Hello to all you "units"

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
oppmsu's picture
oppmsu
Hello to all you "units"

Full Disclosure: I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the discussion in the attachment, but I figured it was worth putting out for consumption and/or discussion.

If true, this is scary and based on the "you have to pass the bill in order to read the bill" Congress that pushed it through I would lean towards it being true.  

FriscoMike's picture
FriscoMike
 I have not had the chance

I have not had the chance to educate myself on the reform act but would this apply to anyone seeking treatment - such as an individual over the age of 70 with private insurance?

oppmsu's picture
oppmsu
This as I understand it

This as I understand it would apply to anyone that uses the Government sponsored Medical Plan that is included in the Obamacare legislation.  Private insurance "should" still cover those over age 70 in these situations, but the question is how long?

One of the arguments against the Government sponsored plan is that it will crowd out private insurance over time, so in the long run we all would be forced to participate in the Government plan, which potentially subjects us to the scenario that the neurosurgeon was referring to in the audio file. 

Mirv's picture
Mirv
Hello to all you "units"

Thanks  for bringing attention to this  very real warning about out government's attitude towards old (ie less valuable?) people.  The unstated  fact however is that we the people do not have the resources for public funding of expensive brain  surgeries, or food stamps, or disaster relief, or the military, or federal pensions or...............I suggest that 1. we should stop expecting things from the government (govt. is insolvent) and 2. take responsibility for ourselves to minimize future problems/our need for public assistance.  Daily exercise and good  diet can and will prevent the majority of  old age diseases, including adult onset diabetes, heart attacks, strokes, even cancers.  By way of example, if we ate 5 times  less salt, no animal fat at all and took hikes up mountains/exercise the need for health assistance would drop by MORE than half and more likely by at least 4 times.  I expect to receive the usual personal attacks and unfounded "but  the latest science!" mumbo jumbo "arguments" for pointing out basic facts here, but I do not accept the assumption that we must expect the government to take care of us.  There are two sides to every story and our evil government has logical reasons we need to consider if we insist on giving out lives, our freedom, our allegiance, our money and virtual souls to the damn government care/control.  By the way, I learned from a government agency studying new regulations (propeller shrouds for boats) that a human life is worth 3.5 million $ in balancing the cost of a regulation and the lives to be saved. How else would you expect a government agency to calculate how to interfere and control our lives?  At least the rules are not based on political party (not yet anyway).  The real problem (instead of complaining about not receiving more government "care") is dependency on government and not taking personal responsibility for health and health care (including insurance). 

darbikrash's picture
darbikrash
oppmsu wrote:

Full Disclosure: I cannot vouch for the authenticity of the discussion in the attachment, but I figured it was worth putting out for consumption and/or discussion.

If true, this is scary and based on the "you have to pass the bill in order to read the bill" Congress that pushed it through I would lean towards it being true.  

Bogus- more talk radio/death panel nonsense.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/medical/neurosurgery.asp

Saffron's picture
Saffron
crosscheck your information
Mirv wrote:

By way of example, if we ate 5 times  less salt, no animal fat at all and took hikes up mountains/exercise the need for health assistance would drop by MORE than half and more likely by at least 4 times.   

Hey Mirv,

didn't see this thread when it first came out, but since I noticed it now I thought I would steer you toward this site:

http://www.westonaprice.org/mentalemotional-health/nutrition-and-mental-...

where you can find true science and historical evidence that disputes all the bs they've been feeding us (pun intended) about which foods are and are not beneficial. In your statement above, both food statements are incorrect ... *sea salt* is chock full of minerals that we *need* and animal fat is not the bad guy/cause of heart attacks and everything bad that they tell us. From the article I linked:

FATS AND THE BRAIN

Now, if we look at the fats in the brain, the two major fats are saturated fat and a fat called arachidonic acid. But we’re not supposed to eat saturated fats, right? Yet saturated fats like butter, meat fats, lard, and coconut oil are the kinds of fats your brain wants and needs. And if you don’t eat those fats, your body says, “Well, give me the next best thing: refined carbohydrates.” Your body can make saturated fats out of refined carbohydrates.  And that’s how people get cravings for refined carbohydrates—especially pregnant women and growing children. Unfortunately, eating refined carbohydrates robs the body of nutrients, while natural saturated animal fats provide some very important nutrients.

You are correct about the exercise though :-)

~ s

p.s. I will be crawling into my little hole to do taxes for the next few days ... not available to dispute or prove any points. Nor will I recreate what has already been done by the wonderful people at the Weston Price Foundation, so if you have any questions, just do a search there. But I can assure you ... just 5 years ago I was into mainstream nutrition hook, line and sinker. Low fat, near vegetarian, low salt ... I found the site I linked only after dh had a heart attack at 44 on this low fat, near vegetarian, low salt diet ... now we eat butter, eggs and bacon, use cream and eat plenty of meat. His lab numbers have never been better.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments