How do I find others who live near me?

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
kriswalter's picture
kriswalter
How do I find others who live near me?

I don't find a way on the site to search by location for other members who live near me. Have I missed it, or is there some other way to locate the like-minded in my area so we could explore meeting and supporting each other in person?

SagerXX's picture
SagerXX
Re: How do I find others who live near me?
kwalter wrote:

I don't find a way on the site to search by location for other members who live near me. Have I missed it, or is there some other way to locate the like-minded in my area so we could explore meeting and supporting each other in person?

There's no search-engine-type feature here to locate members.  If you hang around a bit you'll discover where some folks are by context.  

Best/quickest way IMO would be simply to post your location (with a greater or lesser degree of specificity, depending on how concerned you are about secuity) and if anybody is near and interested in collaborating they could send you a private message.

Welcome to the community!

kriswalter's picture
kriswalter

Thanks for the quick reply and the welcome.

joemanc's picture
joemanc

I put my location at the bottom of my posts.

I know Martenson Central is working on groups...hopefully soon!

jackgoldman's picture
jackgoldman

Organizing independent minded people is like herding cats. It can work but they are reclusive by nature. I would like a group but I would also not like a group. I am a reclusive person by nature and shun the political blow hards and ego maniacs who love student council, government, and getting on the government dole. It's like a disease getting a government check. More and more people become infected every day. I quit my public school teaching job thirty four years ago to become a home builder and now all my friends are fat cat multimillionaire government pensioners. They will get $10,000 a month for being two married teachers. Wow. I am so jealous. 

I am in St. Paul, MN. There are a lot of preppers here like Yankee Prepper but they are reclusive type people by nature. 

alanlstar's picture
alanlstar
I'd been wondering the same

I'd been wondering the same thing. I have some good community in my area, but they are all pretty complacent about taking any real action. I'd like to connect with people that are on the same page.

reddeadredemption's picture
reddeadredemption
I have been wondering the same as well

I would like to connect with people who are on the same page as well.  If anyone is interested, let me know.  Enfield CT.

Dogs_In_A_Pile's picture
Dogs_In_A_Pile
Transition Colorado
alanlstar wrote:

I'd been wondering the same thing. I have some good community in my area, but they are all pretty complacent about taking any real action. I'd like to connect with people that are on the same page.

alan -

Welcome to the site. 

You are sitting on a gold mine in Fort Collins.  If you haven't already found these guys you should definitely check them out.  The Boulder operation is phenomenal.

http://transitioncolorado.ning.com/

dingalls's picture
dingalls
transition colorado
Dogs_In_A_Pile wrote:

alan -

Welcome to the site. 

You are sitting on a gold mine in Fort Collins.  If you haven't already found these guys you should definitely check them out.  The Boulder operation is phenomenal.

http://transitioncolorado.ning.com/

Dogs and Alan,

I am in Boulder, and involved with the Transition Colorado organization.  I am trying to remember if there is a Transition Fort Collins group as well.  But I will say that the folks here do a gangbusters job of pulling in all the angles.  They are in fact how I learned of CM and the Crash Course. And that was almost two years ago now...

Alan, feel free to PM me if you wanna chat and ever head down this way.

alanlstar's picture
alanlstar
Transition Colorado
catherder's picture
catherder
central Massachusetts - also looking for people!

I'm near Worcester MA, and I've established a support group for like minded people, but very few of the group members actually live near me - it draws from a very wide area and so far has only  about 8 members (people drive more than an hour to get to it). If anyone is NEAR WORCESTER please let me know, I'd love to meet you!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments