Have You Spread The Word?

8 posts / 0 new
Last post
Morpheus's picture
Morpheus
Have You Spread The Word?

Hi Folks.

I hope my being a noob here doesn't make this thread genesis appear brazen, but I'm pretty used to posting topics on other message boards.

That said let me tell you something. My girlfriend saw this site, watched the video, and then asked me to. I'm on my 5th viewing.

I belong to an "economic crash" investment group and I recommended it to all the folks involved. Pretty much a group of electrical engineers.

Half have watched it, and they were WOWED.

So, I have been sending the link for the crash course to everyone and anyone that I know. So far the response is a overwhelming, well... WOW!

Remember exponential growth folks. 3 people send to 9 people who in turn send to 27 and on and on.

Well, not a perfect exponential but you know what I mean.

Use the power of exponential growth to get the word out on the crash course.

Ohh. Hi. How is everyone? Just call me Ghandi. LOL ;)

He and MLK Jr. are my two heros.

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Re: Have You Spread The Word?

Very cool, MGhandi!  And welcome to the site!

You seem to be having very good success in getting others to watch the course.  A number of us have run into resistance when we try to bring it up to friends and family.  I wonder if it is because the folks you shared the CC with were already part of an economic "crash group" and thus already open to the ideas being presented.  Hmm...maybe that's an approach that others of us here can duplicate!

Your success in spreading the word about the CC is very encouraging; thanks for sharing! 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

Denial is a potent form of self-delusion.

I used to work in a trauma center/ ER and the deadiest behavoir of any patient was always denial. 

"That pain in my chest is just heartburn. I'll be OK". 

Perhaps some may feel that's melodramatic in this case but I think it gets the point across.

What I do NOT do is pre-bias anyone with MY perception of the course. I tell them, "listen to the intro and see what you think. But I have to tell you, it changed the way I look at things. And I feel for the better. It's about our economy, and well, this explains things in a wee bit more complexity than CNN or the New York Times can deliver, but does it in such a manner that it's easy to understand. I think that things are going to get a lot worse, this course IMO confirmed that, but having watched it, I am much more prepared, and most of all confident. Thank God I did, or else I would have been completely blindsided by even this upcoming few years".

That's what I do. for what it's worth.  

P.S. I am on another website, I'd rather not say which one, where this topic is raised in several different forms. Not Chris' paradigm, but in piecemeal. And when the denial kicks in it can get downright nasty. 

Morpheus's picture
Morpheus

One more thing pinecarr.

You'll see a LOT of MLK and Ghandi quotes from me. I'm sorry. I am just pretty much unoriginal. LOL!

But may I suggest that you mull over this truism? I find it about as accurate a statement as the historical record could ever demonstrate:

Quote:

First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win. ~Mohandas Ghandi

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr

I hope you are right, MGhandi.  These are people I care about, so  I am hoping I find a way to reach them.  But I think that choice, that personal decision a person makes that he/she wants to learn,  may be a very important component of the process.  I think maybe if we can figure out how to ignite that interest, that curiosity to learn more, folks like me may have more luck.

One idea I brought up before was making some of the testomonials available to us to distribute with the DVDs.  I think some of the heartfelt comments and descriptions by others who have gone through the course could possibly tweak others' interest.  Like the reviews on the back of a good book!

BTW, no apologies needed for quotes from good people!

Alex Szczech's picture
Alex Szczech

For what it's worth, I sent e-mails with a link to Crash Course to columnist Thomas Friedman, writer and social critic Jim Kunstler, Megan McArdle (blogger at The Atlantic) and the economics writer at our local paper, Mike Ivey. I also posted a link to Crash Course  in the comments section following Jim Kunstler's most recent post.  I'd love to find a way to bring this to the attention of a Bill Gates or a Steve Jobs (after all I'm supposedly only 7 people away from knowing themWink ). Next week I plan on sending e-mails to various public radio talk show hosts and suggest that they have Chris on as a guest (assuming he's so inclined).

UPDATE: I just sent off suggestions to Wisconsin, Minnesota, and National Public Radio to interview Chris. I also sent an e-mail to the Huffington Post suggesting they check out Chris' presentation and consider providing a link to it.

workhorse1569's picture
workhorse1569

Hi Everyone,

Just sent a suggestion to Wisconsin Public Radio to have Chris on their show.

I have had good luck getting friends to watch the CC by being really enthusiastic about it. I have also told them about the Transition Town movement at the same time to hold the carrot out of hope for a solution.  Everyone who has watched the video has said the same thing: WOW.

We had our first meeting of a core group (8) to discuss the CC and the Transition Town initiative.  I am very excited by all this can can tell that I have a tiger by the tail.

Kate

Woodman's picture
Woodman

I gave a copy of the crash course to the lcoal library; hopefully they'll put it in circulation.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments