Here is the Solution to ALL our troubles

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting
Here is the Solution to ALL our troubles

A Trillion here, a Trillion there... bailout, Bailouts Everywhere!

God, I am so sick of all this daily giveaway crap!

How about this for an "Out of the Box" solution...

We have what, 300 million Americans here in the United States? How about the US Congress pass a bill giving every single, solitary person (parents get to control their children's share) ONE MILLION dollars each... with the caveat that the money must payoff all debts first; anything left over people can either save or spend... their choice.

For $300 million, the debt problem (for most of America) is eliminated and the credit crunch is gone!

$300 million is "chump change"... Paulson and Bernanke fart and billions drop out of their butts!

This solution is Simple and Cost efficient.

What so you?

TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting
Re: Here is the Solution to ALL our troubles

What say you? (Duh, typo!)

mainecooncat's picture
mainecooncat

All I'll say is re-check your math.

TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting

Whoops... bad math. Lets try that again. Lets make it instead $500,000 for each family (about 100 million households?)... that's $5 Trillion, yes?

Hasn't the Fed already committed us to $7 Trillion since August?

Still not right? Holy crap... this is a much bigger problem then we thought, isn't it? Kind of puts into perspective the magnitude of the problem, doesn't it?

We have got to get angry and DEMAND viable solutions from our leaders... Not more debt!

How about "do nothing".

New companies will grow up to fill the void of those who couldn't survive their past mistakes.

AZDan's picture
AZDan

Duh, check your math.

300,000,000 X $1 = 300 million

300,000,000 X $1,000,000 = $300,000,000,000,000 = 300 TRILLION DOLLARS

300,000,000 X $500,000 = 150 TRILLION

300,000,000 x $50,000 = 15 TRILLION (now we're getting somewhere)

lundsta's picture
lundsta

That would work great for maybe 10% of the population that would actually payoff their debt. Remember most people are like children. They buy anything whenever they want it, and will find the money for it later. I understand you plan, but we would have to change years of human behavior. I never would hear my Dad say "Let me bail you out so it will be taken care of". I believe his words would have been "You got into this mess I am sure you are capable of getting out". What would we be teaching people if we bail them all out? 40 years from now there kids would think "Oh the gov will just bail me out" I know people may have been victims of predatory lending, lost jobs, had medical bills or uexpected expenses. We are smarter than our gov. I don't want to play their game. We would be prouder of ourselves and less dependent on them if we found a different way.

I am with you the bailouts make me furious. At work I talk with people that cannot afford a family dinner while banks get billions. Let the gov take care of their own (like they always do) and we will take care of ourselves.  

They cannot take down everyone if people refuse to pay taxes, mortgages and unsecured debt.  

TimesAwasting's picture
TimesAwasting

Now you're talking, Lundsta. We have to choke the b**stards by not giving them our money. What gives Paulson & Bernanke the right to in-debt our grandchildren without our permission?

AZDan's picture
AZDan
TimesAwasting wrote:

Now you're talking, Lundsta. We have to choke the b**stards by not giving them our money. What gives Paulson & Bernanke the right to in-debt our grandchildren without our permission?

But we DID give them permission.  When "our representatives" passed the bailout bill despite a 99 - 1 opposition by the people.  Then, what did we do?  We went and re-elected most of them.  I swear, there's a lot of sleepwalkers out there.

lundsta's picture
lundsta

I guess we gave them that right. Why don't the US citizens get to vote on the cabinet, fed and court positions? I am suprised our founding fathers did not put that in the constitution. It feels like Americans have taken our country for granted. Me included, I have no idea what it is like to fight for freedom.We trust to easy and don't think for ourselves. When I die someday I am going to have to give the founding fathers a really good reason why.....better get going on my excuses.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments