Happy HOT day, cm.com!

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
Rosemary Sims's picture
Rosemary Sims
Happy HOT day, cm.com!

I don't know what happened yesterday or today, but when I tried to get onto cm.com this afternoon, I couldn't and was getting an "address not found" mess &  then lo & behold, I got a message from the server saying the problem was too many connections.  I'm pretty anal and anxious for this site to succeed and so I routinely scroll to the bottom of any forum page to scope out the number of users & guests.  I come here often and find that mid afternoon is peak.  I had been seeing the count for guests hovering around 300+, more recently 400- at this time with the number of users at about 10% more.  I went to Alexa yesterday and was not exactly excited.  And then today the guest count was at 502 (when I was *finally* able to get back on) with the users again around 10% (it may have been higher but I was frankly too excited to be very methodical).  I am absolutely thrilled and just had to spread the news.

I am an old eBay seller who used to complain mightily about that site crashing when I had auctions going as it grew to enormous proportions seemingly overnight.  I can tell you I had no such feelings today!  I know that this site has considered things such as a 30-40% expansion overnight, right?  Alexa is not reflecting this yet and I have no idea how often they update their stats.  But I saw it with my own old eBay eyes.

Great job everyone!  But as always, a special thanks to Chris who brought such enormous, complex problems to within our collective grasp so that we may now together focus on our future.

Rosemary

pinecarr's picture
pinecarr
Re: Happy HOT day, cm.com!

Rosemary, your post was a nice lift after reading a bunch of bummer financial crisis articles the last hour or so!  Thanks for sharing.

Rosemary Sims's picture
Rosemary Sims
Re: Happy HOT day, cm.com!

At 10+ pm, we've got roughly 60% more guests than ordinary in my experience here at this time.  WOO! 

Pinecarr, please don't get exhaused by what you are reading.  There is such subtle brainwashing, and as well, Media (including the internet) has trained us so well to *only* rationally evaluate everything we read.   But there is also the "ring of truth", totally intuitive.  We need you here in both modes.

Rosemary

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Login or Register to post comments