Help needed: Sound non-U.S. banks?

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.
Help needed: Sound non-U.S. banks?

I am aware of several 'net resources that provide data about the solvency and "solidity" of U.S. banks.

But now I'm seeking the same information about non-U.S. banks, particularly those with offices in Asia (primarily Singapore and Hong Kong).

Does anyone have any opinions about the financial condition of leading international banks such as Barclay's, HSBC, Fortis, ING, UBS, etc?

Better yet, does anyone know of a credible online resource providing data about the financial security (and exposure level to toxic U.S. assets) of these international banks?

Thanks in advance,

Erik

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin
Re: Help needed: Sound non-U.S. banks?

The Bank of China is setup in a fasion where it is almost identical to the Federal Reserve.  They all operate the exact same way our banking system does.

Maybe this video can give you some insight as to how our banking system works.

Erik T.'s picture
Erik T.

Thomas,

Thanks for the reply, but that really wasn't the question.

For sake of clarity, I'm looking for information on the financial health of international Commercial Banks, not central banks.

Thanks,

Erik

Malden's picture
Malden
Thomas Hedin wrote:

The Bank of China is setup in a fasion where it is almost identical to the Federal Reserve.  They all operate the exact same way our banking system does.

Almost identical? You must be joking. People`s Bank of China not only issue money, it is involved in commercial banking. And most of all, it`s a 100% controlled by Government. It has a chairman who is part of that government and his election is approved by Congress.

ErikTownsend wrote:

For sake of clarity, I'm looking for information on the financial health of international Commercial Banks, not central banks.

Chinese banks definitely and also some islamic.

Thomas Hedin's picture
Thomas Hedin

All of the central banks are commercial banks.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments