterens on the board. I have started to acquire some of the things that will be necessary in a slower pace after the tipping point-whatever that may be.

Anyone else in this neighborhood??

Ken

SPM's picture
SPM
Re: How many people do we have here that are in Southern ...

Add number 2 to the list Mr. C.

I'm not that close to you, but close enough. Lancaster . Lived all over though. Mesa, Arizona; Thousand Oaks, Port Hueneme, and now Lancaster, CA. I'm only 25, so still pretty young, and not as much experience as many here. High school and College was AZ, most of my adventures out in California have been work related. Worked automotive, till it was cheaper for them to move out of state, most currently have been in aerospace. I don't particularly like the environment in aerospace to be honest with you. I have been looking at a position at Solarworld, in Camarillo. Something like that would make me feel good about what I work for.

I suppose I'm as ready as I can be.

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
SPM wrote:

<snip>

I have been looking at a position at Solarworld, in Camarillo. Something like that would make me feel good about what I work for.

I suppose I'm as ready as I can be.

SPM,

This may seem slightly unorthodox but the word "Solarworld" jumped out at me. If you're interested in getting out of CA and moving up to my neck of the woods (Oregon), check out this link: http://www.solaroregon.org/about/news_folder/solarworld-comes-to-hillsboro/

SPM's picture
SPM

Huh, thats very interesting. I basically had the job when the automotive job moved out of California, but I blew them off for aerospace. I still regret that decision to be honest. Solarworld's 401, 5 years working there, they put in 5% automatically, 10 yrs, 10%. Whether you contribute or not. Granted aerospace does have really good benefits as well but they just cut back on pensions, and no longer match contributions.

I actually have family in Oregon. I'm not sure where though.

Ken C's picture
Ken C

SPM,

I sort of figured that there would be more than 2 of us in SoCal.- Maybe not. I guess that if it were not for family here I would like to  move out also.

Sam,

I am sure that Oregon would be an improvement over Calif. Now if only half of all Calif moved to Oregon then Calif would once again be a great place. Oh- I get to choose which half.

Ken

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder
kenc wrote:

SPM,

I sort of figured that there would be more than 2 of us in SoCal.- Maybe not. I guess that if it were not for family here I would like to  move out also.

Sam,

I am sure that Oregon would be an improvement over Calif. Now if only half of all Calif moved to Oregon then Calif would once again be a great place. Oh- I get to choose which half.

Ken

Ken,

Unfortunately, I think half of California has already moved here!

I'm a typical "new" Oregonian who left Orange County (in Jan. 2002) and has been trying to raise the drawbridge ever since!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments