"How It All Ends!!"

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
"How It All Ends!!"

This is Greg Craven, a very thought provoking and inspiring school teacher who will be a published author with his new book in July of this year after his rise to fame and fortune on You Tube. His grounded and factual assault on the realities or non-realities of global climate change, with human cause thrown into the mix are enthusiastically challenging. I've written to him on several occasions and directed people to his site in very similar ways to the Crash Course. He has amassed over 70 videos that are both surprising and compelling, for which I am sure will give rise to some stimulating debate.

Paul

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: "How It All Ends!!"

...Forgot To Mention...

"""Don't Forget To Press The 'More Info' Button On The Side Bar To The Video"""

Paul

SamLinder's picture
SamLinder

Good link. I remember seeing this about a year ago. I was impressed then too.

If global climate change is already in play (see Australia drought/fires, UK snow, California drought, rare winter tornado's in Oklahoma, etc.), are we already too late to do anything about it?

If this is a mostly natural phenomenon, and not completely man-made, could we even hope that anything we do now will even help?

It would appear that some of Mr. Craven's predictions are already coming true - though, at the moment, they seem more a result of financial disaster than climate destabilization.

Although, one does wonder how much worse it will be when climate destabilization does come to the forefront!

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

The video just comes up with "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"

Pity.  Sounded interesting.

caroline_culbert's picture
caroline_culbert
Amanda V wrote:

The video just comes up with "We're sorry, this video is no longer available"

Pity.  Sounded interesting.

I think you can still get it, Amanda.  I just clicked on it a few seconds ago. 

This guy lays it out pretty logically.

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Thanks Caroline, but nope, tried again and still can't get it.

Maybe it is my computer ?  Will try again later.

pir8don's picture
pir8don

Amanda I notice that I can't see some videos and have assumed it was because my IP address was kiwi. Could be wrong though?

Don

7 billion people can be wrong, very wrong

affert's picture
affert

"How it all ends" is the name of the video series, you could probably go to youtube and search for that: it's the first thing that comes up.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Affert,

I followed Greg Craven through all of his arguements as and when he placed them onto You Tube throughout the second half of 2007 and found his work very easy to relate to. I also appreciated all of his hard work and directed people to his site in just the same way as I was directed to him, by word of mouth. Not everyone has the time or opportunity to trawl through You Tube, especially wth so many dead ended films to find the best example of a comprehensive study.

A great many people on this site have full-time jobs raising children and benefit with the help of others here in getting information to them that can be of help in understanding the bigger picture at stake.

I'm still directing people every day to 'wonderingmind42', as I am with 'PeakProsperity.com', both have fastidiously chiselled away at a masive body of work so that average people like you and I can gain the drive to read very dry reports such as :-

Climate Code Red

http://www.civicus.org/new/media/climatecodered_1.pdf

The Hirsch Report

http://www.d-n-i.net/fcs/pdf/hirsch_world_oil_production.pdf

...for which I've read both.

Paul

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Sam,

thankyou for posting your well defined points on the state of current climate issues, especially in Australia ,where devastating drought is becoming the norm. In my mind, Greg Craven has hit on what in one way or another will become a reality with present World governent lacking the pace and will to turn (if at all possible) our total disregard of the damage our species does to the planet.

Paul 

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Amanda,

firstly, can I say that I love the drive and enthusiasm in the threads you create so please keep them coming with that wonderful wit and honesty you have.

I've been away for a day or so checking out a Transition Town initiative and building some ideas with people on self sustain so, this has dragged me away from minding this thread.

In answer to your question about the film, I find sometimes that running films that have been pasted up here on CC.com that they run much better from You Tube if you have an account with them where you can attach them as favourites. Open up another screen and watch them direct.

I haven't found a better and more grounded explanation of Global Climate Change than Gregs 'Laymans Term' discription. Also, note the similarity to Chris Martenson and chapter 20 of the Crash Course?

Paul

Amanda V's picture
Amanda V

Thank you Paul for the lovely compliment !

I did manage to watch the "How it all ends" video and enjoyed it.  Also got around to creating myself a U tube account and it is indeed in my favourites.  I will watch the full version as time permits.

I appreciate people's U tube recommendations because as you say, I really can't be bothered trawling through Utube to separate the trash from the good.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

On starting up my computer this morning, this piece of news was the first that confronted me :-

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090215/twl-global-warming-worse-than-thought-41f21e0.html

Global warming 'worse than thought'

The climate is heating up far faster than scientists predicted, a top climate scientist has said.

Related photos / videos

Global warming 'worse than thought'

Chris Field, a member of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), said it is being spurred on by sharp increases in greenhouse gas emissions from developing countries like China and India.

"The consequence of that is we are basically looking now at a future climate that is beyond anything that we've considered seriously," Mr Field said.

"The actual trajectory of climate change is more serious" than any of the climate predictions in the IPCC's fourth assessment report, Climate Change 2007.

He said recent climate studies suggested the continued warming of the planet from greenhouse gas emissions could set off large, destructive wildfires in tropical rain forests and melt permafrost in the Arctic, releasing billions of tons of greenhouse gasses that could raise global temperatures even more.

"There is a real risk that human-caused climate change will accelerate the release of carbon dioxide from forest and tundra ecosystems, which have been storing a lot of carbon for thousands of years," Mr Field said.

He pointed to recent studies showing the fourth assessment report underestimated the potential severity of global warming over the next 100 years.

"We now have data showing that from 2000 to 2007, greenhouse gas emissions increased far more rapidly than we expected, primarily because developing countries, like China and India, saw a huge surge in electric power generation, almost all of it based on coal," Mr Field said.

He said that trend was likely to continue if more countries turned to coal and other carbon-intensive fuels to meet their energy needs. If so, he said the impact of climate change would be "more serious and diverse" than the IPCC's most recent predictions.

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451

Hi Amanda,

you deserve the compliment.

Just to help you corrupt your brand new You Tube account, have you caught one of my other threads :-

The Most IMPORTANT Video You'll Ever See

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/most-important-video-youll-ever-see/12935

...it's getting a bit juicy!!!

Take Care,

Paul

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: Social Collapse Best Practices

Chris Kresser has made a stunning thread with a transcripted speech by Dimitry Orlov. I think it speaks volumes about what is happening to the United States Of America and practically the whole world in result of this advancing Global Economic Depression. With this in mind, I'm linking this thread to his with this :-

http://www.peakprosperity.com/forum/social-collapse-best-practices/13277

Paul

Vanityfox451's picture
Vanityfox451
Re: John Holdren On Democracy Now

Valid and watchable interview...

Paul

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments