Healthcare

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd
Healthcare

I apologize for creating a new topic for this post, as I probably should have tucked it in somewhere else. Anyway, I wished to announce that I have begun work on a blog of my own, detailing the problems with our healthcare system. I haven't progressed very far, but I think it will pick up in excitement and useful information in the near future. I'm amazed at how time consuming the process is; I cannot fathom how CM and others are able to churn out as much and as often as they do. Thus far, I've only managed to update about once a week, and I suspect that, at best, I'll manage two posts a week. So, if you find the site of interest, please check back from time to time!

http://web.me.com/cpetersj/Christophers_Site/Welcome.html

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
Re: Healthcare

Hi, Chris;

What a strange coincidence . . . I just launched my blog last night . . . Although it chewed up a bit of time, I must say that setting it up was easier than I had anticipated . . .  But, I won't steal your thunder today . . .

I wandered over to your site, and I must say you did a great job on the graphics . . . I understand that the initial image impressions on a site are important to building visitorship (How's that for coining a word?) . . . . It'll be useful to have your viewpoints and observations nicely condensed onto one site . . . I had been wondering what you were up to, lately, as your posts have been few and far between . . . Glad to see we'll be hearing from you regularly, even if we have to click a couple of times to visit . . . .

ccpetersmd's picture
ccpetersmd

C1oudfire,

Yes, setting up the site was actually very easy. Especially on a Mac, using their iWeb application. Writing is also pretty easy, it is the research that takes so much of my time. After a few more posts of the foundations of our current healthcare system, it should get much more interesting, and hopefully of greater value to readers.

Between my regular job, a busy family life, some political interests, and my periodic work on my blog, I'm posting less here, but don't worry, I'm still lurking in the background!

Cloudfire's picture
Cloudfire
ccpetersmd wrote:

C1oudfire,

Yes, setting up the site was actually very easy. Especially on a Mac, using their iWeb application. Writing is also pretty easy, it is the research that takes so much of my time. After a few more posts of the foundations of our current healthcare system, it should get much more interesting, and hopefully of greater value to readers.

Between my regular job, a busy family life, some political interests, and my periodic work on my blog, I'm posting less here, but don't worry, I'm still lurking in the background!

Glad to hear that, Chris . . . . If it suits you, maybe you could post (here, on this thread, or on other appropriate threads, or both) excerpts of, and links to, your new posts . . . . I really like the idea of being able to follow one well informed individual's line of thinking . . . . In a sense, the "forum" format is useful for getting a view of the range of viewpoints, but not particularly conducive to following a complicated analysis . . . . I can see where the research would take up a lot of time . . . . I mostly post on things that I am already well-versed in . . . or something that I am currently researching for my own edification, or that I am currently doing . . . . So, research per se, is not an added time-consumer . . . . I just write when the spirit moves me . . . about the things that are on my mind, or on my calendar . . .

I still think that it's a bit spooky, since we are both interested, and deeply involved, in healthcare, but have differing views (though not entirely exclusive), that we launched our blogs within 24 hours of each other, despite the fact that neither of us was aware of the other's efforts  . . .  I haven't had a chance to dive deeply into your essays, but it's likely that I'll be linking them over on my blog . . . Maybe between the two of us . . . you, the intellectual, and me, the emotional and spiritual, will comprise one well-rounded human being, lol . . . .

Anyway, congratulations on launching your blog . . . I'll be looking forward to your posts . . . I've subscribed to your RSS feed . . .

Until then,

Cloudfire

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments